DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Or he just lights things on fire with flamethrower and Flak Cannon (which is what he did)

Then you find yourself at the mercy of Cooldown Times and Energy Cell capacity.

Not entirely a bad situation if you have an iron mountain of Ammo Packs to burn through and you are not stingy about using Consumables.

Yeah - that wasn't really an issue

I think sometimes you get far too into the weeds with the numbers

Shit died. We all went to the pay window.

Well not the shitty Krogan we were playing with. Fuck him.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - that wasn't really an issue

I think sometimes you get far too into the weeds with the numbers.

Well if you guys want to do Gold more regularly (or God forbid, Platinum) or if the devs extend Weekend Challenge mission lengths all the way to Wave 11, you will eventually at least have to give some consideration to numbers and stats.

Which is sad, because it was around this stage of ME3 co-op development where it got "serious" and wasn't fun to play anymore..

If they start giving out medals for solo play in Andromeda like they did with ME3 co-op, I will be done with this bullshit. 

The whole point of multiplayer mode is to play with multiple people.

7 minutes ago, jstout said:

It was a silver APEX mission, so we had some wiggle room.

I am to the point where I can semi bully my way through most Silver matches with slightly sub-par characters, but I am also experiencing Gold match incidents where fuckers can and will boot you mid-match if they think they are carrying you too much.

We were joking last night when one dude voted to kick stout in the lobby and we got ready to all pounce on him when he quickly rescinded it

I always assume if folks have mics on they are in a party together

I usually finish in last place. Every now and then I'll come in third. No big deal.

That being said, there's a certain irony in me finally coming in first with a new character in a bronze in which we all ate shit around wave 5.

Also, what the hell is Sea Rug? (I'm gonna guess Mel had two beer and started singing shanties from Assassin's Creed Black Flag.)

• Like 3

Finished outlaw mastery, by first 2 levels solo. 1 health pack, no revives.

Thankfully, folks showed up in wave 3.

I only did it because I needed 1500 points and I figured I could get that in 1 round by myself.

I felt like jamie lee curtis shooting an uzi in true lies when i pulled that soned out. 

I don't ever see me getting all the gun challanges but really don't ever see me getting the bronze on the ar's. The mattock and the revenant are the only two I half like. Although I havent tried many of them. I will try JT's approach next time I use an ar. 

I am a pistol toting bastard on this game. The rozerad, hurricane, and eagle are all great for me. 

Ol' sea rug was an exceptional ally! Not as good as raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalph but still good.

I'll get another couple hours in this evening before work and should be on for a good while tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

Some of the little shit birds were pretty close to the tracks in one spot. We shut the windows but actually didn't get any shot our way. I woulda hated to turn krogan on their asses. Although I probably woulda ended up salarian and running away with a bottle rocket up my ass. 

• Like 2

We've played bronze with four Remnant VI and none of us fired a shot until a Fiend on Wave 6 was in the way of the hack.

Sea Rug was a random we played with, and it occurred to me while playing that it would be positively the most random redneck nickname ever recorded. Try it, it fits: "Dammit, Sea Rug, I don't care if she started it, you can't do that with your cousin. I know she's hot, but that's not the point here."

Or there's: "Sea Rug, what in the hell are you doing with those Vice-Grips? Naw, naw, they're yours now, keep 'em."

One more I just thought of: "Sea Rug, if I've told you once, I've told you a million times, marinara sauce is not made out of pot."

• Like 4

Tomorrow night they are twitch streaming what is going to be in Patch 1.09

And since the tweet was them sharing the video about Platinum and the Batarians - looks like that is coming when the next patch drops (which I have a feeling will be next Tuesday)

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

If they start giving out medals for solo play in Andromeda like they did with ME3 co-op, I will be done with this bullshit. 

The whole point of multiplayer mode is to play with multiple people.

I was going for Outlaw Mastery (the daily), and I'd already done a Gold with some guys, so I figured starting a Bronze solo would get me enough points. Next person joined when there were 3 enemies left in Wave 6.Full 4 man extraction though.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tomorrow night they are twitch streaming what is going to be in Patch 1.09

And since the tweet was them sharing the video about Platinum and the Batarians - looks like that is coming when the next patch drops (which I have a feeling will be next Tuesday)

Fuck the Batarians.

JT I think you started playing right as the group broke up again as melraz had to go to work and I bailed because we had just started getting hit by storms.

You need to bail on work earlier

Or are the North Koreans to blame?

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

JT I think you started playing right as the group broke up again as melraz had to go to work and I bailed because we had just started getting hit by storms.

You need to bail on work earlier

Or are the North Koreans to blame?

We're evaluating new software that will potentially be used in the upcoming annual joint US / ROK training in August so yeah, Kim Jong-Un is fucking with my game time.

Right before I quit for the night, I landed on Voeld and went to chat with the Resistance peeps to collect my new side missions.  The head medic sure is a grumpy fucker.

So, this shit is going to be like Eos and I won't really be able to get anything else done until I deal with the Vault and restore the climate.

This Level 2 Cold can kiss my ass. 

Why do I keep getting the feeling that Environmental Hazards in Campaign Mode would've been a part of Multiplayer for APEX mission with a Harsh Weather Conditions stip if the devs had gotten a chance to work on it? 

I'd much rather see a Higher Difficulty setting incorporate Hazards and a challenging number of normal enemies rather than coming up against an overwhelming horde of bullet sponges.

I knocked out the Bronze APEX mission this morning and hopefully the MP servers will be up so that I can sort out my Strike Team crap and see what new equipment mod is for sale before guiding Scott Ryder to victory in Campaign Mode.

The game insists on giving me Eezo for my Gold Material Pathfinder Reward boxes when I really need Platinum.

• Like 1

I'm beginning to appreciate the little visual bits.

I noticed in the cut scenes on Voeld and you can see the snowflakes collect on your the faceplate of your helmet and in the groves on your hardsuit when you're out in the environment, or when you are on Havarl and you can see rain beading on your hardsuit if you are in a section of the map where the rain forest has a lot of tree canopy.

This is what they list

Various improvements to facial animations and cinematic scenes
Improved stability
[MP] Platinum difficulty added
Fixed issue where certain hair textures could disappear from female custom heads when using Facial Reconstruction Suite
Fixed issue where negative AVP could be displayed after reaching Nexus level 20
Fixed various quest progression blockers
Fixed issue where Ryder could be killed even when following directions during the guarded walk through Aya
Fixed issue where player could commit to relationships with both Jaal and Cora concurrently
Fixed issue where the “Reach the Signal Source” objective in Peebee’s quest line could fail to trigger
Fixed issue where player could get trapped on a ledge in the Elaaden Vault, causing an infinite load screen
Fixed save/load issues with the final battle area in Peebee’s Loyalty mission
Fixed issue where the “Speak to Sid” objective on the Nexus could persist indefinitely
Fixed issue where quest marker could disappear during the final step of the “Reformation” quest on Voeld
Addressed issue where it was possible for the player to be attacked during initial conversation with Bain Massani on Eos
Fixed issue where save/load could cause final platform to disappear in Drack’s Loyalty Mission
Fixed issue where the player can’t progress through the final story mission if the Nomad is broken from the “Out of Gas” quest
Added a confirmation prompt before changing Ryder’s appearance on the Tempest
Fixed issue where player could become trapped by NPCs in the APEX HQ on the Nexus
X5 Ghost can now be dismantled.
Fixed issue where TAB (keyboard) and Start/Options (Controller) no longer served as shortcuts to close the pause menu
Fixed issue where auto-level could assign skill points into loyalty-locked squadmate skills
Tactical Cloak melee damage bonus now applies to jump-melee as well.
Fixed issue with Fusion Mods displaying incorrect stats
[PC] Improved HDR functionality on Windows 10 Creators Update
[PC] Photo mode now supports Ansel’s depth-of-field controls.
[PC] Fixed issue where Logitech keyboard rebinding would cause key lighting to work improperly

There might be more than that as I know last time things got fixed that weren't mentioned in the notes

9 minutes ago, jstout said:

They also have added a harpoon gun, and a bunch of new stuff to the item store.

The harpoon gun was the standard Batarian weapon in the original trilogy.

It definitely takes some time getting used to

They're talking about all sorts of changes that aren't mentioned in the patch notes.

For example, no more insta-kills, period.

New enemies in all three classes.

List of changes coming on the blog after the stream.