DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

There are still some tasks that are technically bugged

Like the one where you have to do the bombs on the bridge on Voeld never shows up in your list (though you can complete it)

And the one on Kadara where you can get the sick guy medicine still never triggers and you can't give the doctor medicine.

I dunno how to quote on the phone, but there does seem to be a lot of people camp where you're describing, AxB.

I don't mind it if they get off their perch to help revive or chase devices, but if they try to stay there for seven waves, it just pisses me off.

I like being on that elevated open area near there, ready to slug it out with what comes through. That way, I can escape fairly easily.

I get tired of Gold"s hectic pace. Last time I played a gold, we were doing Hack on Wave 3, and my teammates were getting killed so often I didn't have time to shoot enemies for reviving them. Used five revives in one wave and still failed. Golds are too dependent on your teammates being good, and that's usually too much to ask of the Xbox randoms, at least.

Yeah, I'd have no problem with anyone who did that. It's just the staying up there regardless of circumstances that cheeses me.

God knows I have been wrong, but I've never seen multiplayer as much of a sniping thing. Too many enemies like Ahdi can spawn right at your feet and gnaw on you while you're trying to get a shot lined up. I've heard of people moving and sniping, but I'm not that coordinated.

HOW MANY FUCKING HYDRAS CAN YOU THROW AT ME ON WAVE 6 OF A FUCKING SILVER MATCH DAAAAAAAAAAAMN IT

I used a Cobra to take out two that were eating my lunch in a tiny ass room, and then goddamn if here doesn't come a third in behind me to chokeslam my ass into the floor.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

• Like 3

I did run into some good randoms on a silver yesterday.  Needed em too, because the game was determined to make my Krogan dead.  Was on that frozen map in the room that has the three exits.  Was getting ready to nuke a fiend that was just outside when it teleported and decided to have me for lunch.  One of the randoms saved my ass with a nuke.  Before I could even get my bearings (maybe 5 seconds tops), an Ascendant came in from the other door and started shrink wrapping me.  Either that guy or another got that one with another nuke.  I think maybe the game hates the Krogan merc almost as much as I do.

Okay, so I got to play Campaign Mode for five uninterrupted hours on Father's Day.  Here are my thoughts on the shit you guys did months ago.

• Took me forever to find the fucking edible plant sample for the Havarl part of the Cultivation side mission since waypoint markers are still fucked in this game.
  • Got the last fauna scan I needed for for Professor Heirik's wildlife species cataloging project on the Nexus.  Not as many diverse critters enemies as I thought.  I thought that scanning an Adhi would count towards wildlife, but it gave me credit towards enemy scans in the Aid APEX side mission.
  • I also got the mineral scans from Havarl for the Turian geologist and obtained the fungi sample for the bartender at the Vortex.
  • Found the ancient spacecraft for my purple Angaran historian bae.  Bringing back a space helmet for posterity's sake so she should be in a very rewarding mood when I get back to Aya.
  • I sure do wish my teammates wouldn't murder enemies so fast that I cannot scan the remains for the Aid APEX mission.
  • There was a slight marking out moment for a Turian Spectre being one of the colonists.
  • Rescuing the frozen Angarans was pretty simple and now I'm off to climb this tower and talk to these tech monks.
  • This is why we check all ! markers before moving on to the next mission.  I'd have been pretty pissed off if I did all of this running around for the Angaran scientists, got back to the research station, fought my way through the valley, climbed the top of this stupid tower, and then discovered that I had to backtrack the way I came and scan all of that Turian ark wreckage.
  • Being an Infiltrator on Havarl is almost unfair.  I can see enemies from miles away thanks to the Body Signature ability I have when sighting down enemies through a scope.
  • I had to quit out just short of climbing the final ledge of this Remnant tower to talk to these scholar recluse assholes.  I will pick up there tonight after I knock out the APEX missions in my multiplayer queue.  I did the Bronze one this morning before work.  I love it when the stip is One Life To Live and you have an overachiever on your team that is obviously in it for the points and dies in the middle of every wave.

Most of the enemies stay scannable after they die. The only ones that are problems are the tiny bug ones that explode after one bullet.

Now every once in awhile a person will glitch out but those are only the people you fight a million times

14 hours ago, AxB said:

All the good players have gone to Gold, man.

See on Firebase Icebreaker, does everyone go to the same spot on XBox too, where (assuming the spawn/extraction point is on the Southernmost edge) you go on top of the building at the eastern edge of the map? Because against Remnant, you're a lot safer in that building than on top of it.

On Gold mission on Icebreaker, most teams I fight with tend to favor camping out in the habitat in the Northeastern end of the map.  I assume that is the one you're referring to.

Only two entrances to guard and if someone is smart enough to play an Angaran Insurgent (usually me) you can booby trap the whole fucking place so that your mines cause Combo detonations in concert with your Turret or when another player detonates whatever elemental effect you've assigned to your Turret.

I went with Flamethrower since Cryo Rounds keep enemies from blindly wandering into my mines (specced for detonation) and setting off a Fire Explosion and since Flamethrower is a better anti-armor debuff than Cryo Rounds.

My turret is also specced with Omni-Link so that it repairs itself when I am in close proximity.

The Notheastern habitat on the Icebreaker Map does not provide co-location to most Challenges, but it is much easier to defend which makes Survival waves fairly simple unless you have overachievers on your unit that die while trying to horde points.

As long as the team acts like a fucking team and isn't shy about using consumables, you'll usually beat the Challenge Waves and move onto the next.  If people don't try to revive downed teammates, if teammates let themselves bleed out if no one is close to make a save, or if they refuse to use Cobras to help dispose of one-shotters quickly, you're headed for a party wipe.

Nothing is more infuriating than being mashed flat by a Fiend that rushes a Hack zone or an Upload zone because no one bothered to fire a single rocket.

The Northeastern habitat also has the benefit of having no destructible cover.  Enemies can break the glass window in the front of the Southern habitat which provides them with more angles of attack when they zerg the area,.  The downside of camping in the Northeastern habitat is lack of egress points. 

If an Ascendant, Destroyer, Fiend, or Hydra marches into the habitat and flushes out the strike team, escaping through the enemy horde and resetting at another location can be pretty hazardous.  This usually happens when, as I mentioned before in my pet peeve rant, no one bothers to fire a Cobra so that the team can quickly kill one-shotters.

Camping on the tops of the habitats is suicidal since you're exposing yourself to flanking and fire from enemies on higher ground. 

The build for my Insurgent lends itself well to the maps that are heavy on enclosed zone fighting like Firebase Icebreaker, Zero, Magma, or Sandstorm, but he is a fish out of water on maps with a lot of open space or running room like Firebase Aqua, Derelict, or Paradox.

I also have my Angaran Insurgent packing the Sweeper.  It is not the greatest shotgun but the damage gets a little boost from the Shock Trooper mod not having to worry about ammo is a big help on Gold matches.

12 hours ago, RUkered said:

HOW MANY FUCKING HYDRAS CAN YOU THROW AT ME ON WAVE 6 OF A FUCKING SILVER MATCH DAAAAAAAAAAAMN IT

I used a Cobra to take out two that were eating my lunch in a tiny ass room, and then goddamn if here doesn't come a third in behind me to chokeslam my ass into the floor.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

You missed my post about the Rokkar.   They do not fuck around on mutliplayer.  I have counted as many as three active Hydra mechs at a time on maps where they are the enemies.

This weekend coming up should be the Gold challenge finale against the Rokkar.. Challenge Wave 6 and Extraction should be nightmare fuel if the last event happens on a map with a lot of open space.

As we have been talking about - it depends on the randos you are paired with

I got paired with 3 Kroguards who kept Biotic Charging Hydras and getting choked slammed for their troubles

I was the only one using cobras so everyone else can go fuck themselves

Somehow - 3 of us managed to extract

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

As we have been talking about - it depends on the randos you are paired with

I got paired with 3 Kroguards who kept Biotic Charging Hydras and getting choked slammed for their troubles

I was the only one using cobras so everyone else can go fuck themselves

Somehow - 3 of us managed to extract

I've forgotten what the stips were for the Silver challenge for the weekend Rokkar map (Hyper Shields / Assault Rifle Skirmish, maybe?), but I had a fairly decent group of randos with me.

I played my Krogan Engineer for that match because I knew that if I didn't take on the responsibility of armor debuffing, no one would.

It's not a bad idea for a Vanguard to Charge a Hydra if they are smart about how they do it (ie. Charge from a flanking or rear attack position, preferably when the Hydra has a primer on it). 

Most randos fail at making wise judgment calls, though.

I haven't played in about three weeks, on account of my wife coming back after spending a few months visiting family overseas and a shitty work schedule.

I might never finish this game, and with the way EA has decided to treat it, from the sounds of it, that might be okay. I mean, I still want to finish it, but if there isn't going to be anything after this. . .well, that blows.

However - I am not doing a third playthrough unless I know there is at least DLC

Of course I will be the last person hanging onto the dream of DLC/sequel as I am willing to give them till N7 Day (to at least announce that nothing is fucking coming)

Charging a Hydra is fine, provided you dart back right after impact. Unless some idiot puts his Barricade down and traps you toe to toe with the Hydra, obviously. Someone did that to me once.

Sigh....

Apparently this game will continue to bend me over

Despite clearing everything out of my list and scanning everything - I still at 99%

Guess I need those other bugged tasks that never appear 

Just now, RIPPA said:

Sigh....

Apparently this game will continue to bend me over

Despite clearing everything out of my list and scanning everything - I still at 99%

Guess I need those other bugged tasks that never appear 

Its waiting for JT to catch up. 

• Like 1

It's weird - my save file says 100% completion but my progress in the Heleus Cluster is only 99% (but all the individual system show 100%) so who the fuck knows