DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

47 minutes ago, Robert C said:

These are more reasons the second time through will be better.  I'll have a better handle on how all this shit works, and how to make the "right" decisions. On the romance front so far, I'm going with my approach from Fallout - try to bang everybody.  I'm getting shot down a lot.  I assume all the folks that haven't shot me down are gonna confront me about this shit eventually.  I wish they'd just copy the romance system from Saint's Row 4 and be done with it.

Spoiler

Oh yea - I love how immediately after making the decision Tann is just like "I hope we don't end up regretting this."  Because now I'm just waiting until my decision backfires and everything goes to hell.  

Okay - so I have only gotten two of those "prompts" that seem like the old paragon/renegade ones and that made me realize that there isn't anything that straight forward with this game

Also made me realize both where around Peebee so that was interesting 

I already got the Trophy for 100 power combos, but the whole set-up of my character was to get them. Sometimes they end up being Tech or Biotic detonations because of squadmates priming them as well.

I know someone mentioned already but I am thankfully they did basically force you to do the main mission on Eos after a point otherwise I would still be tooling around wondering why I only had 3 squadmates

2 hours ago, CSC said:

Man screw you game - I wasn't expecting to be making decisions about whether to exile someone for "murder" at 8 in the morning.  Been sitting on the option screen for 5 minutes trying to figure out what to do.  

I'm one of those people who can't help but spoil themselves and look up some of this shit. I can tell you now its more a moral choice than anything big. Honestly I suspect any big choices that will screw us over royally will come next game.

Spoiler

I hope you exiled his ass anyways seeing that he is an attempted murderer. The only reason his punishment is in question is the lack of proper prisons in frontier space.

People really wanted the squad mates themselves to be bi or or gay. Some of it is general attraction. The bigger point seems to be a worry of the lack of content with characters you aren't around as much with.

Finally unlocked my third weapon slot. I like having the sniper rifle available just in case i need it. 

Bouncing back and forth between desert planet and ice planet doing side quests.

note to Dan: per our chat, when i looked at the hint book today, it confirmed the solution to the side quest we talked about yesterday. 

• Like 1

So for weapons and items is there a lot of crafting and money required?  The only thing I didn't really love about The Witcher is that I thought the crafting system was a bit too overwrought, and the game was really bad about letting you have more money and wanting you to get the better class items and upgrades that will totally clean you out just for one piece [thank goodness for exploits.  No regrets.  No apologies.]

7 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

So for weapons and items is there a lot of crafting and money required?  The only thing I didn't really love about The Witcher is that I thought the crafting system was a bit too overwrought, and the game was really bad about letting you have more money and wanting you to get the better class items and upgrades that will totally clean you out just for one piece [thank goodness for exploits.  No regrets.  No apologies.]

I wouldn't say its required, but it does help you get what you want the fastest. Its not really a big deal money wise since you get  lot of junk salvage that you sell for credits. You find a lot of the material needed pretty easily once you hit the second planet.

I've spent most of the day exploring Eos a second time. It is both interesting ad terribly depressing at times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I'm not the only one who saw the Plants vs Zombies Easter egg right?

You are not. There are tons of Easter Eggs all over this game.

Yesterday was teh first time Multiplayer really felt like GTAV type of good time, were even if we were losing, we were having a ton of fun.

That said, they do really need to rebalance weapons in multuplayer. Nothing does the damage it feels like it "should"

32 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

You are not. There are tons of Easter Eggs all over this game.

Yesterday was teh first time Multiplayer really felt like GTAV type of good time, were even if we were losing, we were having a ton of fun.

That said, they do really need to rebalance weapons in multuplayer. Nothing does the damage it feels like it "should"

We had a pretty good run too.  Getting to level 5 on our first silver attempt wasn't too bad for us.

The bronze runs are still pretty crazy for us starting around wave 5.  The earlier waves have pretty much devolved into a contest between Melraz and me to see who can steal the most kills from the other.

After you left we finished a couple bronze extractions with randoms.  I was high scorer for the first time ever after melraz wound up stuck between two destroyers right at the start of wave 6, and our random teammate didn't revive him.

And thanks for explaining rockets to me.  Two destroyers with one shot was nice.

I picked this up from a Redbox since I haven't played any of the ME games except for a little bit of the first.  I'm enjoying multiplayer very much so far.  I have been working on the human male soldier.  I've made it to level 8 and I've got a decent sniper rifle to start off with.  I think I'm going to start the single player now since I can't connect my Playstation to the servers for the time being.  I really think I want to buy this game and play it more often.

• Like 1

I don't hate Liam but he does have a lot of anger issues.

I am also envious because his character model is the most handsome black dude in the game, and I am a little pissed off that I could not seem to be able to build an attractive black male Ryder from the available custom faces to save my life.

• Like 1

Today has really been the first time I really felt that this game is the most overwhelming Mass Effect so far

Spent over 2 hours on the Nexus finishing outstanding missions, getting new ones, conversation after conversation, etc..

All that and I felt like I hadn't "done" anything

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Today has really been the first time I really felt that this game is the most overwhelming Mass Effect so far

Spent over 2 hours on the Nexus finishing outstanding missions, getting new ones, conversation after conversation, etc..

All that and I felt like I hadn't "done" anything

This.  There's a point in every ME where you just go "boy, that sure is a lot of sidequests I've accumulated," but the sheer amount of legwork to cross everything off your list in Andromeda is staggering.  And it all just keeps piling up.

In the realm of other recentish, massive open world games, I put 90ish hours in MGSV, and 100+ in FFXV, and I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up dwarfing both of them (without even factoring in multiplayer).