DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Original Thread

All I wanted to do was just get to this morning to create this but I forgot some of you don't sleep

Since I figure folks will avoid threads until they play - here is a thread they can totally avoid.

THAT BEING SAID - I still plan on using spoiler tags just to be courteous (not saying you have to but it is nice)

If you do use tags - try your best to label it so someone will know whether they are far enough along to read it

Also - it is best to use the other thread if trying to organize multiplayer 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Original Thread

All I wanted to do was just get to this morning to create this but I forgot some of you don't sleep

Since I figure folks will avoid threads until they play - here is a thread they can totally avoid.

THAT BEING SAID - I still plan on using spoiler tags just to be courteous (not saying you have to but it is nice)

If i had known you didnt want us to post, i would have held off. 

Honestly - I had originally been thinking I would do it on Tuesday when the game came out.

But that was also because I totally forgot about the early access until you and Dan started talking about it and by that point I just wanted to go to bed

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Honestly - I had originally been thinking I would do it on Tuesday when the game came out.

But that was also because I totally forgot about the early access until you and Dan started talking about it and by that point I just wanted to go to bed

Yeah, EA Access folks have first crack at the game.  Seven days of early access.

I won't be watching Twitch until next Wednesday.

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Sorry about that if it was unwanted. Tried to keep it all in spoiler tags, and even that stuff I tried to keep as spoilerless as possible.

I will say this, as a general note, and it's what I led off with: IMO, if you liked Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3, you will like Andromeda. 

Okay, so played some more Multiplayer. A couple of notes

No.1: No more "you level up one Vanguard, you level up all Vanguard" stuff. Each character has it's own level. It's still early game, so nobody is too high yet, so that means everyone feels underpowered right now. But getting through Bronze still doesn't feel super hard.  

No.2: I already got this games version of the N7 Fury: The Asari Adept has Annihilation, Lance, and Throw. Just reading through them, that is an absurdly powerful 3 power combo. Annihilation is an automatic primer, Lance and Throw are detonators that can, if set up right, recharge incredibly quickly. This will probably my first character I twenty.

So basically what you are saying is that I will never need to play another game ever again because my OCD will force me to play every single character 20495825 times.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

So basically what you are saying is that I will never need to play another game ever again because my OCD will force me to play every single character 20495825 times.

Fuck.  I already hate multiplayer.

So, my 10 hours is down. Managed to unlock the Turian Soldier, Asari Adept, an Asari Sentinal, and Krogan Engineer. Out of the base human classes (which there ar a male and female of each, like 3), I thought the Human Soldier (Who gets Overcharged, this games version of Marksman), Adept, Vanguard, and Sentinel seemed pretty solid. Didn't give Infiltrator a go though. Engineer looked interesting, but I played around more with the Krogan.

Overall, after more playing today, Multiplayer has my thumbs up. The Jet Packs make it feel much different then ME3, but just about everything else feels the same.

Interesting Human Sentinal Note: they have 2 detonators but no primers UNLESS you fully upgrade Barricade and make it so it sends electrcity anytime an enemy is close, which turns it into a primer. It's kind of a round about way to make a character work, but I'm interested in giving it a real go.

1 hour ago, El Dragon said:

Interesting Human Sentinal Note: they have 2 detonators but no primers UNLESS you fully upgrade Barricade and make it so it sends electrcity anytime an enemy is close, which turns it into a primer. It's kind of a round about way to make a character work, but I'm interested in giving it a real go.

Almost the same principle as the ME2 Sentinel where arguably your best optional build was to maximize and evolve Tech Armor and only train up your detonators (Throw and Overload?) and rely on your squaddie to provide a primer for tech bursts and biotic explosions.

I wasn't crazy about the one - two method of power combos in ME2, but eventually I got the timing down..  The mission on Freedom's Progress with Jacob and Miranda is pretty much a tutorial on how to master the Pull / Warp set-up and use it to do more damage to the YMIR mech.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just out of curiosity - are you not playing the single player or just not talking about it?

Not talking about it. Finished to the "hitting the stopping point of the Trial" day of. If you want general thoughts on that without spoiler territory, I'll say I'm enjoying the single player a good deal. The facial animations at times are a bit wonky, but the combat feels like the best the series has ever had, and even though I still have questions on the story (How did we never hear about this in ME2 or 3, how in the sam hell did they get the money to build multiple gigantic ships and a fucking space station, any why wasn't the actual plan to make all this happen more fleshed out), the characters are, well, Bioware characters. 

Also, the ship fucking rules so damned hard.

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Almost the same principle as the ME2 Sentinel where arguably your best optional build was to maximize and evolve Tech Armor and only train up your detonators (Throw and Overload?) and rely on your squaddie to provide a primer for tech bursts and biotic explosions.

Basically, though Barricade is a little more useful then Tech Armor was in ME3: Can be cover for you AND your allies, and you can unlock bonus to your guns or powers if behind it. 

Oh, I keep remembering other things worth mentioning about multiplayer: There is now a super cheap pack that just gives you the basic "supplies" stuff. It's a pretty nice thing to include, since sometimes you are just heavily short on that in particular. 

I've mostly just been sticking with the "Bronze Packs" when getting new stuff. Trying to level up my base guns so I don't have to worry about getting them later. I think 5 is the cap on guns now, not 10, but that's uncofirmed. My Viper is up to 4 already, and still holds steady as a pretty good Sniper Rifle, especially early.

Also, while SMG's are no longer in the game technically, most of the ones people liked just got filtered to the Pistol groupings. That includes the Hurricane, since someone else has already busted that shit out in some of my Multiplayer games.

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw a weapon that resembled N7 Hurricane in that ME: Andromeda multiplayer video.

Basically, though Barricade is a little more useful then Tech Armor was in ME3: Can be cover for you AND your allies, and you can unlock bonus to your guns or powers if behind it.

So Sentinels will finally live up to their billing and be able to defend someone other than themselves.

18 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

There is now a super cheap pack that just gives you the basic "supplies" stuff. It's a pretty nice thing to include, since sometimes you are just heavily short on that in particular. .

Unless you are credit pinching Rippa who would not even fucking pop a simple thermal clip pack to recover ammo even if his ass depended on it..

RIPPA:  Fucking Praetorian instakilled me.  Maybe I should've used a Cobra missle?

JT:  GODDAMMIT YOU FUCKING MISER, BURN A FUCKING ROCKET~!!!!!!!

But I am the bad guy if I rage on about ramdom player idiots who die the worst possible spot on the map surrounded by a horde of Collectors that don't sort themselves out and fucking use medi-gel and spare us the team wipe.

Back when using missiles actually had an animation, you could see Foz and Dan unshoulder their Cobras as soon as they heard a Banshee wail.

My recommendations on Youtube are filling with various videos bitching about something (I am not watching them but its lots of WORST GAME EVER!!! and WHAT WENT WRONG!!!)

Again - this is literally less than 48 hours after people have had the game

I probably just need to wipe my history otherwise at some point there is going to be a video titled with a major spoiler