DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

So do you never get the choice again about what type of outposts go to worlds after the first one on Eos? I thought I would get one on Voeld, but that didn't happen.

It didn't offer me a choice either. But I think that might be a special case because Voeld's  outpost is only ever going to be an Ice Mine, to provide water to all other colonies. Plus the Angara might not be happy about us plonking a Military Base on their planet... or a scientific research centre, considering that the Kett were kidnapping them and presumably experimenting on them (they did experiment on Humans on Eos. Gave someone an autopsy while they were still alive).

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Umm... so how does everyone suddenly know English?

If you read your ME1 Codex, you'd know.

That was covered in an entry from the Bring Down The Sky DLC.

People either wear active language translators that are updated via wireless Extranet connection or they have cybernetic implants that are controlled and updated through Omni-tools via wireless Extranet connection.

In Bring Down The Sky, the Batarians don't start "speaking" English until after a few engagements because the Omni-tool is in the process of loading the Batarian language library.

It also helps that Ryder has an active neural connection to SAM, so he has a quantum computer doing all of that processing in the background.

• Like 1

I know I was going to get a bunch of responses like that

My question was specifically about the Angara who went from gibberish to being able to translate English in like 15 seconds.

I know everyone has universal translators but it seems like a mighty big leap from we have no idea you existed to banging hot Angara history lady

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I know I was going to get a bunch of responses like that

My question was specifically about the Angara who went from gibberish to being able to translate English in like 15 seconds.

I know everyone has universal translators but it seems like a mighty big leap from we have no idea you existed to banging hot Angara history lady

Okay that makes more sense. 

My answer to the Angara language translation issue is "I have no fucking clue."

My best sci-fi geek assumption is:

Spoiler

Thanks to your dad accessing the Remnant node on Habitat 7 and SAM decrypting how to access the terraformer / climate controller, you somehow uploaded the language libraries of alien species that are either native to Andromeda and were probably observed by the Remnants (the Angara) or alien species that have also tried to access and utilize Remnant tech like the Humans have (the Kett). 

Since you share a neural connection to SAM and now have an Extranet thanks to the Nexus, everyone's translators are being updated through SAM .

Remnants = Protheans in the way that the technology of the most ancient spacefaring civilization = Magic.

A somewhat dissatisfying answer, but the best I can do until I get some more campaign mode under my belt.

The bigger question to ask is "How are the Angara and the Kett able to understand English and the languages of the other Nexus races?" and the assumption is that they have a similar translation technology that helps them understand us.

I too am doing the Angara/Angora thing.

I landed on that V planet (whose name I am blanking on but am terrified to look up due to spoilers)

Here I sit as I can't progress my single player until my wife gets home

I am far too good of a husband

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

Sooo tired of alien Sudoku.  

Most of these are easy enough, but there are a couple that made me want to throw my television out of the window.  I don't even want to admit how many times I failed, because I accidentally hit the wrong button.  It's not a huge problem, but it does feel like something I shouldn't have to do.

I feel like Alien Sudoku could be a cheap XP exploit.

Of course I have only done one so far so I don't know if there is a cap on how much XP you get from the failure portion (like you get XP the first time but not after or something)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I too am doing the Angara/Angora thing.

I landed on that V planet (whose name I am blanking on but am terrified to look up due to spoilers)

Here I sit as I can't progress my single player until my wife gets home

I am far too good of a husband

Easier to to "ice planet, desert planet, ..." And we all know what it means. 

I think Mark and I combined might have played a total of 10 MP matches

I just realized that the Krogan I got has an assault turret - now I know what I playing for awhile

I've been looking for someone to play some MP with, and I get home just after Mark and Phil finish up. Boourns. 

General Multiplayer thoughts.

The enemy certainly swarms up on you a lot more then in ME3 Multiplayer. The key, to me, is to be just as mobile as they are. Constantly be moving, your jetpack is your friend. Hit and Run tactics is the game. Dash in, use your powers or take your shot, dash back away. 

I got the Widow yesterday! It took significantly longer last game. Haven't given it a run yet, will shortly.

Spending most of my time playing adepts. Having fun with them a good deal. 

EDIT: I also realize there's some irony that I got the Venom Shotgun as a bonus pack in ME:A when I never ever got it in ME3

I really have been trying to no use the assault rifle in MP but all my current weapons are WAY to heavy so then my recharge rate would suck

I totally forgot about buying packs so I looked and I am super close to a rare pack so I might as well get that then go back to the cheaper packs