DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

I managed to race thru Voeld, unlocking all the forward stations, opening the monoliths and doing the vault in under 45 minutes.

maybe more importantly, i opened my third consumables slot again. 

55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I know you can kick pre-match. I didn't realize you could do it during the match

We didn't manage to actually kick him, though we did both vote to.  Our fourth was another random and we didn't talk to him at all.  It was the thought that counted, though.

Yeah, you can kick people in mid match.  I tend not to because it takes a while to get a new player, but I can see the need for it if someone is just held up in a corner and not helping. 

I usually check the score after each wave to see who is doing what.  If the low guy's score is too low, he may be sandbagging.

I am usually tempted to kick the AFK guy in the lobby.  It would be nice if the idle person would at least say, "Give me a few secs, guys!" over the fucking mic if he has one or send a message or something.

All of my Uncommons are up to 10th save my Asari Adept.  Time to cause some blue explosions.

Both of my Strike Teams are up to 20th now and have no negative traits.  I have close to 300 Mission Funds, so I will probably recruit a third Strike Team and send my two 20s after Silver and Gold missions while my new team mops up Bronzes.

Either that, or I'll just buy quality equipment for my two teams to make them ultra-effective.  Right now one team has shitty all weather gear and the other has a basic rapid response vehicle.

"Good work, team!"

Just had a guy try to host a Silver APEX match (against Remnant with 25 percent off all weapon damage) with an APEX rating of 4 and a Level 1 character. I decided to try to find another set of teammates.

two notable multiplayer extractions:

1. died with 2 seconds left but did not revive in time.

2.  hopping from sniping on the roof to the LZ and jumped off the map and when I came back, it was too late for extraction.

Boy, I love the human kinesitist, as a sniper with both a valiant and my biotics.

I abso-damn-lutely love the Yellowjacket (my Salarian Architect), but I'm skittish about bringing him into Silver just yet, because he's just a One. He's Level 13, but I need to get his skills cranked up a bit more. Plus right now, he's kinda low on both health and shields. But once I get him as built as I can, he's gonna be a beast. That Remnant VI simply does not play, it's serious business. It and Incinerate are both tech powers, so my Engineering Kit equipment proves handy (increases damage by tech powers by 30 percent).

Here's a question for the ME multiplayer geniuses out there: There are common, uncommon, rare and ultra rare boosters. Does that mean I need to finish the sets the way we do characters and guns? Do I have to have one of each common before I start triggering off uncommons like with guns and characters, or can I use all boosters at will? I need to look more into this myself by noticing what I'm getting in packs a little more and seeing how those boosters fit into the grand scheme of things.

Had a lovely game with some randoms where we had Devices on Wave 3 and they "let" me get all the devices (thanks, guys) and then we had Retrieval on Wave 6 and they let me do all the retrieving.

• Like 1

Characters, Weapons and weapon mods all max out at level X, and once you have one of them (say, Human Male Vanguard) at level X there are no more of that card in the deck. So once you get all the commons up to X, Basic Packs are just Supply packs. However, there is no limit to how many Cobra RPGs or First Aid Packs you can own (although there are limits on how many you can equip). Boosters are the same way, you can own hundreds. You don't start getting Level 2 experience Boosters because you own every level 1 one.

You can buy them with Mission Funds though.

• Like 2

Good times with Rippa, Mark, and Stout yesterday. 

I got my Salarian Architect up to Level 10 and my Kineticist is up to 16 now.  Stout's Remnant VI shames my own retard Remnant VI that wanders about and occasionally shoots something, but at least I did get to experience the PAW love.  I really loved not having to make ammo runs.

AxB is a genius. I fired up my Level 1 Angaran Insurgent this morning before going to work and the Shock Trooper mod (Bonus Shotty Dmg + Extra Power Cell) used in conjunction with the Hesh II allowed me to lock down an entire habitat on Firebase Sandstorm during a Hack challenge wave.

The extra Power Cell makes a huge difference.  I had all off the doors trapped and held the Kett at bay with my Plasma Shotty, Assault Turret, and Trip Mines.

It also helps that I have an iron mountain of ammo packs to burn through, so I could replenish detonated mines for the duration of the wave without having to run to the closest ammo box..

My kid's soccer team has a Bronze match today in the county's Round Robin tournament (we lost a heartbreaker on Monday), so I won't be on until around 7PM or 8PM.

• Like 1

The other character the Shock Trooper Mod works with is the Krogan Mercenary. Flamethrower is pretty short range, but you can peel armour off with it and then finish them with the Shotty or the extra Flak Cannon round you'll also be carrying.

Does anyone else feel like the jump from Bronze to Silver is way steeper than the jump from Silver to Gold? Or am I just lucky to only have done Golds with people who know what they're doing (I've seen some right idiots in Silvers)?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

The other character the Shock Trooper Mod works with is the Krogan Mercenary. Flamethrower is pretty short range, but you can peel armour off with it and then finish them with the Shotty or the extra Flak Cannon round you'll also be carrying.?

I'm taking notes. 

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

Does anyone else feel like the jump from Bronze to Silver is way steeper than the jump from Silver to Gold? Or am I just lucky to only have done Golds with people who know what they're doing (I've seen some right idiots in Silvers)?

It may depend on who you're up against.   I've noticed that the improvement in opposition is steep when it comes to Remnant and Kett, but Outlaws don't appear to scale up quite as quickly.

I'll jump into a Silver vs Outlaws when I am 8 to 10, but I'd never think about doing Silver against Kett or Remnant unless I was at least 12th.

I got a version of melraz's frozen glitch last night

Died and when Mark revived me I couldn't move via my stick.

I could dash but that was random directions (and mostly side to side)

I soon learned that my Krogan headbutt would propel me forward so that is what I did for 3 waves

Since it was Bronze and against Outlaws - it was really hard to die on my own. Plus my turret killed most things before they got to me.

When I finally died again on extraction - when I revived I was back to normal.

Still beat Mark in points

So, without reading any of these posts to avoid spoilers, and with the benefit of patches being released and you all being superfans, should I buy Andromeda or just leave happy memories of the original trilogy?

It's already been on sale a few times for $40

You can also wait to see if there is actual DLC - because if they announce they aren't doing DLC then it's gonna be under $20 in a heartbeat

The Smart Choke mod for Shoguns in this game is totally broken in the this is awesome for players kinda way. 

I can hit things nearly halfway across the map with my Hesh II and the Disciple III

Its comparable gameplay and story and I am not unhappy that I am playing it

However - there are a lot of things left hanging and if there is no future DLC/games then I am going to be really pissed about the lack of closure

So some of that would have been eased by not having had played full price

• Like 1

My APEX rating is above 3K and I am Level One in all of my Bonus Stats except for All Power Recharge Speeds.

Why am I only moderately happy?

I nearly threw a party when my Galactic Readiness% for the entire Milky Way was 100%.

The Item Store should have a new equipment mod for sale some time tomorrow.  Don't burn all of your Mission Funds this evening.

The grind is on - I've hit the point where I need to get my Rare characters headed toward X. This means I have to buy expert packs at 50,000 apiece. That's two finishes on Silver, or five finishes on Bronze. That's a lot of game playing. I can only do so much of Silver before the pace of it drags on me, but Bronze just doesn't get the job done, money-wise. Besides, it's no guarantee - I just got offed by an Ascendant on Wave 6 of a Bronze, and my low-level teammates folded shortly thereafter, so we didn't make it.

I did have this "great" experience playing Silver - we got Assassination, and the first three targets to assassinate were all Ascendants.

I also had another fun experience playing Silver on Firebase Magma (the "sand" or "lava" map). You know how you spawn and have to run up a set of stairs to get to the main part of the building? I somehow got stuck under the stairs and could not get out. My teammates were trying to free me by chucking grenades in there, etc. It was comical. I stood there shooting anything that came near me until I thought my teammates might want a more mobile teammate, so I quit.

Due to podding tonight, only did 1 MP and it was not enough to level up the Kineticist. :(

Did a bunch of single player stuff on Voeld and went back to Nexus for SAM stuff and start Spender arc. and meet Peebee's Remnant VI.

5 hours ago, jstout said:

The grind is on - I've hit the point where I need to get my Rare characters headed toward X. This means I have to buy expert packs at 50,000 apiece. That's two finishes on Silver, or five finishes on Bronze.

7 waves on Gold gets you 55,000 a time. And it's not that much harder than Silver. You need good guns though.

I'm kind of at the same spot. All the Uncommon characters are X'ed, but the Rares (and one Ultra Rare) I've got are all I or II.