DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Soooo many damn ascendants last night.  

They really need to rebalance the enemies for MP.  Outlaws are ridiculously easy at bronze.  Kett can be a nightmare at the same level, especially if you get assassinations at level 6.  The only bronze match we failed last night was that exact scenario.  Two of the four targets were ascendants.  At the end it was down to me vs. two ascendants and a fiend.

Got my Asari adept to level 20.  Now I gotta figure out who to go with next.  Ran a few matches with the Krogan merc, Krogan vanguard and Asari sentinel.  I gotta figure out how those guys work so I can really get into em.  Problem is, when I play with anything but that damn adept I miss my purple death field and endless biotic explosions.

Biggest problem last night - some asshole kept stealing all my kills.

• Like 3

To be fair to our massive MP skills, the only bronze match we failed was when 3/4ths of us were screwing around with low-level characters, trying different crap.

Silver, on the other hand ... "Damn you! Die already!" The shotgun that wrecks things in Bronze was a peashooter in Silver.

Man, last night was an incredible amount of fun. Great to have J.T. along, been too long.

• Like 3

The little bit I played last weekend kett & outlaws weren't so bad at bronze. It was Remnant that were hard since some of those missions 3 Destroyers would pop up. I find those worse than Ascendant seeing as they are constantly firing at you and have both shields and armor. Two or three at once is just bullshit.

Robert, I know the feeling man. I would be fighting it out and next thing i know some glowing orbed ass monkey would just walk by and steal several kills. 

Man I wish i didn't hafta work tonight. That was good stuff. JT needs to stay on this schedule. 

Thanks stout for takin a Basket Ball break my brother. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jstout said:

That's when you cower on a corner and wait for your teammates to take care of them. Works for me!

Whenever I run into Destroyers, Hydra, or Fiends I start looking at what wave I'm only and how many Cobras I have. No one else seems to use cobras. It would have made those damn matches a lot easier if they had.

Destroyers and Hydra's don't bug me because I've never been insta-killed by either.  They're both pretty slow and more than willing to get shot to pieces.  Also, RPGs work nicely on both.  

The damn Kett have Fiends and Ascendants, both of can and will insta-kill you.  Fiends are susceptible to RPGs, but ascendants not so much.  Plus both will make surprisingly quick jumps at you, especially in tight quarters.

The thing I find challenging about the Remnant is the Observers.  Damn things make you have to think in three dimensions more than anything else does.  They're also not afraid to shoot you from across the map.

I get so many RPGs that I'm not at all afraid to use em.  I must've used at least 10 last night, and I think I probably ended the night with more than I started.

• Like 1

It was good to run with the Horsemen again and have them laugh and laugh at my frustration.

Things would've run a bit better if I hadn't insisted on playing an Engineer so that I could farm construct kills, especially since neither Robert nor Melraz would allow my fucking turret to shoot anything. 

I finally unlocked the Mastermind achievement at four thirty in the fucking morning.  EST.

Kett are definitely the ME3 Collectors for this game.   Soooo much fucking harder than they should be.

I unlocked the Asari Sentinel last night as well as upgraded a few of my Common and Uncommon guns.  I made a pathetic attempt to run as said Asari Sentinel and found that I have a lot to learn about what makes them tick.

My new favorite thing is to play as my Kineticist and try to launch enemies completely off of the map with the catapult Pull / Throw move.

Same thing goes for tonight.  I should bounce off of shift around 11:30 PM and should be at the XB1 around Midnight.  I will make sure to stay well caffeinated at work just in case the shit goes down.

I think I may give my Angaran Insurgent a go tonight if I am feeling brave.  I may even start using my Zalkin with the Insurgent so that I can start to get a feel for the charged weapons in this game..

• Like 1

As for Campaign mode.  I reverted to an earlier save so that I can try to clean up Eos a bit more before moving on to Voeld.

There are like three or four (!)'s on my map and I got the Botany assignment from the snooty "gardener scientist" when I went back to the Nexus to chat with Kesh about Spender.

So now that the gamma count has subsided a bit, I can try to gather these mineral and plant samples, scan some local wildlife without dying of radiation sickness. and locate this Kett speciallist that Majordomo Bell-Scott was talking about.

I also think I need to talk to Podromos's chief scientist about something.

There as sooooo many broken dialogue triggers that are still in the game.  I wish Cora would stop asking me to investigate the corpse near the entrance of Site 2.  I've already scanned the dead dude.

If Gil and Kallo don't stop arguing, I'm going to beat the shit out of both of them.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Minerals and plant samples span multiple planets so don't think you are going to be finishing it just on Eos

Oh, I know.  There are like two fucking species of critters on Eos, so I am under no illusions that the cluster spanning Initiative science team fetch this / scan that assignments will be completed on one planet.

I just want to clear the map of as many quest markers as possible.

It would also be nice to thin out my Journal a bit.

Just now, J.T. said:

I just want to clear the map of as many quest markers as possible.

Oh trust me - I know that feeling

But considering you will be send back to planets at least a half a dozen times...

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh trust me - I know that feeling

But considering you will be send back to planets at least a half a dozen times...

I am sure that I will get fucked over and encounter more Rad 2 zones as I push towards the edges of the map on Eos and they won't clear up until i go do shit to push the main campaign story forward.

Is anyone else running into a glitch where you craft a mod for the Nomad and you get a (!) marker in the Equipment section of your menu that doesn't go away?

I tried to craft the Glide Mode mod for my Nomad and got the unremovable marker, so I reverted back to a previous save.  I'm assuming that there is probably a broken assignment somewhere that involves crafting upgrades for the Nomad, and I haven't found it yet.

As i said the other day, one of my leftover tasks after finishing was some R&D thing for the Nomad i missed somewhere.

--

Think i might restart my 2nd playthrough as i missed stuff on habitat 7 and am not totally happy with how my new Ryder looks. 

How did you miss stuff on Habitat 7?  Nearly all Points Of Interest are marked on the map for you including The Mysterious Cave and the crashed Kett shuttle craft.

Don't forget to use the large boxes to climb to the top floor of the abandoned Kett research facility (the one near the lighting rods where you fight your first Remnant Assembler) to scan the corpses and find another container..

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

How did you miss stuff on Habitat 7?  Nearly all Points Of Interest are marked on the map for you including The Mysterious Cave and the crashed Kett shuttle craft.

Don't forget to use the containers to climb to the top floor of the abandoned Kett research facility (the one near the lighting rods where you fight your first Remnant Assembler) to scan the corpses and find another container..

I did things in wrong order, so didnt do some of the side quests before going to coras shuttle. I think i mainly just want to redo my Ryder. I went no make up at all and she is stark looking in closeup. Want to tweak and im not too far into the game to restart. 

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Honestly the best perk I might have picked was the one that shows all the container locations

I also chose to defrost the Recon guys first.

The gear in the not so secret caches levels as your character does, so don't open them all at once. 

Save a few for when you're uber.

If you get trade fodder, you can still shred it for crafting materials (I am always short on Platinum and Eezo...) or sell it for creds if you are hard up for money... which most likely you won't be at that point.

20 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I did things in wrong order, so didnt do some of the side quests before going to coras shuttle.

Well, there is no wrong order per se, but it is a bit weird that if you start exploring the left side of the Habitat 7 map first (ie. heading towards the area where the other half of your shuttle is), you run into the Kett facility where you first encounter Remnant Assemblers and if you backtrack and head towards the Cave and the crashed Kett shuttle, there is a small alcove with two loot containers where you spot an Observer.

Ryder refers to it as "some kind of flying thing" and Liam says something about "adding that to the number of things about the planet that they don't understand"......

.... but you should already understand a little bit since you've previously encountered alien robots on this planet, right? 

The more I play the game, the more it occurs to me that the person that developed the dialogue trees and the devs responsible for the broken dialogue cues into the game need to have their collective asses kicked.

There is weird dialogue like that throughout the game

Like one character refers to me as having defeated an architect on a planet that I just arrived on

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Like one character refers to me as having defeated an architect on a planet that I just arrived on

I finished part two of my interview with Keri and then repeated myself out loud when I was walking through the Docking Bay on my way to Hydroponics to talk down the protesters after chatting with the militia..

Speaking of the militia members in the docking bay, why can't Jonesy be one of my multiplayer APEX peeps?

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I had the opposite problem.  They wanted me to kill one that was already dead.

27 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I had the opposite problem.  They wanted me to kill one that was already dead.

More than enough reason for me to justify another solid playthrough if a patch ever arrives to fix the dialogue bugs.