DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

So for those of us keeping score, the posts in EA / Bioware's Twitter feed by Sinclair Networks about campaign mode content plans being scrapped were proven to be hoaxes, but EA is still neither confirming nor denying that there will be any single-player DLC for ME: Andromeda.

Their official line is, "We have no new information about that subject at this time."

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

So for those of us keeping score, the posts in EA / Bioware's Twitter feed by Sinclair Networks about campaign mode content plans being scrapped were proven to be hoaxes, but EA is still neither confirming nor denying that there will be any single-player DLC for ME: Andromeda.

Their official line is, "We have no new information about that subject at this time."

Yeah - the Sinclair stuff was denounced the day after it came out but the very next day was the Kotaku story (which was then backed by Polygon)

And then they dodge the question... which at the this point is pissing me off more than not doing the DLC

New map's out in multiplayer as an APEX mission. It's wide and long, and it's very easy to be shot from who knows were.

One of the new "vests" in the store gives you plus-20 biotic powers and plus-15 melee, making it perfect for the Kroguard.

It's a good thing my poor strike team guys are around to buy shit for me, since Hand Foot and Mouth part 3 has blown my gaming time to shit.  I've managed to run a couple bronzes for the dailies, but that's it.  Still had enough to buy the two vests, along with 5 rare guns.  Nothing I wanted, but at least I got em out of the way.

That new map was fun since I was playing as my Krogard. Me and another where just wrecking shit as we would take team biotic charge everything 

I didnt have long to play today so was trying to do my daily objectives. Started a silver on whichever map against the kett. I made it to wave 4 and died. 3 others joined just as I died. They were getting hammered before they were actually able to move.  I dont know how it turned out my game froze. 0 points against the kett and 0 of 14 waves on the map. 

Started a bronze cleared wave 6 solo. 2 others joined on extraction. I completed my kett points on the one bronze play through. Had to run another with those 2 and another random. Just used pull trying to finish my biotic gold challenge. Dont know how far I got it. Had to turn it off and the grill on. Guess it'll be saturday night next time Im on. Hopefully that new map is still around. 

7 hours ago, jstout said:

One of the new "vests" in the store gives you plus-20 biotic powers and plus-15 melee, making it perfect for the Kroguard.

You're a man after my own heart. I just ran across that vest about five minutes before I signed on here and thought "Can't wait to throw this on my KroGuard."

• Like 1

So even with the melee vest Stout mentioned, a KroGuard is not the character to use when there are 59 fucking Turrets and Destroyers per level on Gold. I basically had to shoot my shitty guns and only charge the occasional red bar thing here and there.

I sucked big ass, but my team did too. I'm going to hear I'M READING A FLATLINE in my damn sleep tonight. 

Edit: I'll be goddamned if we didn't somehow get a full extraction. I ran out of RPGs, revives, and health packs by wave 5, so I am shocked.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That new map was fun since I was playing as my Krogard. Me and another where just wrecking shit as we would take team biotic charge everything 

Yeah, I love the new map.

The Martial Biotic mod is not only perfect for the KroGuard, it is ideal for the sledgehammer swinging  Krogan Gladiator.

Speaking of which, I played my KG on the new map and another player was a KroGuard and we did the Krogan version of the Hart Attack.

I'd pull two or three Outlaws at a time into my Annihilation field and the KroGuard would wait a couple of seconds for the debuff to kick in and then Charge and obliterate the poor assholes I had suspended in mid air.

Powers are dampened in that mission so some enemies survived the Biotic Combo, but not the hammer shots and headbutts that followed.

Love combotastic bronze so the Asari Adept can ride roughshod.

We did the new map with the melee bonus with two Kroguards and two Angaran Avengers. That was fun.

Played with a guy who was great with the kineticist - outlaw were flying everywhere. I just kinda stood there and watched.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jstout said:

Asari Adepts and the two Human Adepts will excel when Combotastic is up since Annihilation and Singularity allows them to prime combos without worrying about enemy defenses like barriers or armor..

Pull only works as a Biotic primer on redbars (unprotected enemies) or bluebars (enemies with full shields) that have their shields depleted.

Singularity cannot capture bluebars or yellowbars (armored enemies), but they will still be damaged if they are inside the radius of the Singularity and you hit it with a detonator.

You've all also noticed by now that Pull and Throw have diminishing returns on power effectiveness if you them on Observers, Ascendants, and Breechers since their default movement ability allows those enemy types to levitate.

Take it with a grain of salt, but the rumor is that there will be new classes available in a future patch that will be able to use Warp and further speculation points to the new class possibly being an ex-Cabal operative (ie. a Turian Biotic like Nyreen Kandros).

I'm excited, but I'll believe it when I see the patch notes.

2 hours ago, jstout said:

We did the new map with the melee bonus with two Kroguards and two Angaran Avengers. That was fun.

Played with a guy who was great with the kineticist - outlaw were flying everywhere. I just kinda stood there and watched.

I'm still surprised I didn't end up in the water during that one.  I figured the Kroguard was custom made to go for a swim there.

Finished up getting the uncommon characters to 20.  I'm gonna try going back to premium packs and see how it goes.

Just got done playing a few before work, and I'm on a (knock on wood) lucky streak of talented, take-no-shit randoms with higher APEX ratings than mine. Even the low guy was more than holding his own, and no one died maybe more than twice doing remnant on gold. Got a "good game" message from one of them afterward, so I'm a good boy. It was assault rifle skirmishes, but I kept my shotgun because I want that 33 percent increase on melee damage more than the 50 percent increase on a gun I shoot once or twice during a match, maybe.

Deal I wanted to make with my teammates this afternoon, who were amazingly competent at two things: dying and being carried by me:

"OK, boys, you run around, die and revive each other while I take care of the important stuff like this Retrieval."

Also, I realize this puts me at 0.2 on the J.T. Andromeda Manliness Scale, but I'm not even bothering to try One Life to Live (no revives) on Gold with randoms. Life's too short. Send out the strike team.

And we've hit another pause in the world's slowest Mass Effect: Andromeda playthrough because my primary gaming TV just decided to die and it will be a few weeks before a new one is acquired.

Christmas is looking like a more realistic goal for finishing this up.

So, I hop into the middle of a random bunch's game, and it's Wave 4. Everyone is in the back of the starbase map when I spawn in.

I proceed to head that way, stopping for some knife-based chats with the unfriendlies along the way, right?

At the end of the wave, I get a message from the host. I figure it was thanks, or welcome to the game, or whatever.

Nope. "If you're going to play solo in a multiplayer game, go play Minecraft."

I proceeded to stick back with everyone else and just dominated Wave 5. The stars were in alignment.

At the end of that wave, I texted "LOL."

Trust me, junior, I got this shit.

• Like 2

Hopped on for a couple matches tonight.  Got kicked from a lobby for the first time.  By the #1 basement dweller.  About 5 seconds after I joined in.  I don't think he likes me.  Maybe he's that guy I killed 90 times in a single GTA session once.

I also had the experience of joining a gold strike team and realizing that the next highest level player in there was a 6.  Add to that, the combined Apex rating of the 3 of em was less than 1000.  I was almost tempted to actually join in, just to see how quickly things went to shit.