DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

FUCK RESOURCES FOR ANDROMEDA!!!

PEOPLE THOUGHT IT WAS UGLY SO FUCK THE SERIES!!!

NOW WE HAVE MONEY FOR CORN MAZES!!!!

Maybe this is in line with the official excuse because really, how much does a fucking corn maze actually cost? 

Not as expensive as paying Bioware Montreal devs to code patches or bringing voice over folks back in for audio sessions for the dialogue tracks in the DLC, right?.

I am glad that you cannot accidentally kill friendly NPCs because I wish I had a dime for every time I nearly crushed someone en route to a waypoint via turbo boost only to go flying over the edge of a cliff and drop hundreds of meters into the middle of a friendly encampment..

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I am glad that you cannot accidentally kill friendly NPCs because I wish I had a dime for every time I nearly crushed someone en route to a waypoint via turbo boost only to go flying over the edge of a cliff and drop hundreds of meters into the middle of a friendly encampment..

You mean you don't do that on purpose?  I've spent way too much time trying to run over settlers.

• Like 1

Tree-mendous.

Got to play three games this afternoon with the No. 5 guy on the XBox APEX rankings (40,000-plus). That was fun.

We kept doing a gold remnant APEX mission with weakened strike teams, but by the third one, I didn't even have to use a first aid or revive.

It was three of us who had that shit and one who drug behind, but since it was just one, it was easy to keep up with reviving him.

Good times. I'm usually on constantly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays - getting the avenger to X has become an obsession I need to back away from, but I just don't.

I didn't get to play any Campaign Mode last night. 

My folks got upgraded equipment (finally) from Xfinity including a brand new router that replaces the one that should've been replaced years ago.  Naturally I had to install everything.

What my parents thought were telemarketers were Xfinity service technicians begging them to turn in their ancient cable boxes.

My dad basked in the glow of new HD in the room where I normally eke out my afternoons getting rid of the scum of the galaxy, so I chilled in the Florida Room and got caught up on Game of Thrones and watched Morgan on demand.

On the plus side, my folks FINALLY seem to have a wireless router that doesn't need constant open NAT setting adjustments..

I got online around 10PM last night after dad went to bed, knocked out the Outlaw Mastery / Firebase Derelict daily challenges and then I went to bed myself after buying a few packs and getting my APEX rating up to nearly 10,900.

Hopefully I will get online earlier than I did yesterday to roll with dudes in co-op, but I really do need to stop screwing around and get Scott's ass to Hijara.

15 hours ago, jstout said:

Good times. I'm usually on constantly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays - getting the avenger to X has become an obsession I need to back away from, but I just don't.

My Avenger, Katana, Predator, and Viper are all X.

The game infuriates me by refusing to give me the fucking Carnifax heavy pistol.  I will get Hesh and Phalanx upgrades in Expert Packs, but no Carnifax.

I buy Reserve packs (greater chance of characters) and get nothing but rare guns and rare gun variants now that I've got all the rare characters up to XX. Premium packs would give me a better chance at an N7, but would also increase the chance that the N7s I do get are guns instead of characters. I could do fine never getting another gun, don't shoot them enough to care.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jstout said:

I buy Reserve packs (greater chance of characters)..

Yep, this is my plan to get my roster members up to XX and backfill weapon upgrades as they come.

Nearly time for me to roll outta here.  Hopefully I'll be online between 6PM and 7PM EST.

God, why is grindy Voeld so grindy?

• Hey, we're on the way to deliver these medical supplies. Oh, look! We must help defend against this Kett ambush. Oh, it's not a Kett ambush; it is an Angaran counter ambush!
  • No, SAM, we will not be transporting the radioactive insane Adhi magnet rock back to the Nexus for further study.
  • Hey, can you find our missing scientists?  Sure, we'll keep an eye out for them while we're looking for this fucking missing Angaran demolitions expert that may have blown herself up! 
  • How the fuck did these Intiative scientists go missing so quickly anyway?  We just got set up on this fucking iceball.
  • Can you help me find the cloaked Wraith? Oh and by the way, we need you to attack this Kett prison camp and free our captured compatriots!

And I still need to hit rocks for science and earn my badge....

MP with Stout and Rippa last night was pretty fun.   Got my APEX rating above 11K and am only 4K shy of catching up with the Night Shift guys! 

Overachieving fuckers...

Stout and I tore through a Gold APEX match in near record time with a couple of players with XX characters.  The Silver match we had later on under normal stips seemed harder than this one.. 

I tried to get my new Friends List home girl into a match with us but she's embarrassed about being green as grass and wanted to get a few more Bronze matches with randos under her belt so she can gain more map familiarity and doesn't have to be carried so much.

I had enough creds at the end of the night to push some of my Commons up to IX and my Human Female Adept is up to X now.  One rank away from VETERAN BENEFITS~!

I beat the 14 Waves on Firebase Sandstorm Daily Challenge this morning along with the Bronze APEX mission that was thankfully on the same map.  The Combat Mastery DC can go fuck itself.

I bit the bullet and recruited another APEX strike team so I'm up to five squads now.  The new team, Quebec, is a House Nakmor death squad.  Now I have to hit up the APEX app on my phone and rename these guys.

You really have watched far too many horror movies

There are zero negative consequences for taking the meteorite onto the ship (especially with no sequel)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

You really have watched far too many horror movies.

There are zero negative consequences for taking the meteorite onto the ship (especially with no sequel)

Bah.  Even on face value it is still a horrible suggestion.

The scientists at the outpost I've established (or the missing ones I find later if they are not already dead) and the research team at Hijara can come and study the fucking rock here on Ice Planet Zero after I've wiped the Kett off the face of the planet.

This is why we have futuristic shit like YMIR mechs and satellites and quantum entanglement communicators.

Oh, and I totally forgot to mention the fucking Outlaw poacher mercs hired by the crazy Angaran doctor that I had to deal with and the dead Angaran I found on the tundra whose family I now feel compelled to notify that he's dead.

I've still got one more Memory Trigger left to track down on Voeld, a radio relay station to establish for NNS, and IIRC, once the climate is more stable, I also have to get brewing ingredients from this planet for the bartender asshole back on the Nexus.

Grindy game is fucking grindy!

When the meteorite goes south - Ryder is going to be tasked with fixing it.

I would rather have it close at hand than go freeze my ass off on Voeld again.

Fucking vault not making it toasty warm

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

When the meteorite goes south - Ryder is going to be tasked with fixing it.

I would rather have it close at hand than go freeze my ass off on Voeld again.

Oh, I will fix the rock, alright. 

By driving back to where I left it on Voeld and blowing it the fuck up with a Cobra.

I may have seen too many horror movies, but at least they gave me enough common sense to know that taking the insanity inducing meteorite to a fucking space station full of people is a really bad idea.

The only good that will come of that is being forced to shoot Number Eight and Addison in the head after they turn into rage zombies..

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Fucking vault not making it toasty warm

Yeah, for a planet that is now 98% viable.  I sure do spend a lot of time at Forward Stations recovering the fucking Life Support levels on my hardsuit because of the Level 1 and Level 2 Cold Hazards.

I'm also happy that I'm finally rumbling with more Outlaw enemies so I can eventually stop fucking scanning bad guys for APEX's scouting report during gun battles and get back to returning hostile fire.

I hate sorting through my locked achievements sometimes.  When I get to the part where I have to choose between the Salarian Pathfinder and the Krogan scouts, I am going to be angry, aren't I?

Who flies the ship after I ventilate Kallo's skull? Dr. Anwar?

So I am saving the Salarian Pathfinder then and leaving the Krogan scouts to die?

That is total bullshit.

At some point It will be Virmire all over again, won't it, with the enemy being helped by angry Krogans and my only allies being spindly limbed amphibian humanoids with barely a thirty year life span and questionable courage?

Cora will have to shoot Drack after the fighting is over when he tries to kill me for making a horrible decision, won't she?

How long will I weep?

Or you know choose to not save the Salarian Pathfinder who has other well solid replacements. It makes more sense to save the scouts. Others just wanted a Salarian female around, at least one of the original Pathfinders around, and/or were just tired of doing shit for Krogans.