DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:
  Hide contents

After you scan all the bodies - go to Prodromos

Talk to Majordomo (he is inside one of the buildings)

He thinks things don't add up (In fact that might be the name of the Task)

From there you do the normal go around scanning

Now I am making a second spoiler in case you don't want to know the conclusion

Hide contents

Long story short - you find survivors from Site 2 in a shuttle in orbit around one of the planets

I actually do recall this. I just didn't remember how i got it.

20 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

-The Project Overlord callback was nice. Could have done without the person responsible taking a bullet to the head right in front of me, though. . .was actually hoping to avoid that. Hope that doesn't come back to bite me later.

Its avoidable.

24 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I actually do recall this. I just didn't remember how i got it.

Its avoidable.

Well, after reading up on it after the fact, it is.

Not the way I wound up doing it, but it is.

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - so there was an entire 2nd task attached to scanning the bodies on Eos

So either it was bugged and finally patched or you can't do it if you finish the first half during the Epilogue.

Because it didn't unlock for me on my first playthrough

If the task is logged as complete, it stays locked.

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I think JT is on Voeld now.

Yup.  Mostly done with Havarl and Voeld now and I am doing stuff on Kadara.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh I am so catching you this week since I have permission to play everything but loyalty missions without my wife around

Probably since I am equally focused on filling out my multiplayer roster. 

I have one more Rare and two more Very Rare slots before I have the whole APEX set.

I've also started my Sara Ryder Biotic playthrough to knock out some of the Rare Achievements like Melee 25 Floaties and have gotten her to Habitat 7.

Yeah - I have no idea why you are doing that.

And I do am trying to knock out my Biotic Achievements - thus my frustrations with dudes not flying in the direction I want them to

And then I need to start using flame thrower

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I have no idea why you are doing that.

And I do am trying to knock out my Biotic Achievements - thus my frustrations with dudes not flying in the direction I want them to

And then I need to start using flame thrower

I am only starting a Biotic playthrough because most of the Biotic-related Rare Achievements involve using Pull or Throw so I will stick with it long enough to knock out a few quick achievements and then abandon it for a bit for my main story go around with My Scott Ryder.

It's also a bit of a distraction to maintain my interest in the game since I am starting to feel the grind of Assigned Tasks and Planet Viability Improvement.

The easiest spot to get the Flamethrower achievement is the First Murderer task where you track down the Chief's equipment to the insect nest.  Just sprint into the cave before your squadmate and hit your Flamer.  You should roast at least four kaerkyns when they rush to attack.

I just swapped powers around on my Scott to get most of them so in theory I didn't need the 2nd playthrough to get the achievements

But since I needed it do get the Remnant Core missions and the completing 20 puzzles achievements - I am just killing two birds

The only time the Tasks felt grindy for me was on Eladeen when it felt RNG trying to finish like 5 different tasks on finding the right camps

The rest all came naturally during my normal course of play

I started to feel the grind on Eos. 

Spending two and a half hours looking for the random bullshit needed to trigger the waypoint for the Watchers and Data Trail tasks was not fun.

The missions in this game could still use a patch or two to tighten them up a bit more and my immersion continues to be destroyed by occasional dialogue bugs..  I often remind myself that I actually like this franchise by playing lots of co-op.

I should be online sometime this afternoon grinding my Krogan Engineer up to 10th and then I'll work on my last Uncomoon (Asari Adept) before tooling with my Rare classes. 

I'll probably cash out to play more Campaign Mode when RAW comes on.

I did not mind stuff criss-crossing a planet, but got annoyed with ones that require going to multiple planets or star systems, like contagion.

should be around after going to get dinner and checking on my dad. 

Again - I do think there is a "if you played DA:I" factor in here too and maybe that is why some of that stuff doesn't bother me as much.

Even the tasks ones don't make me hate life or anything like this game seems to make JT

The only time I legit got pissed was after the first interview with Keri where is says "wait for the next interview" and you are on the Nexus so you go to the Tempest and you instantly get a "READY FOR THE NEXT INTERVIEW!" message

Multiplayer took out its hatred on me last night.  Melraz, Stout and I killed about eleventy billion Kett.  That was fun.  Having my game freeze up completely, to the point where I had to exit Andromeda and restart, twice at wave 6 was not fun.  

Down to about 30 uncommon weapon mods left now, after getting a bunch last night.  

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Again - I do think there is a "if you played DA:I" factor in here too and maybe that is why some of that stuff doesn't bother me as much.

Even the tasks ones don't make me hate life or anything like this game seems to make JT

The only time I legit got pissed was after the first interview with Keri where is says "wait for the next interview" and you are on the Nexus so you go to the Tempest and you instantly get a "READY FOR THE NEXT INTERVIEW!" message

The long wait for the Firefighters story to continue was annoying, just because I kept waiting for it.

People got into a match where the host bitched the entire time that everyone else was moving around too much and killing stuff too quick

Mind you it was Bronze and he had set it to Outlaw.

But he was a sniper camper and I guess he was pissy he wasn't getting to shoot anything

I can't stand to listen to randoms on the headset. I don't need that much coaching. I enjoyed the guy who kept a running comnentary of how much I sucked after he was first to die, that was precious.

Listening to randoms is only fun when you're sticking a foot up their ass PvP like in GTA online.

Normally I don't either

This one was so weird because they guy was so soft that I didn't realize anyone was talking and then all I heard was "The key to the game is staying in one spot. You guys move around too much"

I was like "God?"

Then I realized we had a sniper so I looked and saw he had an active mic

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

"The key to the game is staying in one spot."

No it isn't. He's thinking of that Sniper Elite game, or GTA or something.

Finally got a second N7 level weapon, and this time it's an N7 Eagle, so I can actually hit things with it (the first one was an Inferno, and I'm not a Sniper Rifle guy. I'm better with the Inferno than the Widow or Isharay, but that's just being bad rather than awful).

I'm more of a Shotgun guy, but the only Shotguns I've got (besides the default one) are the Ruzad and the Disciple.

Rippa, you can mute them (of course) or start a Xbox Live party containing only yourself. That shuts that coming through the TV stuff down.

I really like the Ruzad. Is there a better shotgun?

I came to the conclusion that sniping is not for me in this game. Every time I try to get a bead on a target, I've got two Ahdi or their Kett equivalent gnawing at my legs. Too much shit going on at one time.