DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

God, when will mother fuckers learn not to bring in newbie Level 10's to the Weekend Silver APEX missions?  One player on our team late joined with a fucking Level 5 Human Male Sentinel III and went down every five minutes. 

He got dropped with ten seconds to go before Extraction and not a single squaddie got a twinge of No Man Left Behind and went to rescue him.  Fuck that guy.

I saved up 500K creds and bought one of those Super Disappointment Packs which wasn't totally disappointing.  My Kineticist is up to Rank VIII now and my Krogan Gladiator is finally Rank X.  Too bad that I don't play with Big Blue all that much these days.

I tinkered with the Kineticist a bit more and the key to playing Gold with her seems to speccing Pull so that her Barrier gets buffed as long as Pull is active and then speccing her Defensive Passive skill so that she gets a Barrier recharge with each Biotic Kill.  It's great that capturing redbars constantly charges my Barrier, but I still don't have enough points to get Throw up to Tier 6.

My APEX rating went up a whopping 400 points in one shot after I bought the Super Disappointment Pack, so I think from here on out for as long as I can stand it, I'll just save up and use those packs to level up my Rares and Ultra Rares.

18 minutes ago, J.T. said:

God, when will mother fuckers learn not to bring in newbie Level 10's to the Weekend Silver APEX missions?  One player on our team late joined with a fucking Level 5 Human Male Sentinel III and went down every five minutes. 

To be fair - he could have been looking for just a random silver match and it put him in the APEX Mission

I know on more than one occasion I would just hit random match and then the next thing I knew I was in the middle of an APEX mission

And if it is that hard to find matches now (based on what you guys are saying) it wouldn't shock me that much

Yep. There's so few people playing these days that folks figure correctly that everybody will take whatever they can get.

I figure that if I'm gonna have trouble finding four anyway, having anyone is better than no one because they draw fire away from me. If they die too much, I forget how to revive them.

It gets really bad anytime new characters are out, because people are trying to level them up fast by playing them at the highest difficulty they can get away with. You'll see Level 8s in Golds quite a bit. People think that if they have a semi-decent APEX rating, they'll be trusted to know what they're doing. Actually, it's usually any port in a storm.

Even I have late joined a high difficulty match on occasion expecting to get my lowbie carried, but I do have the decency to fire Cobras and do whatever necessary not to become a liability to the rest of the squad.

I'd never join a Gold match as a Level 8 guy that is sub Tier X though.  That's just crazy.  You're just asking to be the subject of a YouTube game fail video.

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They ain’t right in the head

The other part is what the hell else am I gonna play. It it wasn't this it would probably be four year old GTA. I still need to finish Nuka World in Fallout 4.  I might go back to Witcher 3 eventually  Thats it for games I haven't finished 

Andromeda is the only game I've bought this year. Pretty sure I only bought Fallout 4 last year.  Only game that is announced in development that I know I'll buy is Red Dead. Every time I read one of Poe's holy shit there's 9 games out this week that I'm gonna buy and platinum it occurs to me that I might not buy that many games this generation

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Robert C said:

The other part is what the hell else am I gonna play.

Tales From The Borderlands is currently Free With Gold.  There's something new to play and worthy of your time.

If you haven't played it, you've only yourself to blame.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jstout said:

Yep. There's so few people playing these days that folks figure correctly that everybody will take whatever they can get.

I figure that if I'm gonna have trouble finding four anyway, having anyone is better than no one because they draw fire away from me. If they die too much, I forget how to revive them.

It gets really bad anytime new characters are out, because people are trying to level them up fast by playing them at the highest difficulty they can get away with. You'll see Level 8s in Golds quite a bit. People think that if they have a semi-decent APEX rating, they'll be trusted to know what they're doing. Actually, it's usually any port in a storm.

That about sums it up.  Games dead. You take what you can get. As long as everybody but you isn't under leveled

2 minutes ago, Robert C said:

That about sums it up.  Games dead. You take what you can get. As long as everybody but you isn't under leveled

The game is apparently still popular somewhere in Eastern Europe since that is where the players come from that I roll with during my Bronze APEX Before Breakfast ritual.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Tales From The Borderlands is currently Free With Gold.  There's something new to play and worthy of your time.

If you haven't played it, you've only yourself to blame.

Not feeling the Borderlands love right now. I maybe made it halfway through the last one and I don't see myself going back to it.  Maybe I'm just old and grumpy

Well Tales From The Borderlands is a TellTale game so it is totally different

But if those games aren't your thing - then it totally makes sense.

But I love Tales From the Borderlands is my 2nd favorite Borderlands game

I fucking hate it when some stranger barges into your party without being invited. But the night shift got visited by the German Guy (Detlef, I kid you not) and the other guy who has the world's ugliest-sounding girlfriend. Now, I mind, but I thought maybe they needed one more to fill out a game or some shit. I think the German guy's heart is in the right place, at least.

Turns out they had pretty much just started a match, so I had to sit around and sit around for them to finish with their match.

How do I freaking attract these weirdos? All I want are some decent people to play the game with when the night shift isn't on, and as usual, it bites me in the ass.

Detlef left and here comes a guy with pretty much every stereotypical British accent ever. He was telling some wild story about how some other guy I''ve played with before and is a known jackass was accusing the British dude of calling the American government on him or some such shit, and I'm just constantly thinking "all of this would be one hell of a book."

So, apologies to Melraz and Robert.

• Like 1

There are some times when the Euros infuriate me, but most of the time I am just thankful that there area still people online to fill a squad out when I want to play first thing in the morning before work.

And TBH, if you guys aren't online I don't even bother equipping a mic.  The less said the better.  This is why I don't grind as much Platinum as I should because communication is key, but I can't stand to conversate with Platinum players because I end up being everyone's fucking online therapist.

There must be a Post-It stuck to my forehead that says, "I am an understanding person and a good listener.  Please tell me your life's story and talk to me about all of your personal problems."

7 hours ago, jstout said:

I fucking hate it when some stranger barges into your party without being invited. But the night shift got visited by the German Guy (Detlef, I kid you not) and the other guy who has the world's ugliest-sounding girlfriend. Now, I mind, but I thought maybe they needed one more to fill out a game or some shit. I think the German guy's heart is in the right place, at least.

Turns out they had pretty much just started a match, so I had to sit around and sit around for them to finish with their match.

How do I freaking attract these weirdos? All I want are some decent people to play the game with when the night shift isn't on, and as usual, it bites me in the ass.

Detlef left and here comes a guy with pretty much every stereotypical British accent ever. He was telling some wild story about how some other guy I''ve played with before and is a known jackass was accusing the British dude of calling the American government on him or some such shit, and I'm just constantly thinking "all of this would be one hell of a book."

So, apologies to Melraz and Robert.

No problem at all.  I was having trouble keeping my eyes open after those two ground pound matches, so I really needed to drop off.  

That platinum we ran legit seemed almost easy, even with us having to revive Haploid every 20 seconds.  That damn platinum-lite silver strike team I failed with randoms 4 times seemed much harder, though that might say more about the quality of randoms I got.

That bronze strike team I ran while y'all were doing the platinum cracked me up.  It was me, the number one guy overall on xbox, and two guys with Apex ratings below 300.  The low levels held their own, though.  I ran into my fair share of the Illuminati yesterday - numbers 1, 3 and 12.  Ol' booger, with his 60000 Apex rating was the third highest random of the day.

2 minutes ago, jstout said:

A lot of these guys invite me to parties so we can "strategize," which usually means they're gonna brag about how good they are and tell me what to do.

Just tell you got this shit.  They die, you revive em.  Rinse and repeat. 

Don't know if I could stand that.  I'm way too antisocial to accept friend requests or party invites from randoms.  I think every person on my friends list was either part of the GTA crew, or was a friend of someone who was.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Mis and I played Destiny 2 together for a little bit over the weekend and while we were talking we were both kinda surprised that everyone hasn't migrated back to GTA V yet

I got 100% Completion on the 360 version, so my OCD would explode if I got the XB1 version and had to start a brand new single player game (that I would be compelled to complete 100%) just to get access to GTA Online.