DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I technically haven't finished it yet but I plan on 

Reveal hidden contents

lying

Spoiler

About what specifically? When I talked to her her, I managed to get her to not give completely up on outsiders, particularly Rorik who did care for her. She reacted pretty well to that though she still wanted me to lie about the specifics of what happened to her so Rorik wouldn't feel guilty. Told him the truth and he reacted surprisingly well.

*sigh*

Time to go and find more minerals so that I can develop this fucking improved All Wheel Drive system and not spin out every time I make a hard turn or try to climb a 70 degree grade on fucking Ice Planet Voeld..

I have to start remembering to snipe while I am hovering.  I'm way behind on the kill dudes while using your jump jets achievement.

Something was really weird with MP early this morning. 

I crashed to XB1 Home several times while trying to get into a quick match and on my last try, I showed up in the game stripped of my load out (no powers and the Avenger / Predator combo rather than my Mattock / Phalanx set) so I had to quit the mission.

God was telling me to quit goofing off and get to work I suppose.

Got on multiplayer this mornin to make a few quick runs. 

While on sandstorm we flew to wave 6 and got the assassinate targets. First target went down quickly. Second target was a destroyer. I hit the turbo chage and go to bustin his ass with the vanquisher (great great gun, thanks for tellin me to use it dan). Another target pops up cant remember if it was the next or last or somewhere in between. Its underneath so i jump down and 3 destroyers are all side by side. Dont give a dalm how good the vanquisher is. It was time for a rpg nukefest. I dont think to use those things that often but that was my first thought when i dropped down and stared at death. The cobra makes you stare at death, laugh and then bring the death to death bringers.

• Like 3

The only bummer about the cobra's is Robert informing us that it only takes down the glowing orb and not fucking everyone in a 4 block radius when the Ascendant dude is around

• Like 1

Shotguns are ridiculously overpowered in this game.  Last night before crashing for the night, I ran a quick match with my Male Human Sentinel and used the Katana IV with a Receiver mod and a Smart Choke mod. 

Even the basic shotguns are a lot more face wrecking in this game than in ME3 multiplayer. 

The game needs to give me a Krogan Gladiator, a Krogan Hammer and a Ruzad so I can run around clubberin' fools and then shooting them in the face at point blank range.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The only bummer about the cobra's is Robert informing us that it only takes down the glowing orb and not fucking everyone in a 4 block radius when the Ascendant dude is around

I've seen that happen before.  No idea why. 

I assumed that the Remnant would be the ME3 Collectors of Andromeda multiplayer, but my most difficult co-op matches have been against the Kett. 

The first time I was in a match against the Kett, the entire team wiped during a hack on Wave 6.  Ascendant kept porting into the hack zone and taking out everyone's shields and then a Fiend charged in and started pounding people into strawberry jam..

• Like 1

Finally got my human soldier to level 20 last night.  Weird I've discovered that the starter Charger seems to be my best gun, at least for the way I play.  Range is crap, but I've had really good luck taking out Hydras and Destroyers from close range with the thing.  Did get a Widow last night, and I've got a couple possibly decent shotguns, so really need to branch out from my standard AR/pistol setup.  For now I just stick to the AR for levels 1-4, then switch to the charger when things start getting in close.

Ran into my first bugged MP session.  It was on a strike team mission some poor guy launched.  Pretty much everything was behaving weirdly.  Two guys seemingly could not move for round 1.  I would frequently get stuck on nothing.  Powers didn't work at all for me after round 3.  Enemies would not die when their health got to 0.  They would just sit there with empty health bars for about 30 seconds, absorbing more shots, then just disappear.  All my revive packs disappeared, and never came back.  Never been so glad to fail a mission, just so I could get out of there.  Fortunately everything went back to normal after that, aside from my revive packs apparently being gone for good.

• Like 2

I encountered a lot of weird buggy shit this morning when I tried to engage in some multiplayer.

I will try to jump on later tonight if my woman does not demand quality time.

• Like 1

One of the things i still need to do is one of the Nomad customizations from the R&D station. But there  is nothing left in my station. 

I wonder how to get what i need. 

I also have to do stupid things like finish the little mouse task, and scan bodies and acquire kett devices. 

Sounds like a lot of work for not much reward.

yes, i am procrastinating starting my second playthrough. 

• Like 1

As I slowly drag my ass through this game significantly slower than everyone else, had one of my first major decisions when I went back to the Nexus to resolve the Nilken case.

Spoiler

I made the decision to exile him anyway. Like someone said earlier in the thread, yeah, he didn't kill the guy, but. . .well, he tried to kill him, and he damn sure thought he killed him, and trying to kill someone still isn't a positive or anything, so he gone.

Will try to plow through more of the game over the next few days until my household goods show up (after three months of waiting) and I get fully engulfed by the NFL Draft for three days.

• Like 2

Been playing a lot of multiplayer these last few days. Got my Female Vanguard at X now, and most of my human characters are catching up with her. All my bronze guns are X now, so going in the right direction. Getting comfortable on Silver now, which is helping the bronze unlock speed. Once I've gotten everything I want from Basic packs, will be moving on to unlocking everything from Advanced.

... That said, would really like the Krogan Vanguard at SOME point game.

30 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Been playing a lot of multiplayer these last few days. Got my Female Vanguard at X now, and most of my human characters are catching up with her. All my bronze guns are X now, so going in the right direction. Getting comfortable on Silver now, which is helping the bronze unlock speed. Once I've gotten everything I want from Basic packs, will be moving on to unlocking everything from Advanced.

... That said, would really like the Krogan Vanguard at SOME point game.

I say something, it's in literally my next pack. 

15 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I tried to do little mouse earlier, but setting the quest marker does not reveal any of the bases where the datapads are. Apparently, they are random placed at outlaw bases. Grrr. 

Yep, some of the Tasks missions are just like this. I've found at least three or four on Voeld. They aren't bugged, they are just poorly thought out design wise.

Had back to back fuck you matches with randoms.

Match 1:  get to the extraction point with about 30 seconds left.  revive a teammate in the middle of the zone.  get killed a few seconds later.  both teammates that are sitting right next to me, including the one I just fucking revived, do nothing.  I have no revive packs and die just before time expires.  Thanks assholes.

Match 2:  Everything goes well till level 7.  Realize I need to get to the extraction point when the clock hits about 25 seconds.  Get just outside the extraction zone with about 10 seconds left.  Game crashes back to xbox home.  Thanks asshole game.

Sometimes you know the game is just messing with you. I'm starting to get my characters up to level X, except the Female Human Sentinal, arguably my "best" character, who I have up to level 14.

For what I'm playing a lot right now

Human Sentinal: Level 14

Asari Adept: Level 11

Human Vanguard: Level 10

Human Adept: Level 7

Human Soldier: Level 6

Krogan Engineer: Level 5

Angara Insurgent: Level 4

I'd love to add more tech skills into my run through, but the Engineer and Infiltrator builds are just so... meh.

I have no idea how you are supposed to get both "secrets" in the Eladeen vault without dying.

I got one and then made the console and the purification field was on top of me