DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

I will cheerfully trade my eight to ten hours of graveyard shift every night until April 11th in exchange for your oodles of afternoon game time so that I can get all caught up on my saving the galaxy duties.

If you want, you can also take this MCSA exam for me that I am studying for as long as I get to keep the certification when you pass.... if you pass....

I will be on regular schedule soon, so we'll still be getting the band back together for shits and giggles and Kett genocide in multiplayer. 

You and Mark will be able to find humor at my expense since you two will have way more co-op practice than me.

Phil and I have done MP exactly once so far. I think we are both more interesting in doing story mode first. 

Yeah we tend to be on at the same time in the evening when I can do the story because my wife is up

I lost a lot this weekend because of stupid wrestling

Glad they are fixing the lip syncing and dialogue bugs. Those were annoying me. The single player balances feel unnecessary, specifically the remnant decryption key stuff. I hate those damn puzzles, but I still do them when I can. And when I can't there is this lovely thing called the internet where I can just look up how to do them. I was kind of hoping they might give an idea of the first story dlc. Little disappointed about the lack of that one, but the bug are more important right now.

As far as I can tell, at least there's no penalty for failing other than "just" gaining XP.  I had an insane amount of Bronze crates to open once I finally logged back on to the game (After a moment of panic where my XBox wouldn't turn on and when pressing the on button it would just chime and do nothing.  Thankfully just an unplug did the trick) between my Strike Teams and the absurd amount of Loot on Havarl I collected today.  

So much R & D to do and 17 skill points to figure out where to put.  Right now I am loving my combo of Biotic Charge & Nova followed by Melle/Shotgun blast but I'm looking to add some Tech to the mix.  Flamethrower is really tempting, just because I got used to being a flameshooting machine in Skyrim.  Everything else has just gone in to Shotguns & Combat Fitness/Tools but it's time to start adding some fun destruction stuff to the mix.

I've got the APEX HQ app on my phone, too.  So far I just have the one Turian led Stealthy strike team and they have successfully completed two missions. 

I need to find out how to raise more Mission Funds in a more efficient manner so that I can properly equip the team.

Speaking of which, I dove into multiplayer today.  It's not as horrible as I have been led to believe, but it's not as intuitive as ME3 multiplayer. My Male Soldier and my Male Infiltrator (who really does look like a Star Wars bounty hunter) are now both up to Level 4. 

Things got better for me as a lowbie Infiltrator once I figured out that sniping was my secondary function and that my real job was to prime as many targets as possible with Incinerate so that the Soldier on the team could detonate Fire Explosions with his Concussive Shot.  Tactical Cloak was better saved for use as my Oh, Shit button / Get Out Of Jail Free card.

I completed the Tutorial mission (ACHIEVEMENT~!) and also finished up everything I needed to do in the Tutorial Challenge in order to get my free Advanced Pack.  

I had one more criteria to meet to complete the Tutorial Challenge, but I couldn't figure out for the life of me what the fuck a Mission Booster was until I looked online *slaps forehead* and saw that's what the devs are calling the one shot MP Mods these days. 

There have been a lot of changes to the lexicon since the last ME game.

I equipped a cheap Cryo Ammo booster and finished the challenge in the following Quick Match after firing one shot that didn't even hit anything.

The two maps I was on seem pretty balanced with cover, high ground, and low ground.  Spending so much time experimenting on Habitat 7 and getting hang of movement paid off because the devs definitely want you to use the jump jet system for evasion.  I nearly got my ass blown away several times in multiplayer while trying to dash for cover rather than jump jetting to safety.

Old ME3 Multiplayer habits are proving difficult to break, but I need to get on board with the new system because this one and the old ME3 dealie feel like two completely different things.

I was kinda hoping that the APEX strike I had to play for the Tutorial Challenge (I chose the Bronze ranked Distract The Raiders mission or somesuch nonsense) would be something scenario based, but the "APEX" concept just seems to be ME's version of a Halo "skull" where there is a liability put in place to challenge you..

I think our match had the Glass Jaw stip where enemy weapons did increased damage to our shields.

I only have three special non-starter weapons so far:  the Talon shotty pistol, the Incisor sniper rifle, and the SMG that used to be the M-9 Tempest until they changed the name because the ship is now named The Tempest.

In addition to the Turian Soldier and the Angaran Insurgent, the Gaming Gods of Mass Effect renewed their hatred for me and gave me the Kineticist as my Gold character rather than a proper Krogan, since the Ether knows that I am fairly shit at being a true Biotic. 

Thanks to ME3 co-op, I already know better than to equip the Kineticist with more than one weapon (I'll probably use TAFKA Tempest or the Talon) in order to keep her cooldown time to near zero which will allow me to cause Biotic Explosions nearly at will.

Either characters are more squishy or the days of players like HiTecWise are gone (maybe both), because I spent a lot of time cloaking and reviving people playing Krogans and mother fuckers hate using consumables as they ever did.

And forget about tactics when you're rolling with randoms.  The concepts of cover and suppression fire are alien to this new co-op generation, so the Device challenge waves I was in today were rather nightmarish.  Folks treat every wave like it was a Survival wave.

I noticed that the Cobra rocket launcher system is now a charged Omni-Tool dealie.  Can't say I'm a fan, but I hopefully we got back the security of a last resort weapon without the annoying infinite rocket glitch that came with it.

If you are playing MP and are on the XB1 crew, drop me an invite if you see me online.

And aw, Lani aka the pilot of the Hyperion was from Mindoir and her family died during the Batarian slaver raid. :(

FYI, if you find yourself in need of element zero, you can buy it from the mineral merchant on Aya. Apparently,  its "expensive," but i think i had like 29,000 credits. 

I had to do that to finish some of my R&D projects. 

Speaking of the Architect, I was on Kadara and doing a side quest to discover a missing person, and lo and behold that side quest led me straight to that fucking architect.  After fighting it on Voeld, as soon I saw saw that fucking snake flying around in the sky, I was just like nope and booked it the hell out of there.  Even Goblin Slayer knows when he can't win an open fight against a Goblin Lord and his whole horde on his own.

I hated the Architect fight.  I'm not going into that fight again unless I have some blazing weapons to nerf it.

Failed another one this morning - this time I notice the message -10 intelligence

So I don't know if that meant I was just short that stat for the mission or if that was my punishment of some form

Well, I decided I wanted to colonise Kadara before I went off into the galaxy to do other things, so I went and did the Vault, did as many side quests as possible (nb: All of them*), but it's still not letting me activate the settlement site. Apparently as part of the main Kadara storyline I have to "Work with Reyes". But I don't knowwhere he's gone and I can't find him anywhere. Not in the port, not in the slums, not in the Badlands.

* There's a mind control deal in the middle of nowhere. And when you track it down, you find a letter from

Spoiler

The Illusive man, telling them their research is unethical and they're fired from Cerberus.

Which hopefully is the end of anything to do with that.

EDIT TO ADD: If you fail strike team missions, you can get negative traits for your teams, the same way passing them can get you positive ones. I've got one group of Elites, one group of Rugged Veterans, and one group of Berserkers.

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Well, I decided I wanted to colonise Kadara before I went off into the galaxy to do other things, so I went and did the Vault, did as many side quests as possible (nb: All of them*), but it's still not letting me activate the settlement site. Apparently as part of the main Kadara storyline I have to "Work with Reyes". But I don't knowwhere he's gone and I can't find him anywhere. Not in the port, not in the slums, not in the Badlands.

He is usually in the back room in the dive bar/strip joint in the slums. There may also be an e-mail on the ship from him. Check that.

I made the major mistake of going back to Eos for the first time since colonizing it.

"Ryder, I need someone to pick up my dry cleaning"

"Ryder, this absolutely, positively has to be there overnight. Can you handle it?"

1 hour ago, jstout said:

I made the major mistake of going back to Eos for the first time since colonizing it.

"Ryder, I need someone to pick up my dry cleaning"

"Ryder, this absolutely, positively has to be there overnight. Can you handle it?"

Can you find our missing miners?

• Like 1