DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

I did the one that boosts shields by 50 percent at the cost of 50 percent of max health. Shields recharge - more shields, more to recharge. I just have taught myself to really watch the red and blue bars in battle. It seems to have made no real difference.

I got another one recently - I can't remember its deal, but I remember thinking it wasn't a very good tradeoff at all. Those sell for 600-700 credits, so, kaching!

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yes, but Energy Drain should also detonate and should debuff shields and restore my own shield power.  It should also work well against the ancient robots I found on Habitat 7 that I know that I will encounter on some other planet in the cluster.

Indeed. But Overload can be charged to affect multiple targets, and - crucially for a Sniper - when hit by an Overload, an enemy's immediate response is to stand straight upright and keep really still for a bit.

• Like 2

Double post. I'm mostly wearing Angaran Armour, because it boosts Tech power and my Ryder's a pure Tech skills character at the moment (I keep finding Rare Shotguns though, might have to build a close combat set of powers as a backup profile. Flamethrower, Annihilation and something.

I went back and started this game over. I wasnt far at all so no biggie. I will say this game is complete opposite of GTA instead of being to drunk for freemode, I get to drunk for campaign. 

Oh and I found a Mayor Bradley too. 

• Like 1

I think I just had the first major side quest decision that I think will come back to bite me in the ass for sure in future games.

Spoiler

I let the ancient Angaran AI live and gave it to the Angarans. Pretty much all outcomes in this one feel like they are going to suck with you either wasting an importance resource and connection to the Angarans' past, setting up a potential threat to SAM and the Initiative, or setting up a threat to the Angarans.

These are the choices that again made it so much easier being behind several years game wise.

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God - Site 2 is way more harrowing than it needed to be

Like I said a few days ago, traveling Eos is depressing as you realize how massively fucked that first expedition was. It really pushes how badly to me Tann and Addison fucked up. If I could arrange for both to be replaced I think I would actually do it.

Just finished the Moshae quest.

Spoiler

Yeah, I couldn't leave those poor Angarans to die. Depending on how the game ends I can definitely see that coming back on me next game. I do regret not being able to completely unload my weapon on the Cardinal. Moshae was completely right about her deserving worse. Suddenly Liam's outburst on Habitat 7 seems totally agreeable.

12 hours ago, AxB said:

Indeed. But Overload can be charged to affect multiple targets, and - crucially for a Sniper - when hit by an Overload, an enemy's immediate response is to stand straight upright and keep really still for a bit.

This is also true. Hesitation seconds are the sniper's best friend.

• Like 1

Well, my dad commandeered the Family Room television set, so I didn't get the chance to game last night.  I will try harder to nudge him towards the Florida Room so that I can be online tonight.

Also, I'm working graveyard from the 30th of March to the 11th of April, so I'll be shooting things in the head during the day instead of the evenings..

If you are around at that odd hour on Xbox Live, see me online, and want to hit MA:O multiplayer, send me a PM.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Rippa knows better than to go to a TV taping on a Tuesday night

Along with never get involved in a land war in Asia is the classic blunder of never try to drive home on a weeknight from a major entertainment event out of a city bordered on two sides by water.

I am debating whether or not to go to the American Alpha meet and greet at a car dealership that is about ten minutes away from post.

Probably no since I have no desire for AA to put me through a car window for constantly shouting "UCE~! UCE~!" when they are trying to sign autographs.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Just finished the Moshae quest.

Hide contents

Yeah, I couldn't leave those poor Angarans to die. Depending on how the game ends I can definitely see that coming back on me next game. I do regret not being able to completely unload my weapon on the Cardinal. Moshae was completely right about her deserving worse. Suddenly Liam's outburst on Habitat 7 seems totally agreeable.

I'm legitimately surprised so many are going this direction: Yes, you saved THOSE Angarans, but you doomed god knows how many more to go through the same fate by not destroying the facility

31 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Hide contents

I'm legitimately surprised so many are going this direction: Yes, you saved THOSE Angarans, but you doomed god knows how many more to go through the same fate by not destroying the facility

Spoiler

My justification is that I'm going to destroy the Kett, so that facility will not be a factor.  By the time I'm done, they could have facilities all over the galaxy, but they'll look like those creepy abandoned amusement parks.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

True, but I feel like you won't win favors with Jaal or the Resistance taking out a numerous amount of their people. This was rescue operation, not a military strike. Not to mention that may only be one temple among many so it may have made no major difference. Really though I do sort of feel that one will come back on me, hence why I'm keeping a save from before it.

So on the Contagion side mission, I stared at my screen for a few minutes trying to decide what to do. Do I kill the terrorist who kidnapped the woman who is very sick and has a contagious disease that can kill any Milky Way species which then kills the woman in the process OR do I let the terrorist live, so I can keep the woman alive and scientists can figure out why this disease does not effect Angarans which means it might be easier to come up with a cure.

Also I'm in the middle of the side mission where you find out Director Addison kicked a woman off Nexus because she was pregnant and didn't want a baby on the Nexus because she was fearful of what would happen if the baby died. Total heartbreak. Because I understand why the Director did what she did, but on the other hand...it's a fucking baby, you can't just doom a baby and its mother because it could turn out bad for morale if the first baby born outside the Milky Way dies, 

Love how the game seems to give you four more sidequests while you're trying to finish off one. I'm trying to finish off as many sidequests as I can before getting back to the main storyline, which means I should see the main storyline again sometime in October.

I seem to spend a lot of time wandering around unintentionally doing sidequests.  Last time I was on I was wandering around Voeld just trying to find various locations that were on my map.  Next thing I knew I was breaking into a Kett base, with the help of some unknown person who was talking to me from some unknown place.  I have no clue why I'm there or what the hell these Kett are doing.

Yea - I've hit the point of being completely overwhelmed.  After coming back from Eos, I've spent at least the last 6 hours doing absolutely nothing combat related and picking up just an absurd amount of sidequests going around talking to everyone.