DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Sadly, we are off for memorial day, so no 12 hours of OT for me. :( but we were told we are so busy there will be no shutdown the week of July 4th. 

Should be around to do MP tonight. If Phil skipped raw to play this week, surely he will skip impact to shoot outlaws on outpost paradox. 

Got to play about 5 runs on Silver with Stout yesterday. I failed to extract the last two which sucked. 

I will say my proposed Chargeless Vanguard is much more tailored for the Human then Krogan. Nova and Shockwave work much better in combo then Nova and Fortification.

Got the Scorpion yesterday, and this, all is well.

• Like 1

You can't actually be Chargeless though, because at level 1-1 you have a point in Charge. But you can just use Charge as a melee delivery system... which works better with the Krogan, because he needs the melee kills to go Rage mode and become truly effective. If you make sure you don't have Charge above level 2 (because level 3 is a Damage & Force upgrade), it doesn't do enough damage to kill a Fresh Raider or Chosen on Silver, but it does leave them stunned and right in front of you. Melee splat, berserk, everyone's happy.

Also, Fortification slows you down, whereas Charge gets you places quickly. I think the art of using the Krogan Vanguard at the top skill level is in timing the Fortification Purge explosion to get loads of kills.

I'd just been doing Strike Team stuff in the multiplayer menu, but it told me I had to go to single player because I'd maxed out Pathfinder rewards. I had 200 of them. Selected 'Collect All' and then just stood still for ages while countless clumps of credits and research data scrolled up the side of the screen for about five minutes.

My Strike Teams are now Levels 20, 20, 20, 19, 17 and 15.

1 hour ago, jstout said:

Dragon was providing all this insight into how every character works best, and my strategy can be summed up in two words: "shoot shit."

Dan and JT are way in the weeds with that stuff.

I am firmly in the "shoot shit" camp.

Maybe I will worry about it if I go to Gold but more likely I will be doing my I MUST FINISH EVERY WEAPON AND POWER CHALLENGE!!!!

Shirtless Liam is even more uncomfortable when you are playing as a female who isn't interested in him

And I found it interesting that the first "flirt" icon with Jaal isn't a heart

The Krogan headbutt frustrates me because it seems like I actually headbutt in the direction I want to headbutt about once out of  every three times. The other two times, I headbutt in some random direction while some dog gnaws my arm off.

Hey Sara, hello Scott,

please note that the hotfix was just pushed out, here's the notes:

Fixed issue where server would auto disconnect when sending strike teams on APEX missions.
Fixed a crash on UNC Outlaw when nearing outpost of signal source. (Kadara S.O.S.)
The Athletic Casual Outfit will now unlock for all entitled players (Deluxe edition content)
Fixed an issue which prevented completion of the Nomad upgrades / Shield Crafting quest. Please travel back to the Tempest in order to trigger completion.

PC only:

Fixed a HUD issue where some large non-standard resolutions would have elements centered in the middle of the screen

If you should encounter any more issues, feel free to let us know in the Bug Report section.

Save traveling, Pathfinders.

Splitting play time between two Krogans (the Engineer and the Vanguard) got me another level one bonus stat, when they were 14 and 15. And I'm close to a fourth from my Asari Adept (and one bronze match with a Salarian Infiltrator that confirmed once more that Sniping isn't really my thing). Really should start playing a Soldier to work towards the other bonus as well, but I'm waiting for a proper Assault Rifle with autofire. My best Rifles right now are the Mattock and the Zalkin, which fire once per button press (well, the Zalkin can charge up a three shot pulse, but if you're going with Overdrive, you want something that's as close to a Minigun as possible, right?).

Managed to do the Silver Apex mission in the Vault twice. It was a lot tougher with the Asari, because it's hard to get away from Observers and she can't absorb damage the way the Krogan can.

Hard-fought APEX Silver battle with the Kett. We tough it out to wave 7 and get to extraction. It says we partially extracted. I'm like "DAMMIT, WHO DIDN'T GET TO THE EXTRACTION, WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THIS?" until the scoring screen comes up and it was me who didn't extract. I was in the zone, but I must've been just outside it at the end while trying to hug cover.

I felt like sending an apologies card to my teammates.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:34 AM, AxB said:

Also, Fortification slows you down, whereas Charge gets you places quickly.

You can take Mobility for Fortify to nullify the Movement / Sprint penalties.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:34 AM, AxB said:

I think the art of using the Krogan Vanguard at the top skill level is in timing the Fortification Purge explosion to get loads of kills.

Yep.  Having Nova as a separate power is somewhat redundant for the new KroGuard.  You can use Mission Funds to pay for a respec at the Item Store and take Fortify, Charge, and your Passives all the way to Level 6.

Take Mobility for Fortify 4 to remove the movement penalties and Purge for Fortify 6 and use the detonation of your power field as your "Nova" following your Charge. 

Spec your passives to favor better power recharge times to shorten the re-armor time cooldown for Fortify after your offensive purge and speed up your ability to Charge in order to keep your barrier up to par.

I made the mistake of poking around the Bioware forums trying to find more info out about whether or not their will be DLC

Shocker - it is just lots of yelling at each other over which group of fans' fault it is.

But the one thing I saw is that supposedly Cora's voice actor made a comment somewhere about recording more dialogue for Cora last week

So yeah... I am just going to be even sadder

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I made the mistake of poking around the Bioware forums trying to find more info out about whether or not their will be DLC

And you keep saying that I am the glutton for punishment.

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

But the one thing I saw is that supposedly Cora's voice actor made a comment somewhere about recording more dialogue for Cora last week

So yeah... I am just going to be even sadder

Yep, rumor is that Bioware is calling back some voice actors and some of the mo-cap people for extra sessions.

Doesn't necessarily mean that that we will get quality DLC though.  We'll expect Citadel, Lair of the Shadow Broker, or Bring Down The Sky and end up getting Leviathan or Pinnacle Station.

Honestly - at this point I just want some closure on some of the stories

Since I am no longer expecting a sequel or at least not one in my lifetime - I just would like some more answers

They did leave a few too many things hanging. At the end of Mass Effect 1, there's only really one cliffhanger, the Reapers are coming eventually (but we've delayed them, and can now prepare). Whereas there's a whole bunch of unfinished storylines at the end of Andromeda. Which I was going to list until I realised not everyone's finished it yet.

I'm guessing there will be at least one DLC though, the one that will bring a whole host of new (or, for that matter, old) characters to multiplayer.