DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

12 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I don't think my shitty laptop could handle them tbh and I don't have the spare time anymore. My last playthrough was perfect and the story went exactly as I wanted so I think it's best to just have the memories haha

This.

My last ME2 playthrough was about as perfectly engineered as I could get it, so I am fucking done.

I was even patient enough to run Shadow Broker and Arrival as epilogue adventures in prep for ME3, with Arrival being the very last DLC I played.

On 2/25/2019 at 8:55 AM, J.T. said:

Jesus, and people complain about me not being able to move on.

To be fair, I tried Red Dead and Red Dead Online, Fallout 76, and Assasins Creed Odyssey in the last 6 months and none of them have managed to hold my attention in the long term. I've been trying to find a new "this is my game for a while" game and it's just been tons of swings and misses. I at least still have tons of fun playing Mass Effect games. The only game I'm interested in replaying at all from the last... Jesus 2 years, I guess, is Spider-Man

10 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

To be fair, I tried Red Dead and Red Dead Online, Fallout 76, and Assasins Creed Odyssey in the last 6 months and none of them have managed to hold my attention in the long term. I've been trying to find a new "this is my game for a while" game and it's just been tons of swings and misses. I at least still have tons of fun playing Mass Effect games. The only game I'm interested in replaying at all from the last... Jesus 2 years, I guess, is Spider-Man

I feel like you would have played it already but maybe you haven't but Horizon Zero Dawn is the most Mass Effect game I have played in a long long time

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I feel like you would have played it already but maybe you haven't but Horizon Zero Dawn is the most Mass Effect game I have played in a long long time

I own it but haven't gone into a big playthrough of it yet. I have a PS4 but I got Horizon at the same time I got Spidey and MLB The Show, as well as Last of Us. Out of those 4 it was the one that fell by the way side. 

I should give it a run after my little Mass Effect run I'm on ends. 

Now I will say that I have barely scratched the surface on it so it is entirely possible that these choices I am making won't actually mean anything but hey, what would be more Mass Effect than that ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Now I will say that I have barely scratched the surface on it so it is entirely possible that these choices I am making won't actually mean anything but hey, what would be more Mass Effect than that ?

No No, you have to wait till Horizon 3 for that to REALLY become obvious :D

I haven't turned on my PS4 in 3 months and I don't know why exactly.

I'm getting close to breaking down and playing through 1-3 again.  Probably twice, to max everything out, since I'd be playing it on the One now.  I've never played 2 or 3 as anything other than a soldier, so I'm curious to see how something else works after getting a handle on other character types  via Andromeda online.  Unlike seemingly everybody else, I'm fine playing through 1 twice more, since in some ways I still prefer it to 2 or 3.

If I could easily buy them for the XBOX or PS4 - I would play them all right now

I can't begin to explain the number of times I have talked myself out of redoing a Dragon Age playthrough

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I can't begin to explain the number of times I have talked myself out of redoing a Dragon Age playthrough

You are either smart for not giving in or dumb for reconsidering so many times.

19 minutes ago, J.T. said:

You are either smart for not giving in or dumb for reconsidering so many times.

Its kinda like Robert said - when they made Origins a Game with Gold, I grabbed it.

The fact that I own a version of it tempts me. Plus everyone claims that DA2 is fixed and I kinda want to do a playthrough when I am not hate playing all the way (and I never finished it)

Of course I also never finished the DLC on Inquisitions so who am I kidding

But again - give me a remastered ME trilogy and katie bar the fucking door

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

But again - give me a remastered ME trilogy and katie bar the fucking door

There is a better parallel universe out there where I am playing the remastered trilogy that has reinstated the Dark Energy angle and where we use the Big Crunch ending to wipe out all of the Reapers and then My Shep hooks up with Ashley in the prologue and she finally tells me what she was going to say in ME1, but then said I had to come back to her alive before she said anything.

Matter of fact, I still think ME should've followed Jade Empire's lead.   If you started off flirting with both Liara and Ashley in ME1 and didn't sleep with either of them before the final battle and you weren't tempted by any other romantic interests through ME2, you should've been rewarded with a threesome with Liara and Ashley before the final battle in ME3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

I'm getting close to breaking down and playing through 1-3 again.  Probably twice, to max everything out, since I'd be playing it on the One now.  I've never played 2 or 3 as anything other than a soldier, so I'm curious to see how something else works after getting a handle on other character types  via Andromeda online.  Unlike seemingly everybody else, I'm fine playing through 1 twice more, since in some ways I still prefer it to 2 or 3.

For whatever it's worth, I will probably be playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer till the servers die, so if you wanted to give that a shot I'd love someone regular to play with.

Also, I totally have been playing Dragon Age Origins in the last couple months. Still really good imo.

also, if you have a physical copy and don't mind paying for Origins for a bit, you can play any Mass Effect game on the One. I literally have all 4 installed right now.

I'd be the first person in line to buy a version of the trilogy that I could play on the PS4. Unfortunately, playing the games at this point involves either digging out my PS3, buying an Xbox One just to play the trilogy, or getting it on PC, none of which are terribly appealing options to me right now.

Although given the way that Anthem is being reviewed and that Bioware could disappear in relatively short order as a result, I'm probably going to have to swallow hard and take one of those paths eventually.

On 2/26/2019 at 5:28 PM, J.T. said:

There is a better parallel universe out there where I am playing the remastered trilogy that has reinstated the Dark Energy angle and where we use the Big Crunch ending to wipe out all of the Reapers and then My Shep hooks up with Ashley in the prologue and she finally tells me what she was going to say in ME1, but then said I had to come back to her alive before she said anything.

I had no problem with the way the Trilogy played out, and I think the only logical end was heroic sacrifice, but I like this a lot

I'd replay the trilogy, except I'd be reminded that Andromeda exists and Anthem stole the resources that would have med it worth playing.

I actually tried to replay the trilogy a year or so ago, and realized that I like the original Mass Effect, but I love 2 and 97.8% of 3.  The original is just a little too outdated to hold my attention, and it makes me stop playing before I actually make it to the games I love.  

I wish the dark energy angle hadn't totally been dropped because it would have meant Gianna Parasini being referenced in ME3 as she was like the ONLY person who was in the first two but there is nothing in 3 about her

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I wish the dark energy angle hadn't totally been dropped because it would have meant Gianna Parasini being referenced in ME3 as she was like the ONLY person who was in the first two but there is nothing in 3 about her

You are weird.  Of all of the memorable characters in the game, you're a mark for Gianna Parasini?

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

She was long dead by the time I got to ME3.  My Shepard was often a terrible person;

One of these days, I'm really going to try and to a full Renegade run.  I tried it once, but I really find it hard to go full bad guy in games, I really do.  Last time I tried it, I just ended up bringing myself back up to tweener. Except for MGS4.  For whatever reason in that game, I have no issues going full Death Machine when I should be going for non-lethal all the time, it's odd.