DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

19 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Peebee tried to seduce me in the no-gravity escape pod and I said no.

ditto. saving myself for the wee lassie.

just did the vault on havarl. what a pain. took me forever to realize you needed to do the console in order.

ha. I just heard Jaal compare the Angarans to the Quarians.

19 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Peebee tried to seduce me in the no-gravity escape pod and I said no.

Dislike casual relationships? Dislike Peebee? Or Are you afraid it will lock you out of other relationships? You can continue the casual relationship her for a good while w/o it affecting other romantic relationships from my understanding.

29 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

just did the vault on havarl. what a pain. took me forever to realize you needed to do the console in order.

This is the exact thing I was doing that I told you I was trying to finish before RAW

Man - that is one Alien Soduku you don't want to fail but I approve of consoles that give me 2 skill points

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Dislike casual relationships? Dislike Peebee? Or Are you afraid it will lock you out of other relationships? You can continue the casual relationship her for a good while w/o it affecting other romantic relationships from my understanding.

I would say I dislike Peebee.  She should be grateful I'm letting her be a part of Team Awesome.  I rescued her from Eos and let her research all the Remnants she wants, and she still won't be straight with me.  She's also annoying.

• Like 1

I can see just disliking her though to be fair she actually is generally straight with you save for her secret project which is more about surprising you than anything else. Her issues are more commitment related like AxB mentioned lats page.

God, there are times when I hate the new squad system and loot system.. 

I found a Disciple in a loot container and got super pumped until I remembered that I cannot arm Cora with it.  I'm the only one that gets to use the exotic equipment while every one else (even the sole alien on my crew so far) runs around with Terran weapons.

Not being able to customize squad weapon load outs anymore makes me sad, but hopefully my squad's weapon damage is improving as my AVP Level goes up.  I assume that's the way it works now.

At least I got some new resources from the deconstruction that I can eventually use towards my Indra.

I am learning to like crafting since it looks like augmentations are the key to arsenal and armor improvement.  If I want more effective weapons, I'm going to have to make them so I better make my peace with the R&D system.

I really should start work on the electricity based SMG I want to put into production.  Death to Disruptor Ammo consumables!

I'm also getting the hang of death from above hoover attacks with firearms and dive bombing fools with my Omni-Blades, but I still need to work on aerial evasion. 

I damn near jetted my dumb ass off of a cliff while messing around with the suit thrusters.

I think this came up pages ago, but i just crafted a level 5 black widow sniper rifle. Also got an achievement for using a level 5 crafted weapon. 

Driving the Nomad on that moon sucks with its low gravity.

started a bunch of the squad loyalty quests before going to the rogue planet. Can we call it Mandipoor? 

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I didn't realize until the other day you can buy Console Override points. 

also, late to the discussion from the other day, but close-up of my Veronika Ryder 

ryder_zpsslvjqrsm.png

Her facial features are balanced very well..  What preset did you start off with? 

I'd maybe have shaved off a little of the cheekbones, but I've got no issues with them otherwise.  How very Silver Age Hollywood of you to set them so high.. ;)

Other than maybe taking in her jaw line a little and making her chin a little less broad, she's about as good of a female Ryder as I've seen online.

As for my critique of her digital cosmetics, that's way too much red lipstick and her cheeks are a tad too rosy.

Platinum blondes look better with cooler tones, so I'd have gone with perhaps a pink-ish coloring for the lips (with medium gloss so that her lips look moist, but not to the point where it looks like she eats spoonfuls of petroleum jelly)  and perhaps a silver, light greyish or steel blue eye shadow to accentuate her eyes. 

I'd have gone with a neutral blush to give her skin a little definition.  The reddish hue you have on her just telegraphs that she is has a pale complexion.

The finished look would roughly resemble something like this.

cec9da3b940174a6e6151548d3a1c5b9.jpg

Yes, I've read the make-up articles my kid suggested, because I an awesome father and I am comfortable enough in my machismo to discuss such things semi-seriously.

No, I am only good with Character Creator make-up.  No sane woman would allow me to come near her with an eyebrow pencil and lipstick.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

also, the black part of her hair is not there in the full body shot of her.  Then its all blonde.

How did you manage to give her Cruella De Vil hair?

I will need to tinker with that if I ever decide to build a female Ryder.  I was unaware you could get that much color variance with the hair styles.

My male Ryder's twin sister is a straight-up Chestnut Brown brunette. 

I'm kinda bummed that I spent about an hour working on her (coached by my daughter) and all that Sara has done for the past twenty game hours is lie there comatose in the med bay of the Hyperion.

I think it would be worse than that, actually.

So yeah at long last, Eos tomorrow after several failed attempts thanks to an uncooperative body clock and a supervisor that loves to have meetings for the sake of meetings.

Things being fucking batshit insane on the Korean peninsula don't help since we're in mid-exercise with 8th Army and the folks at O-San Air Base.

We're supposed to get off shift on time, so I will go home, grab breakfast and try to go into the recovery coma as soon as possible so that I can get some gaming done.

Oh, and kudos to the devs for reaching into the speculative fiction as fact bag and equipping the Tempest with a working hydroponics lab knowing that plants are not only a source of renewable food, they are also nature's best air scrubbers..

All good speculative future recognizes that air and water will become far more valuable commodities when humans try to make commercial use of extremely hostile environments.

There is a particularly awesome chapter in one of the novels in The Expanse series where Terran general discuss strategy against Martian colonies and one of the strategies involves using cyber attacks against Martian hydroponics labs in order to degrade the quality of the oxygen supply in the bio-domes..

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You two realize there is far more to this game than the character creator right?

I will cheerfully trade my eight to ten hours of graveyard shift every night until April 11th in exchange for your oodles of afternoon game time so that I can get all caught up on my saving the galaxy duties.

If you want, you can also take this MCSA exam for me that I am studying for as long as I get to keep the certification when you pass.... if you pass....

I will be on regular schedule soon, so we'll still be getting the band back together for shits and giggles and Kett genocide in multiplayer. 

You and Mark will be able to find humor at my expense since you two will have way more co-op practice than me.

22 minutes ago, Eivion said:

My hatred for Addison continues to grow after my most recent side mission. She is truly an amazingly incompetent pos.

In my brief gameplay, I have taken every opportunity to needle her. 

I hate her more than Tann right now because she stands to benefit the most politically from the settlements that will rise as a result of me nearly getting my ass shot off by the Kett every time I land on a potential colony world..

Her comical make up is also a source of great amusement given my recently acquired digital cosmetology skills.

I can only imagine what things will be like once I'm done with Eos.

I didn't realize until my buddy pointed out yesterday that there's an APEX HQ app for your phone where you can send out  Strike Teams & mess with all the MP skills and load outs.  I actually managed to level up yesterday just from gaining XP through my strike team.  

Makes it slightly better that I haven't had any time to play, because at least when I get back I'm gonna have tons of sweet Bronze & Silver loot boxes waiting for me.

APEX HQ has been very helpful for me.  I've just gotten my fifth strike team and I've gotten a couple to level 18.  It looks like I'll need to focus on getting equipment after I get my last strike team as I'm noticing the percentage for success on gold missions are always under 40% so far.