DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

MP worked a lot better after Dan and I joined up.  Two things I learned last night

1 - I don't like the Turian soldier.  I need to give him another try at some point though.  I think getting fortification right might make him pretty good.

2 - I really like the Asari adept.  Annihilation is just insane after Dan helped me figure it out.  Feels weird having an Asari who has to get up close and personal with enemies, but is sure as shit works. 

Things I learned in MEA multiplayer yesterday:

1 I may be crazy for not putting any points into Singularity for my Human Adept. But Pullwaving is just so fun.

2 Upgrades go up to 10 now. So that will slow my buying everything speed a tad.

3 In the most stunning news of all, the Disciple isn't shit. My favorite Shotgun I've unlocked so far. Decent play on Vanguard builds.

Okay - I guess I need to go to the spot where the transponder dealie told me the Archon was as I think I need to get past that to finish some of these side quest

I mean I finished all the outpost so on some levels I feel like I'm just dragging my heels

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I have no idea how you are supposed to get both "secrets" in the Eladeen vault without dying.

I got one and then made the console and the purification field was on top of me

You mean the bonus 5x5 soduku vault that i most of us missed the first time? 

I found it, but I had to cheat to solve it. Also you're supposed to solve it before the you activate the purification field.

Finally tried out multiplayer last night. It feels both quicker and harder than MP for ME3. So far I've only done a half a dozen or so missions. Only 2-3 of were them successful with one of them being one where I came in at the end of Wave 6. Is there a way to tell if a game is already in process because I hate jumping in on those. I feel bad when I do and its situations like the one I mentioned earlier.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

You mean the bonus 5x5 soduku vault that i most of us missed the first time? 

No I solved the 5x5 before doing it

I am talking about the two chests that were behind fields that only unlocked after starting the purification field

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

No I solved the 5x5 before doing it

I am talking about the two chests that were behind fields that only unlocked after starting the purification field

Oh. I madr sure to grab those since i kept falling dowm next to the one shielded one when i was trying to figure out that room. 

30 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Which one did you go with there?

Spoiler

Saved the Salarians

I am positive that I will have to now fight the Krogan super soldiers later

Oh and also Drack is pissed at me

Reveal hidden contents

Saved the Salarians

I am positive that I will have to now fight the Krogan super soldiers later

Oh and also Drack is pissed at me

I have to ask why on this one.

Spoiler

Every choice I had made in the game had been pro-Krogan so it was partly a "Okay - you can spare like 5 scouts"

Plus - I really wanted the Salarian Pathfinder on the Nexus (granted I am sure there would have been a replacement)

I also gambled on the fact that since I had already done Drack's loyalty mission that I would be able to talk him down afterwards (since this was a Bioware game - I knew I was going to get the confrontation)

Now - if I had Drack will me in my party, I probably would have picked going after the Krogans. Especially after Jaal was all "Drack is NOT going to be happy"

Hide contents

Every choice I had made in the game had been pro-Krogan so it was partly a "Okay - you can spare like 5 scouts"

Plus - I really wanted the Salarian Pathfinder on the Nexus (granted I am sure there would have been a replacement)

I also gambled on the fact that since I had already done Drack's loyalty mission that I would be able to talk him down afterwards (since this was a Bioware game - I knew I was going to get the confrontation)

Now - if I had Drack will me in my party, I probably would have picked going after the Krogans. Especially after Jaal was all "Drack is NOT going to be happy"

Spoiler

I went the opposite way on that one.  I wanted no part of more exalted Krogan kicking the shit out of me.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

The thing is this might be one of those decisions that is bigger than your companion being pissed off at you for a little bit. The Salarians were already saved. All you really are doing is rescuing the Pathfinder which is a role meant to be replaceable (and yes, she is replaced). By leaving the Scouts there you have given the kett what they need to exalt the smallest but most dangerous species fighting them. This is the type of thing that could very well screw up future alliances with the Krogan depending on how Bioware plays it. For all intents and purposes you have possible given the kett the key to commit genocide on what could possibly be one of your strongest allies in the long war ahead against the kett.

Of course I could wrong and everything is fine in the future.

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

I had Drack in my party while I did that mission. So, you can guess what I chose.

I would have made the same choice, but yeah, that made it even easier. I didn't even realize that was coming so that was a hard put on the spot moment.

Spoiler

I had Drack in my party AND chose the Salarians. He was not happy. Mainly chose that so I could have the Salarian Pathfinder in the final fight. 

Next playthrough, I will pick the Krogans. And kill Peebee's Rival. And let that chick stay the Asari Pathfinder. And destroy the temple like the Moesha wanted.

If i can stay up tonight I'll be on multiplayer. Had to get up early this am though so its a big if. 

I like the turian soldier. Hit right bumper then left + right bumper and that bastard is a beast. Hellova gun damage bonus. Take down the big bad bosses quick dude. Cant move quick with the left bumper press but man its worth it. Can turn it off by pressing it again. 

Drack can go suck eggs.  I did everything to help him and his family.  I supported him and Kesh.  I exposed the anti-Krogan traitor in the Nexus.  I saved the seeds and Kesh's boyfriend.  I dissolved the conflict at New Tuchanka.  The Nakmor scouts were doing their job.  Not my fault they got caught.  I wasn't going to let another Pathfinder die on my watch.  We'd already lost almost all the other original Pathfinders.  I'd gone out of my way to forge and prove my friendship with Drack.  He can at least sympathize with the fact that I was faced with a tough choice and I couldn't save everyone.  So the attitude he was giving me, I wanted a dialogue option that said, "Fuck you Drack, look at everything I've done to help you entire game.  The Krogan are much stronger because of me.  You should be kissing and licking my fucking boots and saying YOU ARE MORE KROGAN THAN ME!"

Spoiler

I get what you're saying, but the Pathfinders are replaceable. There are way less Krogan in Andromeda than any other species. And leaving those scouts there could actually endanger the entire species and really everyone else down the line.

Also remember not everyone has gotten as far as you.

53 minutes ago, melraz09 said:

If i can stay up tonight I'll be on multiplayer. Had to get up early this am though so its a big if. 

I like the turian soldier. Hit right bumper then left + right bumper and that bastard is a beast. Hellova gun damage bonus. Take down the big bad bosses quick dude. Cant move quick with the left bumper press but man its worth it. Can turn it off by pressing it again. 

I'll be on at some point, just don't know when. I'm doing the single dad thing tonight (so I can avoid watching Phantom of the Opera), so it just depends on when little man goes to sleep.  About to take him to the playground to run some of this energy off.

• Like 1