DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

15 hours ago, AxB said:

I did them all twice no bother. Although wierdly I got the Stunt Jumps trophy for free with my online character, even though I'm missing like six of the fifty online.

Yeah, that is weird.  The Stunt Jumps did not register for me unless I did them in Story Mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I skipped a lot through it  - there isn't much beyond what we already talked about. (and why Mark put it in this thread and not the Andromeda thread, I don't know)

There is a LOT of recapping of story things in the first three games that didn't occur in Andromeda

Basically all the stuff that we obvious that they were going to resolve in future DLC/games he wanted resolved in Andromeda (the choice between scientific and military and the Alien AI are the two I saw before I couldn't take it anymore)

It was also weird that he was like I LOVE THESE GAMES AND KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM!!! and then kept bringing up things that he didn't know happened and I was like "did you not watch one fucking video about these games?"

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It was also weird that he was like I LOVE THESE GAMES AND KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM!!! and then kept bringing up things that he didn't know happened and I was like "did you not watch one fucking video about these games?"

This would probably infuriate me.

43 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I skipped a lot through it  - there isn't much beyond what we already talked about. (and why Mark put it in this thread and not the Andromeda thread, I don't know)

There is a LOT of recapping of story things in the first three games that didn't occur in Andromeda

Basically all the stuff that we obvious that they were going to resolve in future DLC/games he wanted resolved in Andromeda (the choice between scientific and military and the Alien AI are the two I saw before I couldn't take it anymore)

Since it was nominally about the whole series, I put it here. At least I didn't post it twice. :)

Funnily enough we are all talking this today when Casey Hudson posted a message today that was basically "Sorry we fucked up Andromeda. Please, for the love of God, buy Anthem"

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Funnily enough we are all talking this today when Casey Hudson posted a message today that was basically "Sorry we fucked up Andromeda. Please, for the love of God, buy Anthem"

I mean he's got his work cut out for him. After The Division and Destiny, Anthem looks like a game I'm going to stay far away from. I mean, the premise for Anthem couldn't be more like Destiny. 

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I read that article.  It was hilarious.

It is crazy that Hudson is referring to Andromeda as a bad game. 

The game itself wasn't bad. 

It was the game support that blew goats.  No DLC is Bullshit.

Oh, and fuck him and his, "Anthem will be better than Mass Effect."  I don't want Anthem to be better than Mass Effect.. 

I fucking want Andromeda to be better than Mass Effect 3.

What a dipshit this Casey Hudson fellow is.

Anthem can bite my ass.

On 4/17/2018 at 6:26 AM, CreativeControl said:

It's about three years since I did my grand unified playthrough of the trilogy. I wish I had the time or the PS3 to do it all again

Part of me wants to get an XBox One just so I can get the trilogy and play through it again.

And J.T. is right. . .Andromeda, in an of itself, wasn't a bad game. The game play was solid enough, and it certainly was pretty.

I did manage to make it through the entire video. . .and by that I mean "I cast it onto my TV and listened to it while I did other stuff". . .and the main point was, basically, this:

The writing was fucking awful, particularly compared to the other Mass Effect games, and there was no apparent motivation behind the Archon's actions. It was just, "Hey, these people want to settle here and the Archon doesn't want them to." Why? Who the hell knows?

Would they have fleshed that out in the sequels or in the DLC that they had clearly planned for given the number of loose ends that needed to be tied up? Who the hell knows?

I hope Anthem sells, like, six copies. Or at least does shitty enough where EA realizes how badly they screwed this up.

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

The writing was fucking awful, particularly compared to the other Mass Effect games, and there was no apparent motivation behind the Archon's actions. It was just, "Hey, these people want to settle here and the Archon doesn't want them to." Why? Who the hell knows?

The Archon was part of a race that assimilated other races in general due to general superiority complexes. Beyond that he was just a bit pissed that these newcomers somehow managed to figure out the ancient tech he had spent several centuries unable bypass, and then subsequently used them to do the dirty work. His motivations were there. That just sounds like someone who didn't play the game at all.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gonzo said:

I hope Anthem sells, like, six copies. Or at least does shitty enough where EA realizes how badly they screwed this up.

Seriously some of you need to actually think before you hit post. If this is your solution to what ails Bioware you are just actively hoping this industry gets even shittier at the AAA level than it already is. There are a couple of you in this thread that at this point just openly specialize in spewing sub-Twitch chat levels of stupid.

1 hour ago, username said:

Yeah, rooting for Anthem to fail and hence Bioware to cease to exist is a... strange way to express your love for the games they made and your desire for more to exist.

Because they're probably not making any more.

Because of how badly they fucked this one up.