DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Oh, and I have got three more of those annoying fetchits in Campaign Mode that require me to hit the camps and pray for random progress. 

Now I have to comb Elaaden looking for Scav sites and Remnant enclaves to smash.

The person that designed these no waypoint tasks needs to die in a structure fire.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

I have no idea how Bioware came to the conclusion that Jaal's sexuality is "fluid."  He's told two stories now where he's pined over a female Angaran and the Angaran ladies near the Tavertaan cannot wait to bang the guy.  Peebee also wants a taste, it seems.  Bioware should've just patched it so that you could proposition that gay human engineer at the Nexus that Gil dumped.  At least it would've been a hook-up that had some logic to it.  That guy, Reyes the Omnisexual Charlatan, and Gil is your Gay Scott homoerotic trifecta.

Many really wanted a gay romance with Jaal, especially since many of them were expecting it. I can't even recall why. It might have been one of those things they cut out originally.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well, I'm not so much worried about figuring out how to earn Support points as I am trying to discover out how to quickly advance in the challenges for the more passive powers like Stealth Grid, Barricade, and Shield Boost.

I spam Shield Boost and Stealth Grid during Hacks and Uploads when the squad is bunkered down and I always follow the player working on Devices so that I can pop Stealth Grid and cloak us both while he's working or buff his Shields with Shield Boost.

I could probably stand to use Barricade more often, though.

You get 20 points for each time you use Stealth Grid or Shield Boost, for each player affected. Which is why people Shield Boost you between waves while you're getting ammo. Barricade, you get points every few seconds if someone's hiding behind it, but I never got anywhere with it until it was rank 6 and did electrocution damage. Then I'd solo Bronzes, and run around the map dropping Barricades on enemies' toes,then watch them slowly roast to death.

On playing by myself for the first time in a while, and it's damn hard to find teammates. It took me about 10 minutes to find a second for a silver strike team. Once you start, you can generally find people to join, but I wasn't looking forward to trying to solo a silver Remnant strike team. So I waited and waited.

That silver strike team was the first time in days I felt like I was operating at a decent level. Teammates were kinda spongy, I was saving them and taking out Destroyers and doing my thing. I usually feel about a step off, due to rust.

I'm gonna have to edit this post in a few minutes to liveblog my disappointment pack. I will get the Human Juggernaut X, that's a virtual guarantee. Also guaranteed is the rest of the pack will be worthless, except for maybe an RPG.

EDIT: Sure enough:

Human Juggernaut X (fine)

Talon Bulwark IX (won't use it, don't care)

Biotic Power Amp II (don't really use biotic characters)

Experience Enhancer I (yawn)

First Aid pack.

So I got an upgrade for a character I sorta like and a first aid pack for 100,000 credits. That's better than I usually do.

DOUBLE EDIT: Just had my funniest experience playing this game yet. Daily challenge map was Firebase Zero, so I put it on that map, Gold Outlaw. Guy with the name "BronxBorn" joins. Given his name, what happened next will hardly surprise you. In his best cliche New Yawk accent, he calls me a pussy and a fucking fag over the game chat for changing the map from "Random" to "Firebase Zero" after getting him on board, and that's a pussy map, etc. Problem was, I needed it for my daily, so it was on Zero the whole time.

So he leaves. Whatever. Me and another guy starts. We get a third, a guy who was AFK the entire fucking game. We get a fourth - BronxBorn. Dr. Stout immediately puts him on the DNR list. So he proceeds to not surprise me at all by getting killed 2200 times and taking the only other guy's time to revive him while I ignored him. Meanwhile, I'm having a tough time and have used all but 1 revive by the middle of wave 5. Ut oh. So now I have to count on them to revive me. I die, sit there, and ol' Bronx Boy revives me. So I take him off the list. Of course, I ended up dying with seconds left in extraction and not being able to revive after I used my last one when no one could get to me. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, AxB said:

You get 20 points for each time you use Stealth Grid or Shield Boost, for each player affected. Which is why people Shield Boost you between waves while you're getting ammo. Barricade, you get points every few seconds if someone's hiding behind it, but I never got anywhere with it until it was rank 6 and did electrocution damage. Then I'd solo Bronzes, and run around the map dropping Barricades on enemies' toes,then watch them slowly roast to death.

Yeah, Barricade wasn't worth squat until Rank 6.  Now I drop them right in front of Destroyers to short out their shields or set up one in the path of any charging warbeasts so that I can light them up with Energy Drain and let the shock field from the Barricade do the rest.

History is about avoiding old mistakes by making new ones.

• I gave Morda the Remnant Drive Core and now the new Initiative colony on Elaaden sits right on the edge of the sinkhole near New Tuchanka.  The Krogan have always gotten a raw deal in the lore and I am probably their number two proponent right behind Rippa.  So why did I think that I just gave Pyongyang a nuke and built Seoul within optimum targeting range?  Why was SAM all "You know this is how it happened last time..." over my private channel?
  • Ultimately, the "Fuck Tann" dialogue response made me feel like I made the right decision.  Also Drack was pretty happy with the outcome and Addison was uncharacteristically not bitchy and rather optimistic.
  • The fight to recover the Drive Core was ridiculously easy.  The discussions here about how to make the Salararian Operator not suck in Multiplayer led to me re-evaluating and respeccing Peebee and now Invasion makes her one of my more lethal teammates.  I think she cleared out 80% of the Outlaw redbars in the hideout by herself by making their vac-suits explode.
  • Volatile is a wrap.  Making shuttles blow up on their launch pads never gets old.
  • Also dealt with the Infection task. Contained the radiation leak  Thrilled that I did not have to deal with another epidemic.
  • The firefight at the Flophouse was fucking awesome.  I nearly died twice doing the optional part of the quest aka unlocking the security bunker, but getting extra Milky Way Research Points is always worth the risk.
  • Paradise's water supply is under new management.  I knew that Angaran biddy was shady.  The downside being that I have made an eternal enemy of the only Angaran biotic in the cluster and apparently she has a lot of Scavenger henchmen at her beck and call.
  • Crisis Response was a weird task.  Why the fuck do I need to call you guys a shuttle from the Nexus to come and retrieve all of you? Why don't you just get back to the station by taking the fucking Kodiak that the Outlaws arrived in?  It's right there and it appears to be in good working order..
  • I fucked around and attacked a camp on Drack's request and discovered another no waypoint fetchit.  Now I have to hunt down this gang leader named Little Mouse.  I hate my life.
  • Some of these tasks have ass backwards mission prompts.  I smoked the gang of this dude name Axius and discovered a shuttle component in storage and then I found the person that needed it.  I gave her the actuator so that she could repair her ship and completed the task... and then ran into the camp of the gang that she initially sold the part to, who in turn had the part stolen from them by Axius.  WHAT~??
  • Scott is parked in the vid-conference room of the new colony.  Now I get to murder me another Architect and collect Data Core Number Eight Of Nine!  After that, we will head to Aya for this last supply fetchit with the Turian pilot, check to see if Scott can finally hook up with Avela, and then we will go and investigate the whereabouts of Ark Natanus. 
  • I should also have an e-mail from Keri waiting for me at my comms console onboard the Tempest.
  • I am now Level 56 with a few points to go before getting 57.  My Infiltrator Profile is Rank 6 and my Soldier Profile is Rank 5.  I think my Engineer profile is Rank 4 and the others that depend on points in Biotics are lagging behind.  I'll shore them up after I get Soldier and Engineer up to 6.

MP is still MP.  I think most of my Commons are XX now or close to it and I am closing in on a 20K APEX Rating. 

I only have to beat the Barricade challenge to get Combat Mastery Gold, so I am going to lean on my Human Sentinels until it hurts and use Barricade as often as humanly possible.  That will have the added benefit of boosting my EXP in the Health & Shield Regeneration Rate Bonus Stat, which is lagging a bit behind the others.

16 hours ago, jstout said:

Talon Bulwark IX (won't use it, don't care)

Yeah, I've noticed that the Bulwark weapons are nigh useless in any matches other than Gold or Platinum ones if they take place on a map where holding down a good defensible section of the map is key to victory, and I don't play enough Platinum to really care about that.

In Bronzes and Silvers, players dash around too much for the Bulwark buff to really be of any benefit, unless there is a Hack or something going on.

Even then, you can't count on all members of your squad to participate in the Hack.  That shit is infuriating.  I usually let players that don't defend the Hack Zone bleed out if they get dropped and don't revive themselves.

Also forgot to mention that I received a big enough bump in AVP to unlock the perk that gives me an extra Augmentation slot for my crafted shit.  Maybe now I will finally able to keep pace in the Health Points / Shield Points departments with my squaddies after I load my armor up with Redbar and Bluebar boosters?

I've also collected enough Double Mod Slot augmentations so that I can craft a full load out of weapons that will be able to equip three or four mods.  Now I have to R&D myself an N7 Crusader or an N7 Valkyrie and remember to craft my weapon load-outs from here on out and shred Pathfinder Reward loot for the raw materials.

30 minutes ago, jstout said:

If you have someone who can cloak, you're playing hacks wrong. Let the person who can cloak handle it while the rest of the team stays far away, drawing the heat off the hack area.

Hacks are usually the time when my Engineers and Biotics score the most points off of enemies that players prime for my detonators.  I've had better luck with Hacks when the team sticks close together, especially when you have a crew that is not stingy when it comes to Cobras.

Uploads? Yeah, that works best when one stealth guy can hold down an upload zone by themselves while the others draw the full attention of the enemies on the map to another upload zone.

Devices are also the challenge wave where a stealth guy can shine since they can go from location to location undetected and not depend on cover fire during the disarm.

Salarian Infiltrator is now at 20, so I'm now down to the Batarian Vanguard.  I've still got about 15 drops to go to get the Scrapper and Juggernaut to XX.  After that, I'll have all the characters at XX outside of the ultra rares.

I've come to the realization that I don't really have much in the way of future drops that I give a shit about.  The only ultra rare characters I'll probably ever use again are the Avenger and Batarian Vanguard.  Only guns I really care about are the Piranha and Hurricane, and maybe the Black Widow.  Other than that, drops are gonna be a whole bunch of nothing from here on out.

Forgot to mention - ran two golds on the pussy map for the dailies with three randoms.  Had a good bunch for once.  Couldn't outscore 40 oz, but I did manage to beat Wasted Nate.

The team sticking together during hacks is a magnet for enemies, though, at a time when you want to get the thing over with without dealing with a bunch of resistance.

Even when I'm not playing a cloaking character, we'll tend to spread out a touch so we can intercept anything trying to come into the hack from a little farther off before it actually gets there. If something makes it through, then one person is in the hack, of course, to deal with it or the outside person simply takes a few steps back inside and clears the hack again.

I had 94,000 credits last night and decided I wanted one more disappointment pack before bed, so I played a gold with three randoms. Went fine. So after it was over, I got some kind of server error on the loading screen and got screwed out of my pay. Of course, I still had to replace the two revives I used. Fuckin' game.

15 hours ago, jstout said:

The team sticking together during hacks is a magnet for enemies, though, at a time when you want to get the thing over with without dealing with a bunch of resistance.

Not really a problem for me in Bronze or Silver now that the majority of my characters aren't crap.  Only gets to be an issue in Gold when bosses are bearing down on you and people start getting cheap about using RPGs.

72% Complete...  Getting there is NOT half of the fun.  Fucking EA...

• Yeah, fuck that patch that supposedly fixed Little Mouse.  Every time I found a new datapad to interact with, it either was a kill order from the former owner of Paradise or it was about Little Mouse and didn't advance the mission.   I had to work the glitch where you find a no waypoint plot item. use it, drive away, reload your game, and go back to the spot where you found it to use it again. Once I read the last datapad and got the waypoint, it led to a container that I had already looted while going to install the news feed tower.  I got EXP credit retro completion of the task, and I called it fair dinkum.  Fuck that task.
  • As mentioned before, all of the outposts now have news feed QECs.  Another task bites the dust.
  • Ionic filters purchased for Elaaden.  All Aya supply fetchits completed.
  • Encountered the random task with the unstable Remnant data cores on Elaaden.  Peebee went apeshit the entire time.  THEY'RE GONNA BLOW~!  Glad it wasn't a clocked mission because I took my sweet time getting to the Remnant Enclaves because I was determined to find those Little Mouse datapads.
  • All Memory Triggers found.  What the fuck is up with this added security bullshit?
  • The Turians have a new Pathfinder.  Now we have 15,000 more mouths to feed.
  • No e-mail from Keri.  Damn.
  • IT'S A BOY~!  Liam going all "I don't no nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies," during the firefight with the Kett on Voeld was fucking hilarious.  Mother, Father, and baby David are doing well and resting at Prodromos.
  • Had enough AVP to buy the Augmentation Slot +1 perk.
  • Disabled the Elaaden Architect and got a PHAT~! Fusion Mod of Tech Damage.  Perfect for my Infiltrator.  Now I have to invest AVP in the perk that blunts the Fusion Mod penalties.  More importantly..  DATA CORE NUMBER EIGHT OF NINE~!
  • I'm parked in orbit around a planet near the Kett Flagship, so that is where I start tonight.  I'll get done as much as I can before the weekend where playtime is limited unless me and my boo get into an argument and she storms downstairs to watch OWN.  Sometimes it works out for the better 'cause I can get in some added trigger time, but I try not to do it too often lest it lead to added appeasement chores or babysitting on an evening when there is a UFC Fight Night card on.

I am ranked 1001 globally in the CR rankings... ONE THOUSAND AND ONE~!  Why,, God?  Why didn't that stupid Sweeper AR challenge put me over?  I am about 100 points away from a 20K+ APEX ranking so that's all good.  I'll deal with the Weekend APEX Challenge when I get home from work and buy whatever mods are available for me and then I will dive back into Campaign Mode until 8PM when the new DCs are up.

Barricade is 78% done, so it will be all Human Sentinels all the time until I beat Combat Mastery Gold.  That will definitely put me past the 1000 mark globally for Challenge Rating.

If I recall correctly - the "added security" is because you have to reach a certain point in the game before the final memory.

These two questions are basically attached to each other but...

Have you found all the arks?

Has Sara Ryder woken up yet?

If the answer to either is NO - then you have to wait

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If I recall correctly - the "added security" is because you have to reach a certain point in the game before the final memory.

These two questions are basically attached to each other but...

Have you found all the arks?

Has Sara Ryder woken up yet?

If the answer to either is NO - then you have to wait

I've rescued the Asari ark and located the Turian ark / offloaded the stasis pods and the Asari and Turians now have new Pathfinders representing them..

Only the Salarian ark is left.

Nope, my older sister is still in a coma.

The remaining tasks in my alternate queues are either ON HOLD or can't be advanced yet (Data Core 9 of 9), so my only option is to press on with the Priority Ops mission; Hunting The Archon.

Yup - that's why.

Finishing Hunting The Archon will get you super close to the final memory

You are also going to be super cranky at the choice you have to make during the mission (though again - no DLC or sequels really really kills the suspense in making the decision)

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yup - that's why.

Finishing Hunting The Archon will get you super close to the final memory

You are also going to be super cranky at the choice you have to make during the mission (though again - no DLC or sequels really really kills the suspense in making the decision)

I'm annoyed with about half of my decisions so far..

If I'd have known that Evfra and half of the Angaran population were going to be blasé about me saving that dumbass Angaran that messed with Voeld HAL, I'd have let that fucker die in a jiggling heap, sent a sympathy card to his family, recovered the quantum computer tower, and gifted the AI to the Angarans.

That's probably the call I'd have made if Jaal hadn't been on my squad looking at me and going, "Well, aren't you going to save his punk ass?"

Hard to shake the hypocrisy of my decision to hand over the Data Core to the Krogan and set them on the path to advancement while also choosing to destroy Voeld HAL and denying the Angarans that same opportunity.

No one but me worries about that kind of shit, though.

I'm sure that if there had been DLC, letting Advent drill for natural gas would've also come back to haunt me.

The e-mail I got from the Angaran dude's wife thanking me for saving his life tends reassures me that I made the right call.  That and Voeld HAL was fucking crazy like her nickname namesake.

Considering you didn't want the weird space rock on your ship - letting the weird Ancient AI live would have been even greater hypocrisy.

Oh yeah - doing the natural gas choice is probably the one decision I am happy that I wont have a sequel to find out what a dumbass I was

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Considering you didn't want the weird space rock on your ship - letting the weird Ancient AI live would have been even greater hypocrisy.

Oh yeah - doing the natural gas choice is probably the one decision I am happy that I wont have a sequel to find out what a dumbass I was

I've watched enough Hollywood crazy computer movies to know that allowing that AI to merge with SAM or letting the Angarans hook it up to something was a horrible idea.

And there was no way I was going to put a space rock that doubled as a psycho Adhi magnet anywhere on the Nexus so that I'd have to deal with 28 Days Later:  Andromeda Edition at a later date.... if there had been any DLC.

If I had made Prodromos a military base, I'd probably have gone the "Fuck Advent" route and chose to drill for water.

Giving the Data Core to the Krogan was a no brainer.  We owed them and the debt was paid.  If Advent had gone apeshit, I'd have mobilized New Tuchanka on their asses.

I'm enjoying JT agonizing over decisions that will mostly never have any noticeable consequences.

Played just enough to run waves daily yesterday.  Screw 35000 tech points.  Last run was with the #8 guy overall on xbox.  He was useless.  Sat on the roof, didn't help with devices/targets/etc.  Also managed to die a bunch, somehow.  Didn't bother trying to get there to revive.

25 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I'm enjoying JT agonizing over decisions that will mostly never have any noticeable consequences.

I've played so many Bioware games that it is hard to deprogram myself not to care.

Every time I go back to Eos, I am like "Okay, are we going to reclaim Sites 1 and 2 or what?"

25 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Played just enough to run waves daily yesterday.  Screw 35000 tech points.

Tech Mastery DC is the easiest of the three.  Set the match to Bronze and run with either of the Human Engineers or the Krogan Engineer.

Generate your power combos like you normally would and soften things up with your guns just enough to allow the Assault Turret to get the killshots.  Easy.

When the Tech Mastery DC comes up, I usually solo Bronzes with my Krogineer and I can beat challenge in two matches.

Sometimes I have like 2% of the challenge left to complete after two Bronze solos and then I finish up with either the Salarian Architect or Angaran Exemplar in an open match.

Combat Mastery DCs can eat a bag of dicks, though.

In the coming months, we’re introducing three new character kits to Mass Effect: Andromeda’s multiplayer. We’ll also continue to introduce challenging new weekly APEX missions that play to the strengths of these new kits and abilities.

In October, the Human Artificer joins APEX. This genius programmer in a suit of Remnant Tech Armor is a highly-capable support character. Invasion and Cryobeam weaken and disable enemies, while the Remnant VI adds DPS and opportunities for combo detonations.

We’re also adding a new assault rifle to the weapon pool—the Sovoa. This semi-automatic rifle fires energy blasts that cause a shockwave-like explosion upon impact. The elegance of the single-beam blast matches the rifle's sleek design. The Sovoa, translated to "lights out," is the first weapon developed by Taravay Industries, a new manufacturer co-founded by angara and turians. A product of two galaxies, the rifle combines Milky Way kinetic coils with angaran explosives.

In November, the Human Commando and Guardian join the fray. The Commando wields a combination of biotic and combat abilities to devastating effect. Capable of dealing high-level biotic damage, the Commando can also disable groups of enemies with Warp and Singularity before finishing them off with a Turbocharge volley.

The Guardian is a defensive powerhouse, whose tools are designed to keep him and his teammates alive. With Shield Boost and Backlash to shore up defenses, he can also disable enemies and create combos with Warp.

While there are no planned patches, our team is continuing to look into quality-of-life requests from our players. We’ll also have more opportunities for you to get APEX elite packs, including a special N7 Day mission.

Stay tuned to our channels for more information when those missions go live.

https://www.masseffect.com/news/mass-effect-andromeda-whats-coming-in-multiplayer