DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Everything in the game was saying "You have to have to have to go to Kadaara now". So I went to Havaarl instead. And now I'm done with there (for now) I think I'll stop off on Aya for a bit before I go to Kadaara.

I was going with Incinerate/ Overload/ Assault Turret as my set skills, and switching out the turret to Energy Drain to fight Remnant. But I think I might roll with the Remnant VI now... and the Assault Turret, with Incinerate and Overload switching based on whether the enemies are Armoured or Shielded. We're a three man squad but there's five of us.

I haven't put in that much time and already I can feel that Addison, Tann, and I will end up as mortal enemies.

I'm so sad that we brought all of our Milky Way bullshit to a new galaxy.

Okay, so APEX.  Is it better to use strike forces for missions or should I do everything via multiplayer?

Or should I try to use both?

I opened all of my pre-order multiplayer packs and got an Angara Insurgent, a female Turian Soldier, a Talon pistol, a few mods, and a shit ton of consumables.

I spent about an hour designing my twin sister. If she stays in a coma, I'm gonna be pissed off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So many decisions that I am not happy about.

So many bitter people at me.

I'm already resigned to the idea that I will have to place the Nexus under Martial Law with Kesh as the senior administrator and Tiran Kandros in charge the security forces.

I don't really give a shit about the people I've pissed off so far since their opinion of me is close to nil as well.

It is hilarious how I continue to insist that Addison refer to me as Pathfinder, which makes her refusal to do so even more laughable.

• Like 1

Finished up Cora's loyalty mission. Not a super fun adventure Liam's was but still good, especially with the ending. I'm curious what choice people made with that one.

Spoiler

I chose to keep Sarissa on the job. She fucked up but likely made the right decision. She still needed to be called out though to lessen the ego somewhat. I liked that the potential replacement is kind of parallel with your Ryder. Makes it slightly more difficult choice.

I just got my pet space hamster last night as well.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

God Dammit Liam - put on a fucking shirt

He does have his shirt off quite often doesn't he? Have you seen the cultural exchange between him and Jaal yet?

26 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I just got my pet space hamster last night as well.

He does have his shirt off quite often doesn't he? Have you seen the cultural exchange between him and Jaal yet?

Yes - in fact that was a prior evening. Today was ANOTHER time

So I finished the first "major" thing on "Ice Planet"

And of course that allowed me to finish a bunch of stuff but it also went HERE ARE 9429 THINGS TO DO!!!

I am officially at the point where I don't know if I will ever finish the game

• Like 1

I'd be curious to know if this is the most "side-questy" RPG ever. I haven't counted, but I'd say I have about 2,000 sidequests to finish.

Drack is now my second-favorite video game character, with Trevor Phillips from GTA 5 being first. I'd like to see Trevor and Drack get their own buddy-style video game. Tell me you wouldn't buy that.

• Like 2

I would like to try some of the apex missions on multiplayer too. 

Reading all this other stuff has got me sayin dalm. 2,000 side missions. I havent even scratched the surface on unlocking missions. I think I have done 20 and may have 10 to do. I think i should just say fuck it and go back to los santos. 1 city with 1 objective. This game is friggin huge. 

All of my multiplayer people will probably be level 20 before I even really figure out how to maneuver between planets on campaign. 

I was exaggerating about 2,000, but it's still pretty big. I love it, I think it's great. I'm sure there are side quests that aren't crucial, like scanning specimens or collecting rocks, but hey, why not do them? I paid $60 for this game, might as well wring all the blood out of it I can.

I'm thinking of multiplayer as something to do if y'all are on and wanna play. If no one's on, I play single player. 

As mentioned - Mark and I did one APEX Strike Mission in MP and it was a son of a bitch

Thank God for the guy who was already like level 27 to Sherpa us through

The only other time I tried one - I got dropped in where everyone else was already dead. So that sucked.

1 hour ago, jstout said:

I'd be curious to know if this is the most "side-questy" RPG ever. I haven't counted, but I'd say I have about 2,000 sidequests to finish.

I don't know. It doesn't quite feel Skyrim level yet though its getting closer and closer.

Just got this and waiting on the install to finish. Not gonna read the whole thread just yet. Anything I should know before jumping in? How's the story and gameplay? And is multiplayer decent? I've never played any of the mass effect multiplayer before now.

3 hours ago, jstout said:

Drack is now my second-favorite video game character, with Trevor Phillips from GTA 5 being first. I'd like to see Trevor and Drack get their own buddy-style video game. Tell me you wouldn't buy that.

One of my favorite things so far is drack explaining the thresher maw ceremony to jaal while we were riding around in the nomad.

The main difference between the hero of the original trilogy and the hero of the new game, is that Shepard saved the lives of everyone in the Milky Way multiple times, but couldn't dance for toffee:

tumblr_om43huWi4L1rq2rvvo1_500.gif

Whilst Ryder has never saved the Milky Way once.

The only person I pissed off was Moshae.

One, she's a bitch.  And two, she gets over it really quickly anyway.  I did the right thing not blowing up the church.  I beat the Kett priest and we wanted to liberate the kidnapped Angarans and Moshae anyway.  We did it.  Blowing up the church would've been wrong.

On 3/31/2017 at 0:09 PM, Eivion said:

There is more to it, but Garson's drive to go to uncharted waters was seemingly legit. She is less a scam artist and more an eccentric rich person looking for adventure and glory. Not sure where you got the idea that the Initiative is just the wealthy and elite. There are plenty of normal people just wanting something new who made the trip. Whats more they didn't know if any of those planets were occupied but considered the possibilities, hence the first contact protocols. They don't intend to steal them. This type of expansion was still going on in the Milky Way with the Council races looking for new worlds to populate. Andromeda just took it to the next level.

Clearly a case of the bourgeois duping and exploiting the proletariat to be their cheap labor force ;) . 

To me there are just too many extremely unpredictable variables when you go to sleep for 600 years and expect everything to be aces when you wake up.  OK we will travel to deep uncharted space in a new galaxy.  In 600 years we'll wake up and there will be 20 new golden worlds where can all settle down and drink some Andromedan Mai Tais.  That sounds like some sort pyramid scheme or e-mails I get in my spam folder.  

I definitely get the appeal of adventure and going to places in the universe no one has ever been before.  But cryo-sleep travel in deep space doesn't seem all that reliable.