DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, jstout said:

These two were totally Spike and Chester. It was kinda charming.

Now I have this mental image that won't go away of a Salarian jumping around a Krogan asking him in rapid fire speech whether or not he wants to play a Silver APEX Match.

Then the Krogan just says, "Neh," and backhands the shit out of the Salarian.

Then the Salarian gets back up and says, "Nah.  That's no fun.  You wouldn't wanna do that, would'ya Spike?"

• Haha 1

There are so many bad jokes I wanna make about dragging poor Apex level 1000 magical mangina (yes that was his actual name) through what had to be his first legit platinum.

Credit to the little feller.  He got with the rules of the Night Shift Avenger program quick

1. Have a vivid, monochromatic Avenger.

2. Stay invisible

3. Chuck grenades

4. Invisible relay race on wave 7

Also, he didn't send me a friend request or a message about coffee and piss, which I appreciated.

• Haha 2

We had a turrible teammate that died about 10000 times across 3 platinums.  We left his dead ass under a tree for a bunch of waves.  I guess he thought we'd bonded or something, because after we finished the last match he sent me a message telling us to wait for him to take a coffee and piss break.  We didn't.

Mangy was such a pleasant surprise during that Platinum. I was already warning everyone that we weren't gonna make it 'cause I thought he would die literally 1,000 times.

Instead, I think he saw what we were doing (staying invisible, throwing sticky bombs) and said "I can do that."

Then he joined us at 7 in our cowardly strolls around the map. Great stuff.

I will be an official sucker the day I finally start playing Destiny 2 and then everyone moves on to some other new hotness three days later and never plays Destiny 2 ever again.

I will be a sucker and a dumbass if I fall for the okie doke and buy Anthem.

I'm playing some matches with this guy I've played with a billion times, except this time I'm in a party chat with him and his "girlfriend," who sounds about 60 and gave her throat to the Marlboro Man years ago. 

It's easily one of my most surreal gaming experiences ever. I am both dying to know what this chick looks like and absolutely petrified she would turn me to stone if I ever found out. And oh yeah, there's a German dude.

Later on we were joined by Freight Train of $5 Wrestling fame. We failed the last game I played with them because the cloaker (dude with the girlfriend) forgot he had to do something besides shoot and he completely whiffed a devices wave. In his defense, he was stoned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, jstout said:

I'm playing some matches with this guy I've played with a billion times,

I run into the same five Europeans almost every morning when I do the Bronze APEX before work thing and we've played together thousands of times.

Today my homie, Samet (have no idea what his gamertag means), left his mic on and I could hear his son speaking Italian in the background.  The kid didn't sound happy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jstout said:

Spoken like a bitter man who couldn't handle the rigors of Andromeda and ran off to Uranus instead.

I am giving Uranus quite the deep dicking

Wait... what???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I run into the same five Europeans almost every morning when I do the Bronze APEX before work thing and we've played together thousands of times.

Today my homie, Samet (have no idea what his gamertag means), left his mic on and I could hear his son speaking Italian in the background.  The kid didn't sound happy.

https://youtu.be/YnREBX8TJRY

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was on this afternoon for a couple of games, and one of my teammates had to have a come-to-Jesus chat with two teammates who wasn't clued in on the Nova thing. I was the Salarian, and the Avenger was low APEX, so I was worried. He did fine, though. The chat was hilarious - "OK, guys, here's what you're going to do..."

Holy fuck.  Stout is thirteen spots out of the Global Top 100.

I think I have five sub 20th Level characters left in my APEX roster:  Asari Duelist, Human Commando, Human Guardian, Batarian Vanguard, and the Angaran Exemplar.

We won't even talk about how many Sub- Rank XX characters I have left.  It would help if my Disappointment Packs would upgrade characters rather than giving me more shitty weapon variants.

I should be able to get my last guy to 20 in the next day or two.  The commando is at 18 now.  Everybody else is already there. 

Still need about a dozen drops to get the two new guys to XX.  Finally got my first ultra-rare to X yesterday via mission funds.  It was the Gladiator, who ought to be a Nova beast now that her abilities are fully upgraded.  The Batarian is still only at III, so eventually I'll get to look forward to a bunch of drops of him in a row.

Weapons are a completely different thing.  I'm probably about 1/3-1/2 of the way on getting the uncommon variants to X.  I've got the standard rares to X, but still need about 650 variants, and there are about 20 variants that I don't even have to I.  There's one ultra-rare weapon that hasn't dropped yet at all, and my highest level gun is at IV.  

10 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Weapons are a completely different thing.  I'm probably about 1/3-1/2 of the way on getting the uncommon variants to X.  I've got the standard rares to X, but still need about 650 variants, and there are about 20 variants that I don't even have to I.  There's one ultra-rare weapon that hasn't dropped yet at all, and my highest level gun is at IV.  

I checked my arsenal yesterday and I think that the only weapons I am missing are the N7 Valkryie and the N7 Piranha.

The goal is to get into the top 100, doable but tougher than I thought because it seems a lot of the people at this level are still playing. It's been a slow climb.

Played last night with a bunch of sharks - I was low APEX in the group - and even got invited to some secret society of 40,000-plus APEXes designed to make platinum spots easier to fill.

The ringleader was this mouthy dude who always had a better idea of how you should be doing things, all while dying every 5 seconds. Good stuff.

By the way, mission funds ultra-rares are still characters, for the third straight week. Just have to keep saving. New Silver APEX also promises to be a mixture of enemies like the one last week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I checked my arsenal yesterday and I think that the only weapons I am missing are the N7 Valkryie and the N7 Piranha.

That sucks about the Piranha.  It's probably my favorite gun in the game.  Valkyrie isn't bad, especially for a standoffish type character.  Gotta pair it with something that packs more of a punch for closeup work, though.  I'm missing the newest gun, whatever that's called.

23 minutes ago, Robert C said:

That sucks about the Piranha.  It's probably my favorite gun in the game.  Valkyrie isn't bad, especially for a standoffish type character.  Gotta pair it with something that packs more of a punch for closeup work, though.  I'm missing the newest gun, whatever that's called.

The Angaran assault rifle?  I got that in a Disappointment Pack the day it was released.

Haven't fired one shot with it.

2 hours ago, jstout said:

The goal is to get into the top 100, doable but tougher than I thought because it seems a lot of the people at this level are still playing. It's been a slow climb.

Played last night with a bunch of sharks - I was low APEX in the group - and even got invited to some secret society of 40,000-plus APEXes designed to make platinum spots easier to fill.

The ringleader was this mouthy dude who always had a better idea of how you should be doing things, all while dying every 5 seconds. Good stuff.

By the way, mission funds ultra-rares are still characters, for the third straight week. Just have to keep saving. New Silver APEX also promises to be a mixture of enemies like the one last week.

Yeah I've noticed I seem to be climbing faster from just doing the dailies than you are from kicking the crap out platinum.  Figured there had to be a logjam around where you are.  The folks down around the 500s must have their heads up Uranus.

Congrats on being accepted into the 40K Illuminati.

stonecutter-song-e1403542165966.png

• Haha 2