DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

16 hours ago, Robert C said:

melraz has found true multiplayer love with the Krogan Vanguard.  It would be heartwarming if he didn't keep stealing all my fucking kills.

I knew it would be a Krogan...

I had to work a double yesterday, so I didn't get much done in Campaign mode and I maybe got to play one multiplayer match before going to bed.. 

Hopefully things will work out better today.

• Like 1

Now in the Equipment store: A Revive Pack Transmitter. Lets you revive other nearby teammates simultaneously. Could be handy on Golds. 120 mission funds though. I've only got 630 left now I've bought that.

13 hours ago, AxB said:

Now in the Equipment store: A Revive Pack Transmitter. Lets you revive other nearby teammates simultaneously. Could be handy on Golds. 120 mission funds though. I've only got 630 left now I've bought that.

I never used that mod in ME3.  No reason to start now.

Yeah, I hate the Krogan Gladiator power load-out.  It would've been much better to swap out Pull for Shockwave or Backlash if the intent was to make it a Biotic Juggernaut.  It would be no more overpowered than the Asari Adept which is ridiculously effective despite the shitty Barrier strength.

The class has two upsides: 

- Pulling enemies to me and smashing them with a Krogan Hammer is fun, if terribly inefficient.

- I can score points without even doing anything just by standing near enemies and having other player detonate off of my Annihilation Field.

I got two Gold extractions yesterday.  My Kineticist was dragged to victory in one of the ongoing Vault themed missions and I was the #2 Killer against Outlaws on the Firebase Sandstorm map.  She's up to 19th Level now. 

The Vault themed map was particularly hairy since Power Dampening was the stip.  I just hid and detonated as much as I could to keep pace against the debuff.  Having Inferno Ammo 4 helped.

The fight with the Outlaws went much better.  The stip was Pistol Skirmish and I was packing a Charger VII and a Predator IX.

Three more extractions on Gold and I will nick that Unwavering achievement.

I really do need to level up someone beefier or much sneakier for Gold.  I'm okay as a Biotic, but I need to get one of my Combat / Tech hybrids up to snuff that jives more with the way I play.

No new character unlocks from the packs I bought with my newly found wealth.  My KroGuard and KroMerc got upgraded, though.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Considering the mods show up in your collection - I can't see you passing one up

Nope.  I collect them for the sake of collecting and on average, I have at least 200 Mission Funds to burn by Friday.

I bought the mod, but I probably will never equip it on anyone.

Got to whip a little bit of ass with some of the crew last night.

Wait, what I meant to say is I was a bullet sponge with a level 1 Krogan Vanguard because they were nice enough to help drag me through some silver and gold rounds to level me up.

Figured out that I love the Charge. That Rambo "fuck these things, let's ram 'em" deal fits my play style perfectly. Now, to just get the character leveled up enough to actually do damage...

• Like 2

I've been working my way through Kadara.

I am enjoying Sara more than Scott but I also can't tell if that is because I know what I am doing on this play through.... for the most part

Definitely got stuck on Havarl for a little bit because I forgot the order of things and spent too long trying to activate the bridge that I couldn't because I wasn't far enough along in the story.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

God Dammit - you fuckers a) are never on when I am on and b) never want to play gold

I need my 5 extractions dammit!

I screwed up and forgot my mic at my crib, so it is serendipity that I haven't seen any of you guys online in multiplayer this week while I've been at the 'rents.

One of the Golds I ran yesterday was with a team of four randos and one was with one of my DARPA buddies from TACOM and three randos.

They were both Gold APEX missions and I wanted to score on the extra stuff.

As I said earlier, the one on the Vault map with the Remnant was tough because I was a Biotic running in a match with a Power debuff. 

Having Inferno Ammo IV on my guns saved my ass since I could get normal detonations with Pull / Throw and follow up with a Fire Combo after shooting something and then using Lance.

The second Gold APEX mission only had Outlaws and there was a Pistol buff, so it was a lot less nightmarish than the previous match.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

God Dammit - you fuckers a) are never on when I am on and b) never want to play gold

I need my 5 extractions dammit!

For what its worth, I love playing Gold. If you want an assist for it, I'm down.

Yesterdays 2 Golds were bonkers, and the Full Extraction on the Remnant map was one of my favorite multiplayer experiences ever.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Yesterdays 2 Golds were bonkers, and the Full Extraction on the Remnant map was one of my favorite multiplayer experiences ever.

The Vault scenario with the Remnant was a sick experience.  On the Extraction Wave, you have to launch a fucking frontal assault on the enemy to get to the LZ.

We also had a Full Extraction in my session on that map.  Everyone that had Cobras to spare fired them to clear the way for the final push..  

We were lucky enough to have a really smart player running an Asari Huntress in our party who must've burned through all of her Stealth Grid power cells and popped a couple of Thermal Clips to keep the party cloaked for the last 45 seconds before the shuttle arrived.

28 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

For what its worth, I love playing Gold. If you want an assist for it, I'm down.

Yeah that was a good one.  

Typical gold with me and melraz involved.  Die 938704345 times on wave one, then settle down and get it done.  I'm pretty sure we died more times on wave one than we did on the next six combined.

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

No rewards for kill stealing Krogans

Then I should get 2 then. 

I think Burke died less than us on wave 1. And he was a level 1 i think

But when dan said hed buy us a beer if we extracted. We killed shit. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

No Gold for me. 

There are dudes here that will run Gold with you. 

Randos that run Gold are much more reliable than Silver or Bronze players, though.  Just jump into a match with your highest level character and best weapons and try your luck

You will, however, run into the random asshat hosting a APEX Gold match as a Level 5 character with Ready Flag already checked that expects to be dragged across the finish line, and hopes you don't notice that he's running a lowbie on purpose in order to take advantage of the bonuses.

• Like 1

Isn't it a bit odd that Rebel Salarians have Decoy, but no Salarian characters in APEX have it?

Weird. I've already done Movie Night ahead of schedule, but I am still getting dialogue prompts for doing some of the steps. Just got the one for Suvi. 

Also, the one thing I wont be doing differently is 

Spoiler

getting rid of the hamster

Edit: got a Ruzad shotgun and a Krogan Vanguard in my free bonus pack.