DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

30 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Is this the same tour where Graham Norton made fun if Cavill for doing Warhammer? 

Yes - though folks really made a mountain out of a molehill on that Norton clip

Yeah, I get bored and wanna see what's going on. You can't get a game without going through quick game and taking what you get (or not, depending on what it is). Trying to start your own game is impossible. Makes daily objectives harder. If I had to guess, there may be 10 or so on at midnight eastern.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That reddit thread is interesting as I couldn't figure out what part of the game that was but someone mentioned it was when you get the lamp for the two stoners and then I instantly remembered that mission

And someone posted why the scene was cut

Not sure about the others, but this one was mentioned in their "Stories and Secrets" book. Something about the ratings review board, and how they missed the deadline for disclosing "drug references" in the game. I remember looking it up when I first found this cut dialogue because I thought it was a bug.

Now I am trying to remember all the Andromeda links to original ME characters (besides obviously Liara)

• There is now that one to Mordin
  • Garrus' Dad
  • Nyreen Kandros' brother??? cousin???
  • Zaeed Massani's Son
  • Conrad Verner's Sister
  • A lot of the Cerberus folks (Illusive Man, Miranda) get named dropped

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Now I am trying to remember all the Andromeda links to original ME characters (besides obviously Liara)

• Garrus' Dad
  • Zaeed Massani's Son
  • Conrad Verner's Sister

There’s a side mission in Andromeda that makes reference to Project Overlord.

https://masseffectandromeda.fandom.com/wiki/The_Firefighters

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

• Garrus' Dad
  • Zaeed Massani's Son
  • Conrad Verner's Sister

I beat the game and I remember exactly none of that, including Liara.  The game obviously left a deep impression on me.  

I can tell you where the ammo drops are on just about every multiplayer map, but it took me forever to even recall the player character's name.  

I keep telling myself that I hate myself enough to do another playthrough of Andromeda

But I never even finished my playthrough of the Legendary Edition so that will never happen

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I keep telling myself that I hate myself enough to do another playthrough of Andromeda

But I never even finished my playthrough of the Legendary Edition so that will never happen

Poor stack of unplayed games 

• 2 months later...

Mary DeMarle - who was the lead writer on the Guardians of the Galaxy game - has joined Bioware and will be the Senior Narrative Director for the next Mass Effect game

• Like 1

I heard.  I think it's a good move.

I believe they also approached Drew Karpyshyn, but he is happy with his light development schedule at Archetype Entertainment / Wizards of the Coast.  He's there with former Bioware leads, James Ohlen and Chad Robertson.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 10:36 AM, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I realized I never completed my first playthrough of the Remaster

That was supposed to be a summer project... oh well

I beat that fucking thing in about three weeks.   The bugged Paramour 3 achievement is still locked, but it will take a lot of motivation for me to go back just for that.  I never bother with Insanity runs, so that locked achievement can go pound sand.

On 8/2/2022 at 9:36 AM, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I realized I never completed my first playthrough of the Remaster

That was supposed to be a summer project... oh well

I'm probably around 70-80% done with 2 and haven't gone back in at least half a year. Really should beat it and FF7R.

• 3 months later...