DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

I've done the tech challenge enough times.  I usually just soloed bronzes with the Architect, and made the VI do all the work.  I don't need the mission funds that badly now.

They finally got round to selling rare characters again at the store, so all of those are up to XX now.  Highest ultra-rare is at V, so there's a lot more to go there if I ever bother.  Batarian is at 15, so everybody will be level 20 sometime this week.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

So there "big" N7 Day celebration is a special mission.

Yup....

Which will probably crash when you try to run it, based on how well they've tested the other special missions so far.

14 hours ago, Robert C said:

Weekend strike team is gonna be interesting.  Silver Kett with no revives, shield boost/low health, and dampened weapons.

I ran it with my Male Human Sentinel and made the Barricade do the work.  Got Combat Mastery Gold and am now #785 on the Xbox Global List for Challenge Ratings with a score of 19,995.  I also broke 20K for my APEX Rating, but I'm still just shy of the Top 1K mark. 

The greatness of my Multiplayer sessions prepared me for the sadness to come in Campaign Mode....

• Not since Virmire have I experienced such mission bullshittery in a Mass Effect game.  The Archon's flagship was a fucking Salarian charnel house in full genocidal mode.  Holy fuck, the lingering sound of Salarians screaming in pain was bloodcurdling.  The fucking Kett just dumped the empty stasis pods around their ship like so many empty beer cans.  Words cannot express the rage..
  • I couldn't just leave the survivors without a figure to rally around and the Salarian Pathfinder was arguably the most likeable Salarian I've run across in the game. So yeah, I went to rescue her when she announced she was going to do something brave and stupid.  I hated myself, but it felt like the right call.
  • Okay, SAM.  You can fucking defibrillate my ass back to consciousness any day now.
  • I was good with Drack giving the Salarian Pathfinder the business after the rescue as the Salarians have a lot to make good on, but I thought he was going to take my head off when I tried to make the worst apology ever. So much for my good deeds done on behalf of New Tuchanka.  1 Aw, Shit > One Million Atta, Boys.
  • Kesh also gave me the stink eye when I got back to the Nexus, but at least she had the good taste to acknowledge that I prevented Civil War in New Tuchanka, so I have done more for the Krogan than the Krogan have done for themselves.
  • I wanted to punch Tann for that "not just my people; our people." bullshit, but at least he is consistent with his Zero Fucks About The Krogan attitude.  I am sad that I get no cutscene with Tann blowing a gasket over Kesh allowing Nakmor mercs to join the Nexus security detail.
  • I was a little less deflated when the Salarian Pathfinder stepped up first to join my Archon Beat Down Tour 2017.. 
  • This is also the new Asari Pathfinder's shot at redemption so she'd better have her shit together.
  • Hopefully the Angarans I sprung from stir on Voeld will come to bail my ass out when I run into the KroKett Berserker Death Squad on Meridian.
  • Kallo is overwhelmingly grateful. I kept my promise to save his people.  Silver linings.
  • The talk with Drack about legacy and doing right by your kids is probably my favorite crew interaction mission.
  • So now, the prologue before the epilogue stuff begins, I guess.  Installation of Ghost Storm will have to be postponed.
  • Lexi is not cool with SAM being able to stop my heart whenever he wants.  I can't say I am good with that either.
  • Keri is on lockdown.  That sorta pushes off our hook up a bit, doesn't it?
  • Sis is awake.  She makes jokes about me eating boogers when I was six.  She does not respect my authority.
  • Tea with Suvi was awesome.  Lifted my sprits a bit after the Salarian Pathfinder debacle.
  • Mom has been alive and has been in stasis the entire time and I am no closer to solving Jien Garson's murder or discovering who this mysterious benefactor was than when I started.  Obvious content designed to be resolved in a DLC that will never come to fruition.  Very pissed off.
  • Aw.  My positive influence is rubbing off on Vetra.  She owns a tacky lamp just like the father did in A Christmas Story.  IT'S A MAJOR AWARD~!
  • Went to Aya to pick up some crazy component for Movie Night and met with some Angaran survivors of the Kett Invasion.  Surprisingly moving testimonials.  As if I needed more motivation to put the Archon in a pine box and launch it in the direction of the closest sun..
  • I met Gil's bestie, Jill on Prodromos.  She's all business when it comes to procreation.  We're not machines, lady.
  • Finally got some sugar from Cora,  Things are finally starting to look up.

So now I have to meet Jaal's family, investigate some conspiracy concerning the surrender of the Salarian Ark, hang out with Vetra on Kadara, and go put down some more Kett on Elaaden.

I'm at close to 80% complete, so the end game should go down sometime next week unless I get to play over the weekend.  I'm looking forward to tearing the Archon's bone ring off of his head and shoving it up his ass.

I'll probably have to do a brief replay plus to earn enough EXP to get all of Scott's profiles up to 6 to earn the High Performance achievement (not sure if I'll have the EXP to do that before endgame and that is probably by design) and I'll also have to start up a quick game as Biotic Sara so that I can knock back the Fastball, Trapshot, and Sucker Punch achievements in short order.

I am not sure, but I think I maxed out the Pathfinder, Initiative, and Maverick armor sets at VII, so I may have to start crafting the advanced set Helius Defender Armor I've been researching if I want the rankings of my armor to keep pace with the rankings on my crafted N7 weapons.

I'll also have to change the color scheme from purple and silver to red and black..

I am starting to get paranoid about the Cryptographer achievement.  I've kinda lost count on how many puzzles I've solved.

So far I have personally solved every Remnant Sudoku puzzle I have come across in the main story and have cheated to find the location of the missable ones in the Vaults and solved them manually instead of using decryption devices. 

I've also completed the Data Cache quests on Eos and Elaaden and solved the puzzles in those missions, and I solved the puzzle on Voeld associated with Peebee's Loyalty Mission.  Hopefully I am really close to the 20 puzzle total and any puzzles I solve on Meridian will put me over the bonus.

If I beat the endgame before that achievement unlocks. I am going to be fucking salty.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I was good with Drack giving the Salarian Pathfinder the business after the rescue as the Salarians have a lot to make good on, but I thought he was going to take my head off when I tried to make the worst apology ever. So much for my good deeds done on behalf of New Tuchanka.  1 Aw, Shit > One Million Atta, Boys.

Well you did potentially leave just enough Krogan for the Kett to examine and find a breakthrough for full exaltation of the smallest species, population wise, in the Heleus Cluster.

It was impossible this afternoon to find people to play Gold. I think quite a few of the already dwindling player base migrated to Uranus a couple of weeks ago. 

So I had to play Silvers with randoms just to finish my dailies, and I nearly got my face kicked in. It didn't help that several of my teammates were having a dying contest.

Me and another guy carried the hell out of the other two in one match, including one guy who, I shit you not, died at least four times a wave. i had to write the other good teammate and say "that was something" after the match.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I hate you so much right now, Eivion.

Don't blame me. The game all but tells people this, but people keep ignoring it because they get to see a cool female Salarian. This and the ancient AI came across to me as the smaller decisions in this game that would have bigger implications future games. Unfortunately its not like you really have to worry about that anymore. I've now depressed myself a little with that reminder.

The AI DEFINITELY was going to be a big deal.

I basically looked at it as any of the decisions they felt worthy enough to put in your codex entry (The Journey So Far...) were the ones that were going to have lasting implications

Joined a game in progress this afternoon. Gold Kett on Aqua. Came in on Wave 6, spawned in the middle of an upload. Finished it and another one, then headed to the third to see why it wasn't moving.

I found out. The upload zone was basically a Kett convention. I used three revives and a first aid just trying to clear the zone. As soon as we finished the upload, I took off like my ass was on fire for destination: anywhere else, waving goodbye to my teammates with the immortal quote from "Blazing Saddles.": "Son, you're on your own."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Campaign Mode on Sunday can be summed up in two bullet points.

• Dr. Arlen.  Go fuck yourself.
  • Primus.  Go fuck yourself.

The Journey to Meridian begins this afternoon after work after I get home from taking my car to get an oil change.

I'm at 80% Completion and soldiering on.  I need one more level to upgrade Omni-Grenades to Rank 6 and then I need to put points into Lance or something to get a Biotic power up to 6 and unlock another achievement. 

I don't plan on respeccing myself again to get the achievement for having a Rank 6 power in each Power class because I'm happy with where and how I have my current Skill Points distributed.  I still have some content to beat, so I should gain enough levels in playthrough to jump that hurdle.

Compared to Tech and Combat, I barely have any points in Biotics so I will probably have to do a partial playthrough in order to get the Skill Points required to get all of my profiles up to Rank 6 and unlock that achievement.

I don't see myself sticking with the game long enough to get a Rank 6 Bonus Stat in Multiplayer.  I'm struggling to convince myself that I even need to keep this copy of the game long enough to log on during N7 Day since the window for not-quite-so-shitty trade-in credit value is closing rapidly.

I got my Tier 8 armor and weapon upgrades after I leveled up to 61, so I am sporting crafted Tier 8 Pathfinder armor and crafted Tier 8 N7 weapons now.

On the Multiplayer front, I am finally in the Top 1K in APEX Rating at #995. 

I'm #785 in Challenge Rating.  I really should start using pistols as a primary for my characters more often.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, Eivion said:

Don't blame me. The game all but tells people this, but people keep ignoring it because they get to see a cool female Salarian.

Yeah.  I figured that everything that makes the Journey So Far section of the Codex has lasting implications.

That makes me feel better about my decisions about the natural gas mining on Eos, but the loss of the Angaran AI and rise of the KroKett were going to be persistent issues in my game if there had been a DLC.

12 hours ago, jstout said:

Joined a game in progress this afternoon. Gold Kett on Aqua. Came in on Wave 6, spawned in the middle of an upload. Finished it and another one, then headed to the third to see why it wasn't moving.

I found out. The upload zone was basically a Kett convention. I used three revives and a first aid just trying to clear the zone. As soon as we finished the upload, I took off like my ass was on fire for destination: anywhere else, waving goodbye to my teammates with the immortal quote from "Blazing Saddles.": "Son, you're on your own."

Yeah, I had the unfortunate luck to spawn during Challenge Wave 6 a Gold APEX Mission where everyone was already dead and there was one more Upload zone to complete. 

The zone had a Fiend and the Ascendant camping it.

I burned four out of five Cobras clearing the area and managed to complete the Upload.

It made me very angry when all of the players used at least one revive per person in order to make Full Extraction.   Why were you assholes going to let yourselves bleed out during the Challenge Wave?  Fuck, guys...

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair (not that I think this happened) - they could have all gotten spiked by said Fiend and Ascendant

I'd have bought that argument if the 1.10 patch hadn't taken away boss autokilling out of multiplayer.

My excuse for them in the attempt to be fair is that they'd burned through revives, RPGs, and first aids during the match and wanted to keep something in reserve for Extraction, but didn't get the chance to execute the plan because of the wipe.

I will be the first to admit that there are matches where I have consciously decided not to revive myself when players do dumb shit and seem determined to tank the mission.

18 hours ago, jstout said:

Sounds about like what melraz and I ran into in that gold Remnant strike team the three of us did on that same map.  I was running along the riverside towards the upload at extraction and just stopped cold when I got round the corner and saw what was waiting for us - two destroyers, at least four Nulifiers, and assorted smaller stuff.  No way we had time to deal with that using conventional weapons.  Took four RPGs to clean it out.

• Like 1

It was completely overwhelmed when I got there. I kept wondering how I got through two uploads, even with cloaking, without one interruption. It's 'cause every opponent was in that last upload.

I keep forgetting RPGs as a means of dealing with an Ascendant, and that's dumb. RPG the orb down and then knife shit out of him. That would've helped there so much.

85% Complete.  Not much further now, I guess.

• The firefights on what I thought was Meridian were spectacular.  I took Liam along and got the awesome callback to falling out of a shuttle on Habitat 7 in the opening cutscene.  I was happy that I discovered the console to unlock the door to DATA CORE NUMBER NINE~!  without cheating, but there is no way I'd have found that missable Remnant Sudoku door without YouTube.  I figured from the quality of opposition that this wasn't the endgame.  The Archon will get what's coming to him soon enough.  Unlocked the achievement for activating Meridian.
  • The price of saving Raeka is having KroKett around every corner.  Fuck 'em because that's what we carry Incendiary Round consumables.  Unless the Archon knows how to clone these fucks, he should run out pretty soon.  He only captured a finite number of Krogan scouts and I've killed four Berserkers so far.
  • I got tired of Fiend bullshit everywhere I turned on Meridian, so I burned three Cobras.  Nothing makes for a trivialized mission or truncated game session quite like high explosives.
  • So I've "found" and solved all six of the missable Remnant Puzzles.  Hopefully I will come across any remaining puzzles in the normal course of the story and that will complete the Cryptography achievement.
  • Had the talk with Jaal about discovering the Jardaan constructs.  Fuck it, man.  You are the captain of your own fate, dude.  Sail that fucking ship wherever you want to.
  • I told Gil to donate his seed and be a dad.  He will be a great father.
  • Avela Kjar put me in the Friends With Benefits zone.  Work came first.
  •  Keri was released from jail and the bullshit charges were dropped.  We hooked up off camera.  I still have one more interview to do.
  • I have no idea what Flaming Thresher Maws Of Doom is, but it was good to have Drack not be pissed off at me.
  • Picked up Asari booze from the Nexus.  Lexi was terrified by whatever Drack and Peebee were brewing in Hydroponics.  Ryncol nearly killed Shep, so a nice, mild vintage from Thessia might not be a bad idea.
  • Movie Night was pretty fucking awesome.  Good to see the entire gang hanging out together.  Scott's acting was terrible.  I chose the YOU SHALL BE AVENGED, KALLO~! line.  Cora had her head on Scott's shoulder during the romantic part of Last of the Legion, so I'm guessing that the crewmate you're involved with is always sitting beside you during that cutscene..
  • Which led too.....
  • It was pretty awesome of Bioware to put in the "Oops, you kids / wife / significant other are at home.  Here is a censored version of your hook up with your romantic video game paramour!" alternative.  I had Scott go for broke with Cora since everyone was out to dinner and I had the crib to myself.  Good thing too because Cora's butt took up the entire screen.  Yikes..  Far more Rated M than Shep and Ashley's encounter way back when.
  • Unlocked the Rare Achievement for three romances completed across all playthroughs.  I figured you could unlock that achievement in one go if you played your cards right.   One less reason to do a complete Sara playthrough.... Thank God...
  • Jaal turned down a commission with the Resistance to stay on my crew.  I was honored.
  • Vetra is looking forward to the day where she can just be a citizen.  So am I, but we still have work to do, homegirl.
  • So we're mapping the Scourge and trying to figure out where true Meridian is.  I still have quite a few unexplored systems in the cluster, so I figure I'm not as close to endgame as I think I am.

MP is progressing.  I am halfway to a 21K APEX rating and the DC's have put me above 20K in Challenge Rating. 

I still don't have a Carnifax but an Expert Pack gave me the Silhesh. 

I knocked out the last few points of the Hesh challenge, so I should be somewhat close to Shotgun Mastery Silver.

54 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The price of saving Raeka is having KroKett around every corner.  Fuck 'em because that's what we carry Incendiary Round consumables.  Unless the Archon knows how to clone these fucks, he should run out pretty soon.  He only captured a finite number of Krogan scouts and I've killed four Berserkers so far.

Yeah keep thinking the logic worked that way.

Even if you save the Krogans - you still have to fight Berserkers

Ran a few golds last night just to get the dailies.  Mostly it degenerated into me and melraz meleeing stuff.  Fortunately the randoms we had understood the plan, so we ran around as a pack whacking everything in sight.  Highlight was probably melraz headbutting a Blaze Hydra to death at the same time I was knifing a regular one.

• Like 1