DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Just now, J.T. said:

No, it is not a race. 

I am just being made fun of because I am extremely meticulous when it comes to role playing games and I am easily distracted by nearly all side missions.

I am super meticulous too

I mean my first playthrough clocked in around 115 hours

JT's problem is he loses a lot of availability due to outside factors... and looking at weapon specs

These games always manage to hit the shelves when the training schedule for deploying US Army units is at its most insane. 

Even during peace time, readiness drills are always going on at a hectic pace and the organization I work for provides all of the computer sim exercises for all US Army logistics units (supply, maintenance, ordinance, etc.).

I hate the shit that comes out in August... right in time for Ulchi Focus Guardian aka the month and a half I spend on graveyard shift.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

This is within the realm of possibility.

Phil and I speculated that one or both of us might finish our second playthrough before you finish your first. 

I hoped back on to try and finally get a background, but did not. However, i did open a premium pack and get the turian agent. 

27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

No, it is not a race. 

I am just being made fun of because I am extremely meticulous when it comes to role playing games and I am easily distracted by nearly all side missions.

And discussions about end tables, bar stools and rugs. 

Got on for a few runs at silver last night.  Really like the changes they made to balance things out.  Now I just need to get better guns.  My Asari Sentinel now feels pretty decent after the changes, and now that I've kinda figured out how to use her.  Tech explosions for everybody.

Every match I ran except the last was outlaws.  The last was Kett.  I died at least once on every match except the Kett match.

Got the remaining two uncommons to X, and got one or two weapons there as well.

I got annoyed enough with randoms last night to intentionally fail extraction in the last outlaws match.  Got down to about 15 seconds left and got popped just as I got into the extraction zone.  Everybody else was already there, and none of em bothered to revive me.  I got a little annoyed by that, considering I had already got a revive medal saving their sorry asses earlier.  Could've used a revive pack, but I figured if they weren't gonna help out then screw it.

Matches are definitely speedier now at least on Bronze so that is nice

Did feel bad for melraz because for some reason he didn't get that free pack that seems to have come from buying the Deluxe Edition

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

We marked the fuck out last night for the crate vs. crepe discussion

She needs to get a new phone because it is complete garbage and belongs in a tar pit. 

I love my woman but her frugality is bordering on being miserly.

Naturally it is okay for me to spend a shit ton of money to get her a new Samsung, even after I bothered to upgrade my antiquated phone months ago out of my own pocket and still manage to contribute to the communal furniture fund..

I honestly believe she has put cheaterware on my phone and can remotely access the speaker or the camera or she has a crystal ball with a "Let's Bother JT!!!" setting.. 

She has the uncanny ability to phone me exactly when the heaviest firefight of the match begins or during a rather rough Challenge Wave.

She never calls during Wave 2 or 3.  It is always fucking during a Wave 6 Challenge or Wave 7 Extraction.

Either that or she calls me right before shit starts and I either hold up the group or try to talk while shooting which begins the "I don't have your undivided attention!!!" argument...

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

These games always manage to hit the shelves when the training schedule for deploying US Army units is at its most insane. 

Even during peace time, readiness drills are always going on at a hectic pace and the organization I work for provides all of the computer sim exercises for all US Army logistics units (supply, maintenance, ordinance, etc.).

I hate the shit that comes out in August... right in time for Ulchi Focus Guardian aka the month and a half I spend on graveyard shift.

UFG blows. At least it did on our end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

She needs to get a new phone because it is complete garbage and belongs in a tar pit. 

I love my woman but her frugality is bordering on being miserly.

Naturally it is okay for me to spend a shit ton of money to get her a new Samsung, even after I bothered to upgrade my antiquated phone months ago out of my own pocket and still manage to contribute to the communal furniture fund..

I honestly believe she has put cheaterware on my phone and can remotely access the speaker or the camera or she has a crystal ball with a "Let's Bother JT!!!" setting.. 

She has the uncanny ability to phone me exactly when the heaviest firefight of the match begins or during a rather rough Challenge Wave.

She never calls during Wave 2 or 3.  It is always fucking during a Wave 6 Challenge or Wave 7 Extraction.

Either that or she calls me right before shit starts and I either hold up the group or try to talk while shooting which begins the "I don't have your undivided attention!!!" argument...

If she calls you between 1900 and 2200, aren't the odds good you will be gaming? 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Matches are definitely speedier now at least on Bronze so that is nice

Did feel bad for melraz because for some reason he didn't get that free pack that seems to have come from buying the Deluxe Edition

Everybody talkin, hey I got this and that character, gun, etc... While I just got to pay an extra $10. 

I will get a little play time today unless I take the harley out before vacation. 

Im hoping it pops up when I sign back on. 

So that weird autosave error started happening to me again and ended up costing me my 2nd playthrough

Basically it started and I finally decided that I needed to figure out what was going on before I got stuck so once the shuttles crashed I quit out and loaded back in and - yup - no saves since yesterday

I have deleted a bunch of saves so I had plenty of room but yeah this is pissing me off

Me. On British time, so you'll need to get up early (or I'll have to stay up late). PSN name is in my sig.

Saw a couple new guns last night. Some silver spoon guy had both of em. One was a rifle the .22 cricket the other was a shotgun the new england single shot .410. DALM that cat was bad. I dont mean hey hey, hes new bad, I meana my daschund coulda gave this dude a run for his money bad. 

• Like 1

Finished the Data Trail assigned task and ran into two bugs.

• I combed Eos for at least two hours looking for the final Remnant Data Core and when I located it, it registered as if I'd already scanned it.  I had to reload my save THREE TIMES before the object loaded as scannable so that SAM would give me the final waypoint to the Remnant bunker.
  • I found all of the glyphs necessary to unlock the chest and eventually completed the mission after eliminating the Kett and locating the proper interface console, but now I have a (!) marker in my Journal that won't go away.  I have the same bug going on in my Inventory because one of my Nomad components (probably a paint job) is probably glitched.

Now that My Ryder is sporting three holsters, I'm rolling with an N7 Valiant (crafted), an N7 Hurricane (stock), and an N7 Eagle (crafted).  I need to check my specs to make sure I account for the added weight.  I wish that shotguns weren't so heavy because I'd cheerfully sub the N7 Piranha for the N7 Hurricane and stealth shotgun rush enemies like the old days.

On the co-op front, my Human Female Sentinel is 9th Level now, I did the Bronze APEX mission this morning with a few Euro randos and then got breakfast and came into work.  Only upgrades with the Expert pack (Indra III and Ishray II) I bought; no unlocks.

It looks like the Store only offers one piece of equipment per week now and it runs with an expiration timer.  I bought the Munitions Pack, used it with my Turian Havoc Trooper for a match, and have been very happy with it so far. 

It is the Soldier version of the Tech Package / Adaptive War Amp, so it is a fairly attractive equipment mod for those who love to spam Combat Powers with their Combat classes rather than rely on weapon damage buffs.

And yeah, it's Mother's Day weekend... 'nuff said..  My beautiful life partner wants crates... er... crepes... for her Mother's Day brunch dealie. 

I will receive some amnesty on Saturday night since we'll go out on Saturday night to the Greene Turtle so that I can catch UFC 211.

I'll probably be out of action until Monday evening since my kid should have a soccer game coming up that afternoon.

What the fuck do you have to do to get the Long Jump achievement?  I have jet jumped off of the cliff near Prodromos  where the Forward Station dozens of times and either I land safely after traveling a country mile but no unlock or everything fades to black and I teleport back to the FS with some obvious injury.

So I've been fooling aorund to see how the gun balance has changed with the update, and some thoughts.

Shotguns went from borderline unplayable as a group to pretty fucking great. My current grouping.

N7 Crusader 1: 700 damage per shot, 4 max clip size, lower weight then the vast majority of your Shotgun options, and, most importantly, is deadly at mid range, not just close. Went from a gun I felt was I was cheated as under my one Ultra Rare to an absolutely upper tier shotgun.

Hesh 1: Haven't explored with it yet, but it's higher weight, lower accuracy, but has a significantly higher rate of fire then the rest of my shotguns, and a 10 Max Clip size. Heard good things though.

Venom 2: Pre-patch, this gun was atrocious. Like, fucking awful. I just did a bronze with it to see if it's better now. I put up 22,000 points. Holy Fuck. It actually explodes when it hits things now, and hits things fucking hard.

Disciple 3: Higher Damage then you'd think, high rate of fire for Shotgun standards, low weight, 6 max clip size... I liked the Disciple before it got buffed a bit, so I think it's still a good bet.

Ruzad 4: Now we get into interesting territory. The Ruzad was pretty shit pre-patch. Not worst gun the game shit, but "not something you'd ever want to use on a Gold" shit. Now, it appears it flew past the Raptor as best Uncommon gun in the game. It's old damage per pellet was 98-123. It's now 171-215. Mine does 930 damage per shot, assuming all your pellets hit. It's lower weight then the Venom or Hesh. It's listed as having the most accuracy of any of my Shotguns. This is now this games Claymore, if the Claymore weighed a little less, had a higher clip size, and was more accurate. 

Katana X: Even the Katana right now is pretty good. 595 Damage per shot, 5 Max Clip Size, and only 20 weight. 

Every single one of these that I've played with have been pretty damned good. None are bad. Put one on your Vanguard, and don't just punch, cause you can kill a lot faster with your Shotgun now.

In non Shotgun news

The Hornet is pretty freaking sweet on Silver, but didn't feel huge to me on gold.

Halberd went from a joke to a better version of teh Mattock, and the Mattock got buffed to "pretty good". Halberd is probably my best AR right now, depening on how you like the Falcon.

As much as it pains me to say this... I'm still going ot give the Zalkin a shot today. I'm not expecting it to be good, just hoping it isn't flaming garbage.

Odd that you found most shotguns to be underwhelming.  I'm not fond of most of them in Campaign Mode except for the N7 Piranha, but most shotguns seemed to perform satisfactory in co-op.

I especially found the Katana modded with the melee enhancer and smart choke to be ridiculous, especially in the hands of a Vanguard. 

The Bronze APEX mission I ran this morning had a shotgun buff stip attached to it and my Human Female Sentinel was able to one shot Kett Wraiths with the Katana IX..

Most of the Krogan players I've seen run with the Hesh.  I've barely seen any Krogan with Ruzads.

It was with almost all characters much easier to kill enemies with Melee in Co-Op then Shotguns in close range. I could do more damage with a Biotic Punch then a Crusader in the same time period with my Human Adept, for instance. Basically, you couldn't actually kill things fast enough with a Shotgun to actually play at higher levels in close range. I've tried using a Disciple, which was one of the better Shotguns going pre-patch, on a Gold, and you just couldn't do enough damage quickly enough to warrant using it there.

33 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

It was with almost all characters much easier to kill enemies with Melee in Co-Op then Shotguns in close range. I could do more damage with a Biotic Punch then a Crusader in the same time period with my Human Adept, for instance.

The N7 Crusader fires a slug rather than a shot package and it is as wildly inaccurate in this game as it was in ME3.  If your targeting reticule isn't dead on, you'll miss your shot most of the time. 

The trade-off being that the N7 Crusader has the benefit of being able to hit things at range and the Smart Choke turned it into a no scope Widow in ME3.

It also does not help that melee combat is hilariously overpowered in this game.  I can kill things faster with an Omni-Blade than I can with a mid-range shotgun blast or pistol fire.

33 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

.I've tried using a Disciple, which was one of the better Shotguns going pre-patch, on a Gold, and you just couldn't do enough damage quickly enough to warrant using it there.

I liked using the Disciple in ME3, but it was almost the same principle as the N7 Crusader. 

The shot package is so tight naturally that you may as well be firing a slug, but you don't have the luxury of the distance that an N7 Crusader will give you, however the Disciple had a fairly high ROF so you could quickly kill something at close to point blank range.

Problem was that you had to fire all of your shots to do it, but at least the reload time was fairly short. 

The other cool thing about the ME3 Disciple was that it fired eezo pellets and it was also fairly light for its class, so you got bonus damage to enemy Biotic barriers and most Asari classes could pack one without angsting about cooldown loss. 

It was the perfect ME3 weapon for the Justicar Adept (duh!), the Valkryie Sentinel, and the Vanguard.

The bad and ugly of the Disciple was the same as the N7 Crusader.  If you want to hit something, you HAD to use the iron sights.  Those were not hip fire shottys like the Katana, the Wraith, the Eviscertor or the Graal Spike Thrower.

3 hours ago, melraz09 said:

Saw a couple new guns last night. Some silver spoon guy had both of em. One was a rifle the .22 cricket the other was a shotgun the new england single shot .410. DALM that cat was bad. I dont mean hey hey, hes new bad, I meana my daschund coulda gave this dude a run for his money bad. 

Any of our dogs woulda been better than that guy.  At least they wouldn't have picked up the retrieval object and then wandered around the map aimlessly for 2 minutes while we tried to figure out how to get the outlaws to kill em.  

• Like 2