DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

After all the shit talking I did - I as a Krogaurd got spiked by a Fiend today.

Now to be fair - it magically warped into our hack out of nowhere and spiked three of us in the blink of an eye

Every time I've succeeded at the eleven waver, multiple people have gotten revive medals. Every time I've failed, someone's wanted to play the "Spectate me while I solo this, I'm awesome" game. And they always fail at it, because you can't carry 100 revive packs.

At least the daily today was easy. I did it on bronzes with a character I use on Golds. Got Max Shields to +2% as well (everything else is 1%, except Power Recharge is 3%).

2 hours ago, jstout said:

Everyone who joins mid-match gets no "announcer" (I forget his name). That's been going on since multiplayer started.

This isn't true or at least has been fixed as I just got dropped in at the end of Wave 2 and Kandros was happily chirping away

It's so weird as this morning I started a match and Kandros was talking

Then someone dropped and a new person came on wave 2 or 3 and then Kandros stopped talking for the rest of the mission

Stupid Turian

I'm just glad I haven't got the no sound at all glitch in a while.  That one drives me nuts.

I got ate by a Fiend yesterday on the derelict map.  When I respawned at the start of the next round, I was stuck in some sort of structure under the map.  Fortunately I was able to jump off the map entirely, and I came out back on the normal map.

I am so tired of the derelict map. I get excited when I got anywhere else

It would be really swell if the game stop putting me on APEX missions when I select random game since I am never properly equipped for the APEX mission

I've had multiple crashes on the 11 wave map now.  Both involved fiends in close proximity.  First time I was trying to vault a fiend.  Second I was dead and watching somebody try to do the same.  No idea if that's a coincidence.  Both times it's crashed my game to the point where I had to kill it from the xbox menu and start fresh.

Those dalm fiends kicked my ass on that map last night. 

Tune in tonight folks to see if the iceman and gammer chick can go the distance on the massive 11 wave kett extravaganza. Commentary is available upon request. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, melraz09 said:

Those dalm fiends kicked my ass on that map last night. 

Tune in tonight folks to see if the iceman and gammer chick can go the distance on the massive 11 wave kett extravaganza. Commentary is available upon request. 

I'll go ahead and submit my request for commentary now.

• Like 2

I think I have played more matches this weekend than I have the entire time I have owned the game.

The combination of being done with single player and my wife being gone plus somewhat figuring out my connection problems has allowed me to finally start delving into MP

The game has decided to already put me in smart choke hell instead of upgrading all my shitty characters first

Yep, you're playing multiplayer all right.10,000 mods for 10,000 guns you don't use. "Assault Rifle Barrel III? Yay?"

Oh, and, folks, you haven't lived until you've heard Melraz commentate on these high-stakes matches. It really should be a Twitch channel.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AxB said:

Daily Biotic mastery is as broken as Tech Mastery was, it seems.

Correct - I was trying to do it yesterday and nothing.

At first I thought both had to be done specifically against Kett due to the picture but it doesn't move no matter what enemy you are against 

Is the jien garson task bugged? I cant get the hidden room open, so i cant hack her VI and unlock the last ryder memory block.

had a good run with randoms to get my daily challenge done. Had to do an extra mission, since my first was a join in progress where i got in level 7 and only got 3500 XP. I think both my Salarians are now level 14. 

Well JT was right - I love the Dahn

I will be using it on all my Krogan's once I finish Katana mastery (right now I only use it on my Kroguard)

I will it held more rounds but I can plan around that

I am pleased to report that the ass dragging on Havarl has come to an end.  The Vault is up and running, I actually decrypted the secret chest console on my own without using hints, planet viability is 100%, and there is an AI Science Team on site working with the Angara.

I did not encounter the glitch I ran into earlier.  All of the Roekkar were there in Taavos's camp ripe for the snuffing, so we smoked everyone, booted up the server in the one habitat so I could get the location the sage's sister, I read the Roekkar manifesto datapads, and then chatted with Taavos.

I'm glad I have OCD and searched around the area with the monolith before activating it.  I'd have been pissed if I missed the Memory Trigger and couldn't come back to access it.  The Ryder Clan memory was bittersweet.  Nice to see my custom built Ryder sibling talking for a change instead of being in a coma..

I was thrilled that there wasn't much to the Havarl vault.  I wasn't in the mood for extended exploration since I had to get up super early this morning to get to the office.

I was a little concerned about the Remnant Data Core count not going up for my assigned task, so I cheated and Mass Effect Wikia told me that Havarl was not one of the planets where I could acquire new Remnant Data Cores. 

I still have to complete the Unearthed assigned task and there is a new ! marker at the research station, so I will clear it out before moving on to Voeld.

I now have active loyalty missions for Peebee, Cora, Liam, and Jaal. 

I should be online around 5PM EST if anyone needs help running multiplayer.  If there are no takers, I'll be spending the evening gaining a foothold on Voeld.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well JT was right - I love the Dahn

I will be using it on all my Krogan's once I finish Katana mastery (right now I only use it on my Kroguard)

I will it held more rounds but I can plan around that

The Shotty Thermal Clip mod will give you more ammo and there are also passive skill tree options that will increase the spare ammo pool for all of your guns..  Caveat being that the MP packs have bothered to give you the mod.  I have bought several Expert and Premium Packs now and I still don't have a Pistol Receiver, a Carnifax heavy pistol, nor have I unlocked either of the two Very Rare classes in my APEX roster that are still greyed out.

You may want to see what class traits you're trading off for the luxury of more ammo though.

I wouldn't be worried about it since you have a shitload of Mission Funds.   

You can pay for a character respec if you don't like how the bonus ammo skill load-out performs and recover the 15 Mission Funds in no time flat if you have a bunch of active Strike Teams.

Well now that I am playing more - I am waiting to get characters to X before using them. That way I can spec correctly from the start instead of redoing because I didn't realize I would get more points later. Discovering that the ME3 pattern of 3 sixes, 1 five and a three still holds true made my heart sing

Pretty much right now I am just using the Human Female Soldier, the Human Male Engineer and the Kroguard. I will focus on getting them to Level 20 before I start fiddling with other folks

The siren call of mastering every power is starting to be heard...

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well now that I am playing more - I am waiting to get characters to X before using them. That way I can spec correctly from the start instead of redoing because I didn't realize I would get more points later.

Bah.

The only thing you need to remember is that when your characters are up to X, IIRC you should have enough skill points to level up everything to 6 except for one skill. 

I tend to raise all of my passive skills up to 6 and then I pick which two of the active powers I like and leave the skill I don't use that often or don't like that much at 1, while the rest go up to 6. 

There is no harm in leaving unused skill points in reserve until you level up or get a class upgrade and have enough to upgrade the powers you use frequently.

And if you find out that you goofed or want to try another build.  Character Respecs are only 15 MF and you can make that back in your sleep if you are good about redeploying Strike Teams.

Oh I leave unused points waiting for the next level.

My issue was not knowing what was good and bad in Andromeda vs. what I used to love in ME3

For example - while nice, the assault turret in Andromeda can't hold a candle to the one in ME3 and I don't think I am going to max it out on future builds.

And since you know my play style - Barricade might be the greatest thing ever invented