DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

And the new equipment item in the Item Store is a shield booster. +15% to Shields, and nothing else. Not as much use as the Juggernaut Shield and its Melee buff (+10% shields, +75% Melee damage).

Power Recharge Speed Level 2! Now 2.0% faster! Powers come back in 4.90 seconds instead of the level one 4.95 or the default 5.0. I'm sure I'll really notice that difference.

And level 3 is only another 6.3 million XP away. That's enough to get three more characters from level 1 to level 20... if it really isgoing to be years and years before they come out with another ME game, at least everyone who keeps playing will eventually get these stats to where they're making a noticeable difference.

They have already rolled through

I've stuck to blowing through everything on Voeld

Established my outpost and now going to get the Moshae

Made sure to not miss the data core in the vault this time

Boy I do get some weird bugs

So I went to rescue the Moshae last night and in the opening cut scene - Jaal is talking and suddenly the game skips for a second and when it continues Jaal's voice dropped like two octaves so it was even deeper than it normally is.

At first I thought I was just imagining it but my wife noticed it too.

But it went back to normal when we got back to the Tempest

Oh and I still get the autosave error saying I don't have enough space (despite me deleting even more files just to be safe)

We had some bad storms last night so I watched Kung Fu movies on El Rey for the majority of the evening.  I woke up around 2AM thanks to the thunder & lightning and fired up multiplayer for a bit. 

My Krogan Merc made it to 10th and I started working with the Turian Havoc Trooper..

The squad wiped during my first mission because some genius thought it would be awesome to switch the flag from Bronze to Silver at the last minute and the Kett were pretty merciless.

Second match was a little better.  I goofed on my load out and picked my newly acquired Halberd as my primary when I really should've been using a high ROF weapon like a Cyclone since one of my Combat Powers is Turbocharge.

Third match saw huge improvement.  I swapped out my Halberd / Predator weapon load out for the Cyclone / Charger pairing and put on the Munitions mod to boost Combat Power damage.

My aerial combat skills are decent since I have Scott Ryder specced mostly for Hover, so it didn't take long to terrorize enemies from above via Turbocharge assisted strafing attacks and Flak Cannon blasts fired over hard cover. 

I was only 5th level and I beat out a couple of 10's and an 8th level players for the top killer spot, but I really had to hustle to stay on point.  Unlike the click and murder Vanguards and Adepts, this class makes you work for every kill.

I think the Havoc would be more effective if it had Concussive Shot rather than the somewhat sketchy Flak Cannon, but I can see the class balancing wisdom of not giving a homing Combo Detonator to a class that already has Incinerate and can loiter in mid-air for several seconds at a time. 

It looks game breaking on paper, but not sure how bad it would be in practice.

Even at high levels, Liam's AI continues to do dumb things in combat.  It is infuriating to see him use Havok Strike and then take a couple steps back and throw a fucking grenade at enemies that are at point blank range.  He never detonates his own combos and the fucker has five points in Overload now.

In his defense, we're fighting a lot of Roekkar right now and they all have armor, so maybe the AI tries to use the power best suited for the enemy type since I have his Frags specced to be Anti-Armor daisy cutters?  Who knows? 

At least Jaal is on point and uses his Energy Drain on enemies I have Cryo Beamed so that I can use my Energy Drain on the enemies that Liam has smashed with Havoc Strike.

Drack and Vetra continue to act like veterans.  Vetra fires her Concussive Shot almost immediately after Drack launches his Incinerate tech.  Fire Combos for days. 

Cora and Peebee also work well together, but I tend to have to micromanage them with squad commands or Cora will occasionally charge a target other than the one Peebee has used Pull on.

That's why I don't pair up the two biotics.

I rarely use Liam outside of the conversations in the Nomad and it is exactly what you said - he throws the worst grenades

I mean if there is a time that could possibly be the worst for him to toss one, he will do it

I have noticed that Cryo Beam is beginning to have diminishing returns now that I am fighting lots of enemies with Armor. 

I'll probably respec Ryder to use Flamethrower or Incinerate so that I can be more effective against yellow bars and hopefully mining and resource generation will get me the materials I need to add these new Bonus Power Damage and Anti-Armor augmentations I looted to a new set of crafted gear,

I'm good on the Anti-Shield front now that I have a crafted N7 Hurricane with the always on Disruptor Ammo and Lightning augmentations.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I rarely use Liam outside of the conversations in the Nomad and it is exactly what you said - he throws the worst grenades

I mean if there is a time that could possibly be the worst for him to toss one, he will do it

I have seen Liam fucking lead with Overload and follow up with Havoc Strike. .

It makes me want to scream.

Jaal then reps big for the Angara with a timely ED that electrocutes the enemies that Liam targeted. 

If Liam had detonated his own combo, my squaddies would not have to wait for three powers to cooldown instead of two.

On the multiplayer front, I am a complete dumbass. I could tell by the jaw plates and the shape of the head that the Havoc Trooper was a female Turian, but it took quite a few matches before it dawned on me that the Krogan Engineer was also a female...

.... even though the clan markings on the face of the Engineer are similar to Kesh's.

Did you know that the oniline characters have bios? If you go into the Prestige section and go to 'Collections', you can flip the character cards and read about what they're like and why they came to Andromeda.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

Did you know that the oniline characters have bios? If you go into the Prestige section and go to your unlocks, you can flip the character cards and read about what they're like and why they came to Andromeda.

The Krogan Mercenary's is the best of those.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

Did you know that the oniline characters have bios? If you go into the Prestige section and go to your unlocks, you can flip the character cards and read about what they're like and why they came to Andromeda.

Great...  Something new for my OCD to latch onto.

It's bad enough I was on a mission to unlock all available characters for possession's sake alone.

46 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Great...  Something new for my OCD to latch onto.

It's bad enough I was on a mission to unlock all available characters for possession's sake alone.

You can actually read them from the character selection screen as well. You don't have to unlock them to read if you use that

• Like 1

You can also read them via the app

Like I just learned that the Turian Soldier is on the run avoiding court martial on Palaven

COWARD~!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AxB said:

And the new equipment item in the Item Store is a shield booster. +15% to Shields, and nothing else. as much use as the Juggernaut Shield and its Melee buff (+10% shields, +75% Melee damage).

It could have some situational use in APEX missions with stips where health is debuffed in favor of buffed shield power (Hyper Shields?) or if shield power is debuffed along with health (Weakened Assault Team?).

I agree that it doesn't provide nearly as much overall benefit in normal strikes as the Juggernaut Shield would.

The card level of your character really influences how powerful they are. It feels like my level 9-X Turian Soldier* is closer to being maxed out than my level 20-II Angaran Insurgent (nb: You get 2 skill points at first card, and 25 if they're an X).

* He has loads of weapon weight capacity as a default. So he brings a Zalkin-I and a Cyclone-X as his two weapons he can overcharge. But I took him to Silvers at level 7 and he was fine. I barely remember to use the Grenades, his guns are that good.

11 hours ago, AxB said:

This M-37 Falcon is a bit powerful, isn't it?

Yeah, I dislike assault rifles generally, but that's my go-to during assault rifle skirmishes. It reminds me of my Talon pistol more than it does an assault rifle - big damage, only holds eight shots at a time. A little on the heavy side, but no big deal. It's definitely my assault rifle skirmish gun.

Got the ultra-rare Krogan Gladiator, making Melraz and Robert jealous, but I can't seem to get the hang of it. All of the rest of my characters I play with have a projectile with right bumper - concussive shot, lance, some kinda fireball, etc., so I'm used to waiting until enemies poke their heads out of cover, blasting them with the right-bumper projectile, then shooting them.

With the Gladiator, the right bumper is some kind of really close-range attack. Powerful, but as the character is spec-ed out now, it takes FOREVER to recharge. But that doesn't really matter, because I'm too busy punching nothing when I accidentally hit the button thinking I'm gonna throw concussive shot at the guy five miles away.

I still say that if I can get him up to X (he's currently a I), my Salarian Architect has the skills to be the main dude in my arsenal.

Robert, Melraz, Dragon and I played a game on Bronze yesterday where we all equipped Architects, turned on the Remnant VI and saw just how much work they would do if we did nothing. I figured we'd have to do something by the first wave, but we made it to Wave 6 before a fiend was clogging our upload zone and he had to be taken out immediately, so somebody RPG'd him into outer space and we went back to letting the Remnants do their thing.

It was crazy - it takes them a second, but them sumbitches will take down an Ascendant without blinking. That was fun.

So, ive just gotten to Kadara and completed Movie Night without getting the movie (again) from the merchant.

and with no permament sig other, i was sitting next to lexi and drack fell asleep on my shoulder on the other. 

I've moved on to Elaaden! Though I'm wondering if it wouldn't be best to start knocking out some of the other loyalty missions first. I've done Liam's and Jaal's, but I have Cora's and Vetra's and Drack's in the queue to do if I want.