DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

25 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

IIRC, you're on PS4 too. At the Skills tab, go to the power you want to equip (under Combat or Tech or Biotic) and use Triangle to assign power to one of the three current loadout slots.

This took me a long time to figure out last night after going through Skills and Profiles and everything else.

Yeah, I've got it now. Combat Drone is boss. Time to develop a second profile as an Infiltrator now I've got Tac Cloak.

As far as scarves go, I'm not wearing it in combat, I'm wearing it while walking around the spaceship.

9 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I forgot about your GTA character.  If your Ryder somehow manages to look like that guy, I'm rooting for the Kett.

Considering your GTA character runs around in high heels shooting people ...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jstout said:

Considering your GTA character runs around in high heels shooting people ...

Fem Ryder would too if that was an option.  When I ran a female Shepard, there were missions in both ME2 and ME3 that involved combat while dressed pretty much exactly like my current GTA outfit

I had to go female Ryder because the male options for facial hair were just so infuriatingly bad there's no way I could have looked at his face all game long. 

That being said, she's just a crocheted beanie and some thick rimmed glasses away from being my GTA sister from a different galaxy.

• Like 2

Okay, so all done with Tutorial Planet.

Spoiler
  • RIP Alec Ryder.  I hope to be as awesome as my father.  The mother fucker took out like nine thousand aliens by himself.
  • OCD works to my advantage.  It looks like the entire map turns into a toxic swamp once you decide to head off to save your father, so there's no going back for side missions once you find Cora and survive the ambush.  I was right to be my usual douchebag completionist self.  Optional is not optional; it is mandatory.
  • It also helps that there was a recap of all of the optional missions during the Q&A, so I didn't look like a total idiot and in-game dad was actually proud of me for actually acting like a Pathfinder.  Glad I didn't have to listen to the, "So, you left them to die..." lecture.
  • So we're on the Nexus now and once again I am overwhelmed by pretty lights and stuff to do.  There must be a bajillion side assignments to find.
  • AVINA~!!! AND SHE IS MALFUNCTIONING~!!  JUST LIKE OLD TIMES~!!
  • Damn, the hottie billionaire that funded this dealie died on the Nexus.
  • I MUST RECRUIT THIS BADASS FEMALE KROGAN FOR THE CREW OF THE SHIP I KNOW I AM GOING TO GET.

• Like 3

I wound up restarting my single player character because I missed too much stuff when I played through Habitat 7 the first time. Made sure to hit everywhere and find everyone, as opposed to the first time when I missed one of my squad members and found them lying dead on a table surrounded by Kett.

Probably going to have to re-spec my character at some point, since I wanted to be a Combat/Biotic type (took the Scrapper training in character creation) and went and wasted one of my spec points on Overload. Not sure how much that's going to hurt me or anything. . .probably not much, but still.

I think a sizeable chunk of my weekend is going to be devoted to playing this, and it's going to be awesome.

You know how in the original trilogy, there were certain pairs of characters who, if you didn't romance either of them, they started a relationship with one another? I bet that happens in this game too. Mentioning no names.

Spoiler

Dr Lexi and Drack!

I've already had two crewmates go all standoffish after selecting the Heart conversation icon. I miss Dragon Age 2's rule of universal bisexuality.

Also, the accents are all over the place in this game. In 1-3, they'd pretty much have every member of every race sound similar, so all the Quarians sounded Middle Eastern and so on, but I've met African Angarans, Aussie Angarans, and one Angaran who I initially thought was Liam in disguise because they sounded like they were from the same housing estate in South London.

Driving around in the Nomad, and Peebee and Jaal start discussing Jaal's experiences in visiting the Nexus. Which was odd, because he'd never been there in his life. We went straight to Voeld. Reached level 15 thanks to finishing the Removing the Heart mission.

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God I already feel like I fucked up all the romance options well except for Liam because fuck Liam

This is one of my major anxieties in playing a ME game I don't know like the back of my hand for the first time in forever.

Everything will go to shit and I'm gonna have to be all "alright, Gil - let's make this thing happen."

Man screw you game - I wasn't expecting to be making decisions about whether to exile someone for "murder" at 8 in the morning.  Been sitting on the option screen for 5 minutes trying to figure out what to do.  

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

God I already feel like I fucked up all the romance options well except for Liam because fuck Liam

15 minutes ago, CSC said:

Man screw you game - I wasn't expecting to be making decisions about whether to exile someone for a murder he technically didn't commit at 8 in the morning.  Been sitting on the option screen for 5 minutes trying to figure out what to do.  

These are more reasons the second time through will be better.  I'll have a better handle on how all this shit works, and how to make the "right" decisions. On the romance front so far, I'm going with my approach from Fallout - try to bang everybody.  I'm getting shot down a lot.  I assume all the folks that haven't shot me down are gonna confront me about this shit eventually.  I wish they'd just copy the romance system from Saint's Row 4 and be done with it.