DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

So what you've done there is, you've failed to respect the re-spec.

It's the Human Soldier (both) the Turian Soldier and the Turian Agent (I think) that have been zeroed. I just started playing Human Soldier this morning. She was level 6 after two Bronzes and a Silver. Because I go Silver at level 4 now, apparently.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

As we have been talking about - it depends on the randos you are paired with

I got paired with 3 Kroguards who kept Biotic Charging Hydras and getting choked slammed for their troubles

I was the only one using cobras so everyone else can go fuck themselves

Somehow - 3 of us managed to extract

1r6c5s_zps4ydbx1cf.jpg

• Like 1

You know the APEX mission that's Combo-tastic? All combo detonations have double damage and area of effect? 4 Asari Adepts.That was fun.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AxB said:

You know the APEX mission that's Combo-tastic? All combo detonations have double damage and area of effect? 4 Asari Adepts.That was fun.

The only problem with running with Adepts on Combo-tastic is that they can only combo against redbars.  You still need someone with a good fire or ice debuff to combo yellow bars.

I ran in a Combotastic mission where there were two Engineers (one Human, one Krogan), a Kineticist (me), and a Human Soldier and we could generate combos almost at will against any enemy.  Now THAT was fun!

I'm not sure what changed, but I was thankful for the free re-spec so that I could divvy up my points a little more efficiently for my Soldiers..

I chatted up the Angaran scholars on the top of the Remnant monastery and got two more side missions for my trouble (Unearthed and Lost Sister).  Why, Havarl?  Why do the side missions that increase your viability involve fetchits with items scattered all over the map?

Okay, so the person I need to talk to about the Vault is actually dead.... and his soul rests inside of a person who belongs to an alien faction that hates other aliens... This day gets better and better.....

I boarded the Tempest and talked to Evfra so now we're mostly good and I've unlocked Jaal's loyalty mission.  After that I flew back to the Nexus to turn in Prof. Herik's side mission.  Leveled up and got some creds.  Now we're getting somewhere...

I went back to Havarl to hit the Remnant Abyss, but first we have to rescue Jaal's contact with the Roekkar from the Kett... only to find that she committed suicide... fuck.... at least we have a nav point... 

And now I have another side mission in my queue that involves finding random shit on this planet.. Roekkar Manifestos....

I raided the Remnant Abyss this morning before work... Boy, Destroyers are a lot easier to deal with in multiplayer.  At least I didn't forget to scan it for APEX before blowing it to smithereens.  And look, a secret bridge!  With a Remnant Decryption Core to scan! 

I have over 1K Remnant and Helius Research Points to spend and have no idea what I should use them on.  I hate most Kett and Remnant weapons, so I've been mostly putting points into researching the Angaran and Remnant armors and I invest in new Augmentations for Terran armor whenever I can.

After thwacking a couple of Nullifiers, I found the tomb of the dead Angaran and nicked his gauntlet so that I can use it to jog his current incarnation's memory about the issue with the third monolith. 

Not the first time that a plot point in an RPG I have played involved grave robbery.

I am not happy that there are no waypoints for my new fetchits (Roekkar Manifestos and Unearthed) just like Watchers and Data Trail had no waypoints on Eos, so once again I will have to comb the entire map looking for shit before proceeding on with the main storyline on this planet.

My only comfort is that Havarl is not a huge map so it should not take hours to track this shit down.

22 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am not happy that there are no waypoints for my new fetchits (Roekkar Manifestos and Unearthed) just like Watchers and Data Trail had no waypoints on Eos, so once again I will have to comb the entire map looking for shit before proceeding on with the main storyline on this planet.

My only comfort is that Havarl is not a huge map so it should not take hours to track this shit down.

Most of them you stumble across directly during the course of the story (especially the Roekkar Manifestos)

I just used a map to find the last one I needed on each

But again - those are the task type shit that you can do after the main story ends.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There are ways to Charge a Hydra or a Fiend that don't involve suicide, but if you Charge a Fiend head on you kinda deserve what you get.

Its one thing to Charge and then flee

These idiots were pulling a Veelox though and doing the Charge/Nova combo and then were all shocked that the Hydra wasn't dead

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Its one thing to Charge and then flee

These idiots were pulling a Veelox though and doing the Charge/Nova combo and then were all shocked that the Hydra wasn't dead

That's just plain retarded.  The infuriating thing about Veelox is that he played with the intention that it was your sworn duty rescue his sorry ass or die trying every time he did something stupid.

Just because Vanguards are a risk / reward class doesn't mean you have to play like a moron with no judgment..

Speaking of dumb things that people do in multiplayer, I was in a Silver APEX match yesterday (Firebase Magma / Empty Resupply) with some asshole named PistolPete(somenumbersIforgot) playing a Soldier who had the nerve to be surprised that if you fucking spam Frag Grenades in Waves 1-6 trying to outscore everyone, you have to burn an Ammo Pack if you want some for Extraction.

He died a lot in Wave 7 and did not make the shuttle off planet.  Partials usually make me angry, but I made an exception.

It was longer than 420.  He was an adult and not a stoner kid.

He kept whining about how the game was bullshit because the Kett were kicking his ass when he had no grenades to throw.  I had to turn my mic off so he wouldn't hear me laughing out loud.

He died five times in succession ran out of Revive Packs at the end and bled out.  

No one went to get him.  It was sad but funny.

Either he did not know he also had First Aids to use or he was stingy about burning them.

Last night was first time in a while i didnt try to get to someone and revive them. But it was also extraction level with 20 seconds left. The other three of us were in the LZ still fighting raiders, including an agent and a pariah. 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Last night was first time in a while i didnt try to get to someone and revive them. But it was also extraction level with 20 seconds left. The other three of us were in the LZ still fighting raiders, including an agent and a pariah. 

You used to be able to make a last stand at the LZ. 

Now it is suicidal to go straight to the LZ and fight it out.

today's daily challenge is complete waves on Gold Difficulty.

Back to single player with me.

That said, I did finally get the Kett Mastery Bronze medal , doing the bronze strike team mission for today.

Y'all are cowards.  I created one standard Gold match on Firebase Zero against Outlaws and played my Level 18 Angaran Insurgent and then did the Gold APEX mission on the same map against Kett (Sniper Rifle Skirmish) after that.

Two straight extractions with two teams of randos. Challenge beaten.  I was the #2 Killer in the first match and the #3 in the second, although the scores were very tight so there was no one in Match #2 that had to be carried to victory.

We only had one Anti-Bob on our team, gamertag AllenPeck., who needed repeated revives during the first match and did not seem to accept the strategy of camping on the West side of the map with the rest of us.  When the scores hit for Match #1, he was in last place by miles and miles, but at least he made it to the LZ for Extraction.

I did this because the Defeat The Roekkar part of A Dying World bugged and put some of the enemies into the earth where they could not be killed so I could not get past that part of the campaign mission even when I loaded several earlier AutoSaves.   The Roekkar leader's habitat does not open until you thwack all of his buddies.

I went back to my Mission Start save and angrily switched to MP to vent my frustration.  The bug set me back about two hours of game time since I bothered to hunt down Remnant devices for the Unearthed side mission before going to hit the Roekkar camp.

I'm back at the Remnant vault to repeat the Tomb Raider part of the mission.  Hopefully I remember to scan the Destroyer before I blow it up again.  This time I will head straight for the Roekkar encampment and deal with the Vault after I grab this dead guy's gauntlet.

I will hunt Remnant widgets later.

I now have four Strike Teams. Two mixed teams (one with two Humans and a Turian leader, and one with a Human leader and an Asari and Krogan on the team), one team of Asari commandos, and one team of Salarian ex-STG.

12 hours ago, jstout said:

Edit: It ain't happening. It's Level 12s Try to Play Gold Day.

We booted the Level 3 / 200 APEX rating guy that tried to join our Gold squad... twice.

14-X is acceptable. 15-II is not. But loads of low levellers are trying Golds today, because of the daily. Play someone with Stealth Grid or Tactical Cloak and get a revives Gold medal.

14 waves. That's failing in Wave three seven times = Success.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

14 waves. That's failing in Wave three seven times = Success.

To paraphrase Nakmor Drack,  someone needs to adjust their standards on the definition of success upwards.

Two Extractions = Success. 

Any Mission Failure = Fail.

Gold is rough enough without having some lowbie on board sandbagging the mission.