DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Because i dont have the patience to sit and wait for randoms to join before starting. 

You would always fiddle with your phone or your tablet during ME3 or GTA multiplayer.

What is to keep you from doing the same thing while you are waiting for your party slots to get filled?

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Is it?  We all know that it is highly likely that Aaryn Flynn didn't just step down on his own.  He got his ass canned over the handling of Andromeda and was given the dignified option of backing out gracefully

His is the severed head offered as appeasement to an angry mob that pretty much clues in everyone that Kotaku is right and DLC is not coming down the pike despite EA not committing one way or the other.

Furthermore, If you're a company that brings back the guy that got you the glory in the first place aka a name the Mass Effect faithful know, trust, and almost revere as a demigod, the shit with Anthem's development is far worse than it may appear.

Hudson is there to right the ship and keep the ME customer base engaged with the new IP.  Or at least that's my theory.

I get it as far as Flynn being ousted for Andromeda. I just don't see how Hudson's hiring is a sign of development problems with Anthem.

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I get it as far as Flynn being ousted for Andromeda. I just don't see how Hudson's hiring is a sign of development problems with Anthem.

I don't think Hudson's there so much for dev issues as he is as a token to Bioware / EA fans to reassure them that the company has their head screwed on straight. A reminder of past glory coming to the present.

Given the roll out of Andromeda, it wouldn't surprise me if Anthem was a very ugly baby at birth and it took three or four patches to get it straight.  Bioware Montreal wouldn't have been wiped out and redeployed to work on Anthem if there weren't significant hurdles on the road to store shelves.

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I don't think Hudson's there so much for dev issues as he is as a token to Bioware / EA fans to reassure them that the company has their head screwed on straight. A reminder of past glory coming to the present.

Given the roll out of Andromeda, it wouldn't surprise me if Anthem was a very ugly baby at birth and it took three or four patches to get it straight.  Bioware Montreal wouldn't have been wiped out and redeployed to work on Anthem if there weren't significant hurdles on the road to store shelves.

Except they would have. Bioware Montreal is a support studio from what I understand. They were always going to be broken away to some extent post Andromeda. It was just more severe because of Andromeda's failings.

You know all eyes are going to be on Anthem from the start to see if Bioware-EA can recover from the sin of putting out a perfectly fine, though flawed, game.

And Dragon, you get your ass back to Andromeda. Less randoms, more talented players equals happier Stout. We have critters to dominate.

• Like 1

I'm gonna be around for awhile yet.  I have zero desire to ever play Destiny related.  To the point where I might avoid Anthem just because of the comparisons.  Dunno if I'll make it all the way to Red Dead just on MEA, but we'll see.  The game loses some its charm if I don't have my fellow miscreants along to laugh at stupid shit.  Gonna try to be on some tonight, but we'll see.  Hardly been on in a week due to life.

• Like 1

Well, y'all go, then. And I don't need this stuff and I don't need you. I don't need anything. Except this. And that's the only thing I need is this. I don't need this or this, just this ashtray and this paddle game ...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

No one ever seems to be on anymore when I'm on

Between going back to Skyrim and Destiny 2 soon - I might be done

My current project has me working insane hours.  It will level off the first week of August, but then I'm back on graveyard from the 21st of August to Labor Day.

I didn't get to play much Campaign Mode last night.  I managed to get the right combination of consoles to access the pillar to the Remnant Data Core. 

Now I have to deactivate the force field protecting the murder bubble escape treasure room and find the fucking glyphs for the Remnant Sudoku puzzle and access the console that I haven't found yet.

Why can't the vaults all have the same layout as the one on Havarl?  So easy to navigate even on x, y, and z axis.

I knocked out the Bronze APEX mission this morning.  My rating is finally over 10K.

One of my DARPA peeps on my Friends List is in the Destiny 2 Beta.  She likes the open world stuff but she hates the PvP.

13 hours ago, jstout said:

Damn quitters. Did Tully Blanchard quit against Magnum TA? Come on!

12 hours ago, El Dragon said:

... yes. Yes he did. I just watched the match yesterday. 

It saddens me that Stout's sarcasm is not appreciated.

• Like 2

When playing a vanguard I constantly press the charge button as if im shooting a gun. If an enemy gets in the screen I boost across the map. 

Now robert he will steal kills and laugh about it. Its what he plays for. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jstout said:

Well, y'all go, then. And I don't need this stuff and I don't need you. I don't need anything. Except this. And that's the only thing I need is this. I don't need this or this, just this ashtray and this paddle game ...

And sea rug, gotta have sea rug. 

• Like 2

Sea Rug, Bob and That's Amore.

I was on public chat today giving a youngun some tips on playing the Avenger, and it was One Life to Live and I died twice. Bet he was thinking "try staying alive before dishing out advice."

Never got to tell him the Avenger is like the Kroguard - if you shoot a gun at all, you're not playing it right.

Actually, I do use a gun to try to wipe out the Ascendant's Orb. But that's it.

• Like 1

Apex packs are back.  Just gotta do into the ruins on silver.  I hopped on for a few minutes and joined three terrible randoms on wave 4.  They died a bunch.  I got tired of reviving em, so they stayed dead after a while.  Didn't really matter much either way.

• Like 1

I didn't play much Campaign Mode last night as there is a lot of multiplayer stuff to do on Thursdays and I prefer to knock it out before the weekend when gameplay will be limited. 

I'd also like to find a really good YouTube video that gives me a decent tutorial for the Voeld Vault so I'm not spinning my wheels in there for hours on end. 

I ran the Ruins map with my Level 14 Female Human Engineer VII and I had Disruptor Ammo and a Pistol Damage mod for my Hornet.  It was a cake walk for me. 

Not so much for the horrible rando that insisted on running a Silver APEX with a Level 4 Vanguard I.  He died a lot.  No one revived him when he'd Charge out into a pack of Assemblers and died immediately. 

The only time we bothered protecting him was on Extraction because we wanted the full bonus.

I opened my APEX pack and I got upgrades to the N7 Valiant and N7 Hurricane that I rarely use.  Yay!

It looks like the stealth patch permanently gave us APEX packs, but the cred cost is so high that the obvious conclusion to draw is that the easiest way to buy them is via Andromeda Dollars purchased with real money.

If EA wanted to get some extra revenue from micro-transactions, this shit should've been in the game ages ago.

I switched to my Level 15 Male Human Engineer VI and knocked out the Silver mission on the new map; Firebase Nimbus.  I like the layout a lot.  The One Life To Live stip made for brutal Challenge Waves, but we all made it out on the Kodiak.  Finally filled the Node in Tech Mastery (Silver) for Overload Damage.

I did two straight runs of Firebase Paradox on Gold to help my DARPA homegirl level up her lowbie and knock out the new Daily Challenges, and the Lords of RND gifted my generosity with an Angaran Exemplar. 

My APEX roster is now complete until the next patch adds a new character.  I feel like the kid that finally found Zartan at a Toys R Us and completed his GI Joe collection after months of searching and saving up allowance money..

I ran the AE this morning with the new Bronze APEX mission (Pistol Skirmish).  I like the Electrical Offense gimmick at least as far as Multiplayer goes, but I still favor Cryo Beam / Energy Drain in Campaign Mode.

I was on starting at about 1 a.m. after a long night at work.

I had these 3 randoms last night, all of them over 10,000 APEX, one higher than me at 20,000, all playing level 20 characters in gold. I thought "we got this shit" until we started playing and it was obvious we didn't.

They proceeded to get killed one after the other at a frightening pace. I felt like sitting them down like kids at one point and saying "Uncle Stout has to get these devices. You be good and stay here and revive each other until I get back."

• Like 1

Why are you guys online when I am not?

The Voeld Vault is now a wrap.  I couldn't find a good playthrough vid so I winged it and eventually found the console combinations to access the RemTech vault and the Data Core.  I solved the decryption puzzle on my own, but I have no idea what it unlocked. 

Whatever it was, it wasn't co-located with the puzzle console because I couldn't find anything to interact with once I solved the puzzle.  I didn't need to solve the puzzle to access the RemTech chest nor did I need it to access the data core.

I was a little disappointed.  The puzzle in the vault was a lot easier to solve than the ones at the monoliths. 

I was happy that I didn't need to hunt for any glyphs in order to solve the puzzle, or maybe I already added them to my library when I scanned the data patterns near the console I used to access the RemTech vault? 

I am not really concerned with being unable to find loot chests as long as I continue to solve puzzles and acquire the data cores for the Achievements I want to unlock and the Additional Tasks I want to complete.

My outpost on Voeld is established and now I can run around and knock out the Additional Task waypoints before moving on to Kadara.  I'll start off by helping out the scientists at the Angara research station, Hijara, and then I'll branch out from there.

I've noticed that other players have had problems establishing an outpost on Voeld even with 98% viability rates.  Mine is around 60%, but I was able to activate the settlement beacon. 

I think their issue came from activating the vault without doing the legwork required to earn Evfra's trust (ie. dealing with the Exaltation Facility or helping the researchers on Havarl).

The tasks in the game are not linear, but there is definitely a specific order to things.

On the multiplayer front:

Now that I have all of the current APEX characters, I'm buying Expert and Reserve packs to backfill my arsenal.  I unlocked the Avenger S assault rifle and the N7 Crusader slug thrower this morning after finishing the Bronze APEX mission.  My APEX rating is now a little over 10.5K.

I bought the Targeting VI mod and put it on my Male Human Infiltrator who is using the Widow III right now.  It seems to perform better with single shot and low ROF weapons than the high ROF ones, so I've also armed my HMI with Phalanx for his sidearm. 

The mod is also slightly more versatile than the Guerilla Package (buffs SR and Pistol base damage only), with the obvious trade-off being that damage buff for the Targeting VI mod only applies to weak points. Any shot shy of the mark only does the weapon's base damage + skill perk modifiers.

I will probably never use the Densified Ammo mod since I have several mods like the Warfighter Package and the Commando Package that boost weapon damage and power damage at the same time.

I knocked out the 14 Waves on Firebase Derelict this morning but I still have a Gold Waves daily challenge left to go, so hit me up if you see me online this evening.

I keep looking at the Platinum APEX missions that reappear on my queue and contemplate joining in someone else's match, but then I say to myself, "I already successfully extracted out of that shit once," and reevaluate that box on my ME bucket list to be checked off.

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am even angrier now.

1. Is this a fucking parody or is this legit?
  2. Corn?  Seriously? Fucking corn?
  3. "We've been doing this for seventeen years,  This is our seventeenth year.. "  This bullshit may become my new sig.
  4. I have learned to hate a lot of the things that Neal gets excited about.