DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Just now, Robert C said:

Best to stay away from that guy.  No idea what he is yet.  I always just think "shit, that guy again".

Yeah - it was first time I ever saw him.

I just went GROUP OF DUDES!!!

Biotic Charged and next thing I knew - I was paste

18 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Something I've noticed so far...I'm not going to admit how much of this game I've played already, but it's a lot.  They really slacked on the variety of aliens in this universe.  I've only encountered two new species of intelligent life, and have no reason to believe there is going to be more.  The thing the first trilogy did that really drew you into the galaxy, was that it was full of diverse life.  Honestly, 90% of the species you encounter will be from the first trilogy, and you won't be seeing a good percentage of them.  Remember the first time you walked around the Citadel and there were those pink floaty things, those elephants without trunks, and those dudes who looked like they were wearing those sunglasses that Christian used to wear?  Don't expect that experience to repeat it self in the Andromeda galaxy.

On the Nexus you talk to somebody who says that other than the four main arks (human/asari/turian/salarian), the quarians were supposed to be coming along but had some technical issues and were going to be late to the party (and they were supposedly taking along the hanar/drell/maybe elcor/etc.).  And I was like, well, fuck, is that a total cop-out for them not to put them in this game at all?

And this makes it sound like that is in fact what happens, and goddamn is that shitty.

23 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Something I've noticed so far...I'm not going to admit how much of this game I've played already, but it's a lot.  They really slacked on the variety of aliens in this universe.  I've only encountered two new species of intelligent life, and have no reason to believe there is going to be more.  The thing the first trilogy did that really drew you into the galaxy, was that it was full of diverse life. 

This is my biggest disappoint. I'm actually fine with not every species making it to Andromeda, especially if its just for the first game, but only showing off two new ones is bs.

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - it was first time I ever saw him.

I just went GROUP OF DUDES!!!

Biotic Charged and next thing I knew - I was paste

When i saw him and then saw his name, i ran away. And he still killed me quicker than quick. 

Just now, Eivion said:

This is my biggest disappoint. I'm actually fine with not every species making it to Andromeda, especially if its just for the first game, but only showing off two new ones is bs.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the game, but it is clear that they didn't put as much love and imagination into this game.  

I don't know if I can agree with that. I'm only two planet missions in, but the worlds are impressive. The quests are solid, and I like the general stories with Initiative's failures and perseverance. I would say it might be more a case of them trying maybe so hard to improve upon things that were either failures or too limited in the past that they ended up screwing up one of the things they did well.

So I'm so jealous of everyone getting different characters for multiplayer, in all my packs I just got upgraded human characters and guns. Bright side is I don't care if I'm the lowest ranked player on MP and only human on the team

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I don't know if I can agree with that. I'm only two planet missions in, but the worlds are impressive. The quests are solid, and I like the general stories with Initiative's failures and perseverance. I would say it might be more a case of them trying maybe so hard to improve upon things that were either failures or too limited in the past that they ended up screwing up one of the things they did well.

I'm further along than you, and I'm enjoying the game so far, but it is kind of a lot of the same ol' shit.  The world's are huge and look really good, but there isn't much in the way of imagination.  There hasn't been anything in the game so far that made me feel a sense of wonder, it is just a huge game full of fairly familiar concepts.  The original trilogy was full of those moments.

54 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I'm further along than you, and I'm enjoying the game so far, but it is kind of a lot of the same ol' shit.  The world's are huge and look really good, but there isn't much in the way of imagination.  There hasn't been anything in the game so far that made me feel a sense of wonder, it is just a huge game full of fairly familiar concepts.  The original trilogy was full of those moments.

Did you finish the first Eos stuff yet? I thought the end of that was pretty cool.

My Ryder apparently is a clone devised from the DNA of the college age versions of Jango Fett and Logan.

My dad's DNA is from Commander Adama and Toshiro Mifune.

This is going to be fucking sweet.

Man, I have a ton of improving to do in multiplayer. I always try to stick around and fight myself out of jams when I need to Brave Sir Robin it the hell out of there and try to get my shields recharged. That deal with the orb in the middle is indeed a pain in the ass, as is anything that can damage me while I'm still in cover.

2 minutes ago, jstout said:

Man, I have a ton of improving to do in multiplayer. I always try to stick around and fight myself out of jams when I need to Brave Sir Robin it the hell out of there and try to get my shields recharged. That deal with the orb in the middle is indeed a pain in the ass, as is anything that can damage me while I'm still in cover.

I run away from lots of stuff.  The Ascendants, now that I know what they're called, are right at the top of that list, along with Iron Giants and those damn bullfrogs.

Also, anything that grabs you and won't let go is a pain in the ass, especially the Gila Monsters.

HOLY SHIT!!! FIRST MASS EFFECT 3 REFERENCE AND I WAS SO FUCKING STUPID FOR NOT REALIZING IT!!!

Spoiler

Tiran Kandros says his cousin is Nyreen Kandros from the Omega DLC