DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

I just had the toughest, most awesome boss fight yet in the game and am still uncertain if I want to keep it because of I have no idea whether or not I made the right choice. Decisions were so much easier when I was 2-3 years behind everyone on games.

Yeah - if this was any other game I would just look at the guides to see what the consequences are but I am doing this playthrough totally blind

So I fully expect everyone to be dead at the end

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just got yelled at in the hallway by a crazy lady so I have that going for me

I made the mistake of actually stopping and talking to her.  I regret it so much.  

I'm amused at the amount of time I wasted on Eos running to and from the Pathfinder avoiding radiation trying to do side quests BEFORE clearing the vault.  

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

I wouldn't say its required, but it does help you get what you want the fastest. Its not really a big deal money wise since you get  lot of junk salvage that you sell for credits. You find a lot of the material needed pretty easily once you hit the second planet.

I've spent most of the day exploring Eos a second time. It is both interesting ad terribly depressing at times.

Just how big are the sandboxes when you visit the planets?  Are they fairly self contained?  Do they just give you a specific area to look around in?  

I'm sort of on the fence if I want to dive into this one or not.

There is usually a specific amount of area you can explore the first time around on planets with the area expanding as you go further in. Still not sure how big they actually are. The second planet I visited as definitely smaller.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I just had the toughest, most awesome boss fight yet in the game and am still uncertain if I want to keep it because of I have no idea whether or not I made the right choice. Decisions were so much easier when I was 2-3 years behind everyone on games.

Was it 

Spoiler

Saving the people or blowing up the temple after you beat the Cardinal? 

Why Pistols are OP as fuck in single player:

My character only has points put into Pistols, which seems like a weird call. But, with my Pistol Only build, I currently have an elite SMG (Hurricane), a borderline Shotgun (Talon), and a Grenade Launcher (Scorpion) all without going over my weight capacity. Feels good man.

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Was it 

Reveal hidden contents

I haven't gotten that far. It was

Spoiler

the Remant Architect on Eos.

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Was it 

Reveal hidden contents

Just got through this as my first biggie.  Ah, the classic ME Kantian vs utilitarian morality gut punch - how I missed you.

Just now, Cyanide said:

Just got through this as my first biggie.  Ah, the classic ME Kantian vs utilitarian morality gut punch - how I missed you.

Spoiler

I chose to spare the temple and free the people, upsetting the Moesha. 

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:
  Hide contents

I chose to spare the temple and free the people, upsetting the Moesha. 

Spoiler

Same. My rationale was, other than not wanting to directly take innocent lives, I gotta live with Jaal. Did do the not-renegade action and killed the bishop after, though. And then back on the Tempest the Moshae is all clearly I care for your people in a way you don't care about mine. Say what?!

So, ran into my first particularly nasty set of bugs (and I ain't talking about rachni):

Before this, Drack was in his normal location, and a convo with him led to me being teleported to the galley (where he was supposed to be), and his new conversation tree got triggered as I left the room (rather than entering it). And then the doubling.

Similar teleporting issue happened with Vetra in the same instance.

See I figured we'd randomly run into people related to characters from the original trilogy. And most of the ones you meet early are related to very peripheral characters. But I never knew ...

Spoiler

Zaeed has a son! And probably didn't even know him!

Unlikely we'll get anyone closer to the main roster than that.

Okay - so I glanced at the Game Informer that had an Andromeda preview and there was a blurb that we were supposed to be able to choose the sex of our Shepard from the original trilogy - for whatever reason.

Did I miss that option or did it get yanked?

I've never played a Massive Effect game other than a couple hours of the first one.  I've never played a BioWare game.  I'm fucking in love with this game after clearing the first planet.  

Buy it, there's no reason to hesitate.  

And the single-player and multiplayer are different enough to feel like two different, but the same, experiences.

To really, really dumb it down, if the idea of Skyrim in space interests you (quests and side quests aplenty, leveling up, improving your character and gear), then this is your game.

How you can tell it's Bioware: Went to the Scientific outpost I'd ordered. Wandered around talking to people. One of the female scientists mentioned (within a minute of saying hello) she'd been a man in the Milky Way.