DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am not 100% on this but the way I read the achievement is that you don't have to max all the profiles to 6 at the same time.

You just can keep re-specing and the achievement will unlock.

I never did that because I too was stubborn and was trying to get it all on one character at the same time and then I hated the game so I stopped playing so I am not 100% certain that it will work.

But if it gets you the achievement it will save you A LOT of time

There has been some speculation on the ME boards and Reddits that repeccing yourself multiple times in order to unlock the trophy was patched with 1.10, which is why I've never really tried doing it that way during this NewGame+.. 

I parked Scott aboard the Tempest this morning before heading off to work, so I will check and see if the medbay trick still works when I get home.  If it does, I will unlock the achievement, settle up with the Archon again,  uninstall the game, and trade this fucker in for some store creds.

Got a few drops of the new folks with mission funds.  In completely unsurprising news, I like the Commando and hate the Guardian.  I kind of figure the Guardian would be good for shield spamming in Platinum, though.  Commando will be good once I get her leveled up to the point where she can make things go boom.

Looking at the back of the Guardian all match with the default color scheme makes me think I'm playing as one of the bigass, albino bad guys from Prometheus.

9 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Got a few drops of the new folks with mission funds.  In completely unsurprising news, I like the Commando and hate the Guardian.  I kind of figure the Guardian would be good for shield spamming in Platinum, though. .

Yes, people are already talking about how Shield Boost and Backlash will make it ideal for the "Hey, you! Cover me while I XXXXX."  role in Platinum matches since he is a personal kinetic shield battery and a Barrier all rolled into one.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Okay those two special APEX missions were a lot of fun.  I don't think anyone on my squad was expecting Deal With The Devil to be a Platinum-lite mission.  There were lots of deaths in my match because players really underestimated the threat. I used my Level 20 Krogard XX for Deal With the Devil.  I did not mess around.

The Bronze celebration mission was challenging, but not really tough. 

It was definitely a challenge for my run.  I used the Kroguard as well, and still managed to die twice.  Once after getting shrink wrapped by one of the four Ascendants that were on the map at the same time.  The other when I got taken out from behind by an Anointed just after winning a ten round headbutt match with a damn Behemoth.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am intimidated by the Human Guardian so I have not played him yet.  His armor is rather... colorful... He looks like a rainbow puked on him. He is a walking acid trip.

I've tried to make most of my guys as vivid as possible.  Bunch of em look like tie dye nightmares.  The rest are bright pink or yellow.  The night shift all Salarian Operator Korean pop band is a sight to behold.  Sadly none of mine look as good as melraz's Usain Bolt Kroguard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Robert C said:

It was definitely a challenge for my run.  I used the Kroguard as well, and still managed to die twice.  Once after getting shrink wrapped by one of the four Ascendants that were on the map at the same time.  The other when I got taken out from behind by an Anointed just after winning a ten round headbutt match with a damn Behemoth.

I've tried to make most of my guys as vivid as possible.  Bunch of em look like tie dye nightmares.  The rest are bright pink or yellow.  The night shift all Salarian Operator Korean pop band is a sight to behold.  Sadly none of mine look as good as melraz's Usain Bolt Kroguard.

All of my guys are either day-glow yellow or day-glow green. It's been a personal pet peeve of mine when someone dresses up their character to look too much like an enemy (usually Outlaw). Anyone who dresses a Krogan in red needs to ponder their choices a bit more. I like the outlandish colors because I don't confuse teammates for enemies.

It's weird - I don't see any reason to put much thought into how my guys look, yet I used to go absolutely insane in GTA Online until I got the car I was tinkering with looking perfect. 

I realize this is completely personal preference, but I hate that backlash power. It's cute, but I never can get anything working with it. The Salarian's non-shield-boosting powers are just mean. Need mean, not cute. I know I played the backlash one, but haven't played the other guy yet, and I think they're up to XII by now.

13 minutes ago, jstout said:

I realize this is completely personal preference, but I hate that backlash power.

I can see you've rarely run as an Asari Sentinel and used Backlash against Observers and Anointed. 

You can pretty much get high RoF enemies to kill themselves almost instantly if you have Backlash bumped up to where it has the Reflection perk.

There's also the added benefit of players being able to shoot through your Aegis, but enemies fire will be deflected or (even better) reflected.

16 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I can see you've rarely run as an Asari Sentinel and used Backlash against Observers and Anointed. 

You can pretty much get high RoF enemies to kill themselves almost instantly if you have Backlash bumped up to where it has the Reflection perk.

There's also the added benefit of players being able to shoot through your Aegis, but enemies fire will be deflected or (even better) reflected.

Backlash is the only thing keeping me from the gold biotic medal.  I can see how it would be useful, I just don't feel like using it.  My Asari Sentinel was all about running around blowing things up and punching them in the face.

25 minutes ago, jstout said:

All of my guys are either day-glow yellow or day-glow green. It's been a personal pet peeve of mine when someone dresses up their character to look too much like an enemy (usually Outlaw). Anyone who dresses a Krogan in red needs to ponder their choices a bit more. I like the outlandish colors because I don't confuse teammates for enemies.

It's weird - I don't see any reason to put much thought into how my guys look, yet I used to go absolutely insane in GTA Online until I got the car I was tinkering with looking perfect. 

I realize this is completely personal preference, but I hate that backlash power. It's cute, but I never can get anything working with it. The Salarian's non-shield-boosting powers are just mean. Need mean, not cute. I know I played the backlash one, but haven't played the other guy yet, and I think they're up to XII by now.

I got the idea to make everything as bright as possible from you, and it definitely made sense after about the 10000th time I shot at a teammate that looked just like a damn outlaw.  You definitely don't run across too many pink/yellow/lime green tie died outlaw Krogans.

• Gets home.
  • Sits down.
  • Starts playing Mass Effect Andromeda.
  • Loads most recent save in Campaign Mode
  • Goes to Medbay.
  • Spends 5K credits for yet another respec.
  • Puts enough Skill Points points into Biotics to unlock the Rank 6 Adept profile.
  • *plonk* sparkly noise *plonk*
  • FUCK YEAH~!

This game is officially platinumemememeneed or something...

So I finished up the epilogue and am officially done with Campaign Mode.  I'm still debating whether or not I will trade the game in so long as Stout, Melraz, and Robert are still killing things in a galaxy far far away.

I think I may be getting a copy of Destiny 2 for my birthday, but I do know that I am definitely going to scratch the Watch Dogs 2 itch in the immediate future. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I think I may be getting a copy of Destiny 2 for my birthday, but I do know that I am definitely going to scratch the Watch Dogs 2 itch in the immediate future. 

I said this over in the Destiny 2 thread but D2 does a much better job of letting you play for like a hour and then walk away and do something else.

Much easier to not get sucked down the rabbit hole. So honestly you could probably do both at the same time

Welp, N7 day didn't exactly pick up business on the multiplayer front.

And Robert, I must confess I now get it - damn, I love the Piranha. If you need to put eight shotgun shells in something with a quickness, there's your gun. So effective doing Nova Platinum.

• Like 1

Just got done playing some Platinums with a crew I'd ran some with before, but didn't remember it until I saw their tactics. 

I think I wrote about this here before the first time - on Paradox, they jammed that back cave instead of the smaller thing up front, and we just got punished. The only thing it's good for is making it easier to do the hacks and uploads that pop up at the front of the map, because all the enemies are in back. If you're in the back, though, it's boundless chaos.

We then did the Platinum APEX, and one of the guys livestreamed it on his Twitch and YouTube channel, complete with the whole spiel at the end of the game about liking and commenting and subscribing and blah, blah, blah. It was comical. I dunno why anybody would wanna watch us (or anyone else, for that matter) play, because we sucked - about 2,500 revives, we barely made it out alive, etc. I don't really get Twitch/livestreaming, but I'm an old man.

It's amazing that for how tactical they were, everything was a complete struggle. They would've taken the joy out of the game if I'd cared, but I just kinda went with it and got a good chuckle out of it. The Paradox thing is especially puzzling - that little cave works great regardless of the composition of your team. It's difficult to get overwhelmed. It's fairly easy money even if you're not using the Nova method. Why struggle more than you have to?

4 hours ago, jstout said:

Just got done playing some Platinums with a crew I'd ran some with before, but didn't remember it until I saw their tactics. 

I think I wrote about this here before the first time - on Paradox, they jammed that back cave instead of the smaller thing up front, and we just got punished. The only thing it's good for is making it easier to do the hacks and uploads that pop up at the front of the map, because all the enemies are in back. If you're in the back, though, it's boundless chaos.

We then did the Platinum APEX, and one of the guys livestreamed it on his Twitch and YouTube channel, complete with the whole spiel at the end of the game about liking and commenting and subscribing and blah, blah, blah. It was comical. I dunno why anybody would wanna watch us (or anyone else, for that matter) play, because we sucked - about 2,500 revives, we barely made it out alive, etc. I don't really get Twitch/livestreaming, but I'm an old man.

It's amazing that for how tactical they were, everything was a complete struggle. They would've taken the joy out of the game if I'd cared, but I just kinda went with it and got a good chuckle out of it. The Paradox thing is especially puzzling - that little cave works great regardless of the composition of your team. It's difficult to get overwhelmed. It's fairly easy money even if you're not using the Nova method. Why struggle more than you have to?

I always figured some of our better GTA stupidity (5 guys on the roof of an ambulance jumping into Zancudo to shoot down that transport plane type stuff) would've been worth watching.  I can't imagine how you'd make anything in Andromeda multiplayer worth watching without melraz on commentary.

• Haha 2

Melraz on commentary = big money.

I'd think a couple of people would watch after finding it strictly due to the "listen to these redneck dimwits playing this game. Couple of 'em won't quit talking about Dollywood" factor.

"Is that supposed to be Foghorn Leghorn?"

"That one of 'em is druuuunnnnk."

"You mean they're not all drunk? Holy shit."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Cracked me up. You went from pretty damn lucid straight to much drunkern in one moment. It was hilarious. 

More from our soon-to-be loyal viewers: "Who's that guy? I didn't even know he was on here. Oh shit, he's been passed-out drunk for two hours with his headset on?"

This is how we get famous, dalmit.

• Like 3

What tickled me about Twitch boy was that his APEX was over 50,000, but he deferred everything to his little buddy, who was at 32,000. 

After I was splitting for the night, little buddy made it sound like I had passed the audition and thus could be on their team again, and I wanted to scream MY APEX IS 9,000 HIGHER THAN YOURS, CHIEF.

Apparently, he missed the memo with the news that we've got this shit.

Gotta love the Internet.

• Like 3

Surprisingly good fourth in Paradox platinum today: the Asari Adept. I was feeding shield boosts, so that may have helped, but between the annihilation field and those zappy attacks, anything that got into the cave got dead quickly.

Dude had an APEX of 3,200 or so, and betweem that and the Adept not being XX-20, I was fearing the worst, but he was fine.

Later, me and a guy I've played with 2 million times were trying to get a Platinum going when we were joined by two guys, both with APEXs under 1,000. I think me and my boy was playing chicken on who would start first until I handed him the win by backing out.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:39 AM, jstout said:

What tickled me about Twitch boy was that his APEX was over 50,000, but he deferred everything to his little buddy, who was at 32,000. 

I am a forty nine year old grown ass man, dog..  I am no one's little buddy.