DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

No one else will tell you this but I'm the only honest one on this forum - ME3 is an average game and the worst in the series. Still worth playing but man is it a slog at times.

So far, this game has put me to sleep twice. This is just nowhere near as good as ME1 or 2.

ME1 Completed, and indeed Platinumed. Didn't want to take Kaiden on the final mission, but the Neural Shock Trophy hadn't unlocked yet. But yeah, on to ME2 sometime.

• Like 1

Played for the first time in a week yesterday - finish Leviathan

Yeah - I can totally understand why the most popular theory on the big bad/thing to link Mass Effect and Andromeda is something to do with Leviathan/The Intelligence/Apex Race

The supporting arguments for Destroy is it being the default and only ending available no matter what. 

Also explains why the check in beacons from Andromeda never got answered. 

Well folks also use the fact that a Mass Relay is being fixed in the ME4 trailer

Not to mention Bioware ALWAYS used the bleakest ending possible as the ending you get if you don't import a save (like the council dies in ME1, there is no Legion in ME3, etc...)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Played for the first time in a week yesterday - finish Leviathan

Yeah - I can totally understand why the most popular theory on the big bad/thing to link Mass Effect and Andromeda is something to do with Leviathan/The Intelligence/Apex Race

I haven't heard this theory. What is it? 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I gotta stop reading shit since realizing that Destroy is all but confirmed as the cannon ending is making me sad

I keep hoping they only do a partial Destroy. I really want EDI and the Geth to survive.

36 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I haven't heard this theory. What is it? 

It is nothing more organized that the idea that they would most likely be aware of the arks and know that species from our galaxy have expanded to other ones. (It it noted that the Quarian Ark basically left as the Reapers began their invasion. Or since the Leviathan was already observing all the species - they had a thrall of some sorts on one of the Arks)

The other most common idea - which also would make people the angriest I think - is that it will be the Kett since they are now aware of our Galaxy and they want revenge.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is nothing more organized that the idea that they would most likely be aware of the arks and know that species from our galaxy have expanded to other ones. (It it noted that the Quarian Ark basically left as the Reapers began their invasion. Or since the Leviathan was already observing all the species - they had a thrall of some sorts on one of the Arks)

The other most common idea - which also would make people the angriest I think - is that it will be the Kett since they are now aware of our Galaxy and they want revenge.

Wow, I'm the opposite. Linking shit back to the Reapers and Leviathans would be fucking moronic and uncreative as fuck. Their story is done. I fucking hated the idea I recently saw that one developer had with the Reapers following to Andromeda for the Quarian ark dlc. It misses the points of the trilogy and Andromeda. The Reapers don't give a shit about other galaxies. Their focus was basically the experiment being run on ours while Andromeda was about somewhat fresh start.

I liked the idea of Kett. After what we had in the trilogy in the Reapers it just makes far more sense to deal with an enemy more on a human level, mentality and emotional wise.

The reason why they made Andromeda is because they were adamant that the Trilogy was over, and so the option of a direct sequel was off the table. So it had to be either a prequel, or a side-quel, and they didn't really see anything dramatically interesting in the First Contact War or anything.

ME3 continues to annoy me in ways the first two didn't. System exploration and scanning is so much more frustrating. Every time I do a scan fucking Reapers come out. I also don't like pinging around a system to find something to explore. It felt more satisfying to go to a planet and scan in it, but maybe I'm weird. 

Combat also feels pretty easy. Charge in shotgun shit, charge again, charge again. 

There are some other systems I do like though. I like the galaxy preparedness and war effort stuff. It feels like there is a greater variety of weapons again. 1 just threw a bunch of garbage at you and 2 stripped things down so much that you'd only have 4 different shotguns or pistols to use. And I like there being mods for that stuff again.

It's all a very mixed bag. 

ME3's combat suffers from it being built to scale with someone playing from scratch.  Bringing in a fully Lvl 30 character from ME2 breaks the game in the player's favor as the enemy scaling wasn't built to handle the passive bonuses early-mid game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Folks are working themselves into a shoot over the "fact" that EA/Bioware will be using the Unreal Engine instead of Frostbite for ME4

This is all based on a job posting where EA/Bioware is looking a technical director "with experience using the Unreal Engine"

It is gonna be a long five years...

• Haha 1

Lair of the Shadow Broker is done. Even though I've not recruited the full squad yet, or done any loyalty missions (I'm about to start Miranda's). Annoying that you can't properly re-romance Liara, so to get the committed relationship trophy, you have to (to all intents and purposes) cheat on her.

Playing through ME2 with my "Cerberus Sellout" Shep.

Basically role playing the idea that Shep died and Cerberus have made a few upgrades to his way of thinking, as well as his body.

David is staying with the project. If we can control the Geth we could end this war.

We destroyed the Genophage data. The Krogan must not be allowed to re-populate.

We made sure Tali was exiled. Now she has no choice but to help us.

#humanityfirst

ME2 is done.

We lost Tali at the first door, Garrus was swept up by the Collector Swarm, Zaaed went down with the distraction team, Grunt & Thane bit the dust after fighting the Human Reaper and Jack didn't survive the firefight.

Mordin made it though so we are all good ?

Now to ME3 and getting control of more Geth. That'll get us closer to contr... Defeating the Reapers!!

Edited by L_W_P