DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

I'm trying the multiplayer as integrated into single player for the first time, and we're down to the last wave. Here comes this gigantic freakin' Hydra after me, so I retreat into the next room -- where one of those chaps with the minigun is waiting for me. Oh well.

1 minute ago, jstout said:

I'm trying the multiplayer as integrated into single player for the first time, and we're down to the last wave. Here comes this gigantic freakin' Hydra after me, so I retreat into the next room -- where one of those chaps with the minigun is waiting for me. Oh well.

Is that the strike team thing? I've just been sending NPCs to do that. 

11 minutes ago, jstout said:

Yeah. The NPC strike team things all say I have an 18 percent chance or less of succeeding, and it's supposed to take about 3 hours. Little more than I wanna fool with right at this moment.

i did two of them that had over 70% chance of success. I think one took 90 m and the other 2 hours. Since i was running around exploring Eos or scanning planets, the time went by quickly. 

I did make sure to add a second person to the strike team. 

• I'm digging my college age Tongan Wolverine character design but wow, it's tough being a Level One Operative.  I'm going to have to start researching builds to get the most bang for my XP..  I probably should've rolled with Security the first go around, but the die is cast and I don't feel like going back right now.  Tactical Cloak or bust.
  • I have succeeded in making my Ryder family look awesome.in their semi-Asian haifu ethnic ambiguity  We're definitely Bobbie Draper's distant cousins or something.
  • Spoiler

RIP Mama Ryder.  My Codex fills me with sadness.

• I can't say I like the new touch a crate system for ammo and health recovery.  Where is my medi-gel on demand?
  • To say that First Contact did not go well is an understatement.  Now I have to get off of the colossal goat fuck of a planet.
  • How cute.  The devs did not think that I would explore nearly EVERY corner of the map.  You can't hide stuff from me by sticking a fork in the road and hoping I won't take the time to investigate and double back to the main route.
  • My OCD is my enemy.  I now have consumables to micromanage and I am also tempted to scan every blade of grass on the ground to make sure I don't miss anything.  Exploration is going to take forever.
  • I like jet packs but not at the expense of my fucking Power Wheel.  At least Liam is not as dumb as squad members past and hides behind the nearest rock when the shit goes down, but then he doesn't move and we're always getting flanked by these aliens that I assume are the Kett.
  • Controls are a bit wonky and I still have the Gears of War 4 combat scheme in my muscle memory.  I find myself jet boosting when I think I am taking cover.  I hate having to re-learn how to fight all over again.
  • Like 2

Right now the biggest "issue" I have come across is melee in Multiplayer

But I am also thinking that might be me and not understanding the controls well yet

OK, what was with all those posts complaining about a 2 hour install? I put the disc in and was creating Star Ryder fourteen minutes later,

I'll probably have the marathon game session tonight that I should've had last night now that the television in the Florida Room finally came back from Shutdown Mode and my dad can go back to chillin' and screaming about politics, while I take over the plasma in the Family Room and get mongrel South Pacific Ryder off of this godforsaken rock.

There will probably be little to no gameplay over the weekend as it is significant other bonding time with my bae and since she likes sports, we will be partaking of the fucking Sweet 16 / Elite 8 games that are on tap.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I know there aren't grabs (though trust me - I tried just to make sure)

But like I really should have more than a fucking headbutt for a Krogan

I also figured out the hard way in Campaign Mode that there were no more grabs. 

Instead I have rocket propelled melee attacks.  Yay?

I was kind sorta hoping Bioware would at least mimic the totally fucking awesome knife execution system from GoW4 and use it for grab kills

I finally managed to go somewhere in the Tempest last night.  Cleared the main storyline part of the first planet.

Spoiler

Having to get up on top of shit to find those Remnant Glyphs can kiss my ass.

Also, was not expecting to have to play alien Sudoku to save the world.

So I think I've hit my first bug in the game - at the Kett research center and it won't register all the Kett as dead so I can't turn off all the generators and go inside.

The EA forums say to load an earlier save to fix this, but I'm pretty pissed if the hours I just put into the game this morning are all for nothing.

Has anyone else encountered a Kett base yet?  I was driving around Eos and say some huge thing and it was a massive base full of enemies that you can try to takeover.  It isn't part of the story.  I don't even know if it can be called a side quest.  It is the most fun I've had with the game so far.

2 minutes ago, CSC said:

So I think I've hit my first bug in the game - at the Kett research center and it won't register all the Kett as dead so I can't turn off all the generators and go inside.

The EA forums say to load an earlier save to fix this, but I'm pretty pissed if the hours I just put into the game this morning are all for nothing.

I had to do that with Remnant.  There are a lot of checkpoint saves, so I maybe lost a couple minutes.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have been given a ship... still haven't gotten onto it yet

I accidentally got on the ship soon after I got it.  If you travel with to the area of the station where the ship is, you automatically get put on it.  They gave me a nice, dramatic sendoff, and then we promptly landed back on the station, since I wasn't finished doing stuff there.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

But I am also thinking that might be me and not understanding the controls well yet

Same here and the encounters on the tutorial planet I've crash landed aren't helping me work the kinks out.