DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

25 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I had ridiculous luck with ultra rare drops last night.  I got 4 premium packs, plus the special pack for running that vault mission.  The premium packs netted me 4 ultra-rares:  Rozerad 1, Kineticist 2 & 3, and a fourth that I can't remember. The vault mission pack apparently netted me 2 Krogan Gladiators, as he went straight from 0 to 2.

I am not so much concerned about weapons right now as I am about characters. 

I'd like to unlock the last two members of the APEX roster and then start accumulating more firearms.

It was only logical that my first Disappointment Pack of the night would give me the fucking Kishook Harpoon Gun instead of the Batarian Skirmisher that I want to use that weapon..

Some people on Reddit are going back to the old strategy of buying basic and advanced packs to level their commons up to XX.

One thing I learned reading last night is that you don't get the variants of the weapons (siphon, etc.) until you have that weapon up to X, and the variant at I has the same stats as the regular weapon at X. So you're not losing any power using the variant at I compared to the regular version at X, just gaining whatever bonus comes with the variant.

Yeah - you definitely get the basic characters out of basic packs. Just in buying two I have 4 different XI

I would much rather that then my continued march towards barrel hell

I've gone back to basics for now, at least for the characters.  Not sure what I'll do about weapons.  Bought 5 barrels yesterday with mission funds, but I'm let em build back up for next week, in case a bunch of stuff comes out on Thursday again.

As a side bonus of buying low-level packs, you shouldn't have to worry about buying Supply packs (lots of RPGs, first aids, etc.) and you get all sorts of low-level consumables. 

Think I'll stick to Basics for now.

Edit: An XX character gives you a 39 percent boost to power damage, combo and melee. There's gonna be some common characters that are going to become beasts. I think the Soldiers are really gonna shine after they increased the damage to concussive shot and grenades. I can imagine the uncommon Krogan Vanguard being tough with his charge power and not so difficult to move up.

Well this is fun

Twice I have tried to do the Deeper into the Ruin APEX and both times as soon as we load the host gets dropped

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Well this is fun

Twice I have tried to do the Deeper into the Ruin APEX and both times as soon as we load the host gets dropped

The more unique Apex missions seem to have that problem.  I had terrible issues with the 11 wave one.

Ran a few golds this afternoon with randoms.  They honestly about like silvers after the update.  Bought about 50-60 basic packs to build up common characters.  I've sort of settled on the human sentinels as my gold characters of the moment.  They're both around XV as of now.  Got my first character to XX.  Of course, it's one I've never used, so he's XX-1.  Kroguard is up around XV as well.

Also got my first of the new weapons.  It's a Raptor syphon.  Dunno if I'll ever use it.

Third time was the charm

I got an Ushior out of my APEX pack (along with bumping my Human Female Soldier up to XI) so I am not gonna complain there

I got a Zalkin Concussive. If you get a weak point kill on something, it explodes.

I got it in a Basic Pack.

I still don't have a Kineticist. But I have a Zalkin Concussive.

Bought a couple of Advanced packs just to see the difference and it still populated with commons so I learned my lesson to wait again until all my commons are XX

Someone on Reddit claims they did ask about the single player DLC at the Montreal comic-con Q&A and the answer was just "we can't talk about that"

Looks like they actually managed to fix the power challenges.  I completed the combat power mastery one running bronzes solo.  Extraction on bronze solo is definitely doable with XX characters, at least with the scenario I had (outlaws, firebase zero, and recovery/devices for waves 3/6).

Having a daily of combat power damage is a little frustrating when you don't have many good folks unlocked with combat powers