DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

I heard.  I think it's a good move.

I believe they also approached Drew Karpyshyn, but he is happy with his light development schedule at Archetype Entertainment / Wizards of the Coast.  He's there with former Bioware leads, James Ohlen and Chad Robertson.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 10:36 AM, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I realized I never completed my first playthrough of the Remaster

That was supposed to be a summer project... oh well

I beat that fucking thing in about three weeks.   The bugged Paramour 3 achievement is still locked, but it will take a lot of motivation for me to go back just for that.  I never bother with Insanity runs, so that locked achievement can go pound sand.

On 8/2/2022 at 9:36 AM, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I realized I never completed my first playthrough of the Remaster

That was supposed to be a summer project... oh well

I'm probably around 70-80% done with 2 and haven't gone back in at least half a year. Really should beat it and FF7R.

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Raziel said:

So either not letting the Geth wipe out the Quarians is canon, or they eventually found the Quarian Ark.

The first one might be trickier to implement given that we can't even decide which Shepard ending is canon at this point, so I'd lean towards the second one.

Pretty sure that was supposed to be one of the Andromeda DLCs before EA decided to abandon ship.

16 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

The first one might be trickier to implement given that we can't even decide which Shepard ending is canon at this point, so I'd lean towards the second one.

Pretty sure that was supposed to be one of the Andromeda DLCs before EA decided to abandon ship.

Correct - the Quarian Ark story was then just released as a book

It would be an "easy" way to tie the two worlds together (ME and Andromeda)

That being said - it is also fairly easy to retcon the book out of canon

And while that is all vague enough, Reddit user freshavoc (that goes by eughenia_sh on Twitter) explained that they were able to get more out of the video by making a copy of the audio track and inverting the phase of that second track. This led to a secret message that appears to be fan-favorite asari Liara speaking to something or someone. It’s quite garbled and hard to make out, but she appears to be saying something along the lines of: “Exactly. The Council will be furious. Although, they should know by now not to underestimate human defiance. It always was their most [inaudible] trait. I didn’t see it. How did we miss this?”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Sure as fuck sounds like she is talking to a Geth (so probably isn’t but what if she is…)

Definitely a Geth which means that Destroy isn't the choice that Shepard makes in ME3 leading up to the events of this game, otherwise there would be no Geth or any sentient AIs for that matter.

Also another little nugget re: Liara

Mike Gamble is the project director of ME4 (and also a dirty Kaiden supporter)

I mean I am just gonna assume the redacted is "Matriarch"

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 11:19 PM, J.T. said:

Definitely a Geth which means that Destroy isn't the choice that Shepard makes in ME3 leading up to the events of this game, otherwise there would be no Geth or any sentient AIs for that matter.

I guess if you want to keep the Geth and eliminate any possibility that the Destroy ending is your canon ending, that makes sense.

I'm not sure of the timeline between when the Quarians created the Geth and the Geth gaining sentience or anything like that, but given that Liara is only in her early hundreds during the original trilogy and Asari have life spans that can get north of 1,000, it wouldn't seem to be entirely out of the realm of possibility that there's another VI/AI race that has gained some degree of sentience by the time we get to this game, particularly if you're going to try to tie the original trilogy and Andromeda together somehow, given that the trip from the Milky Way to Andromeda was supposed to be around 600 years if memory serves correctly.

(What a fucking run-on sentence that was. Good lord.)

Edited by Gonzo
  • Sad 1