DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Not as good as Drunk Tali and her emergency induction port. 

Drunk Tali on the Normandy is just a taste of what you'll get when she gets tore down at the Citadel party.

Shuuuuuuuummmmm....  Shuuuuuuummmmm...

Edited by J.T.

Ontarom  (nearly forgot about the fucking Cerberus codes....) and Horizon / Sanctuaryare a wrap and went to enjoy Chapter One of the Drunk Tali Chronicles.   The ME3 Locust is a shit SMG.  Why wait until the ass end of the game to hand it out?

Gonna watch NXT on TV in about an hour or so and maybe check out the AEW stream on YouTube at the same time.  I'll start Citadel tomorrow.

Edited by J.T.

I don't think my Shep is OP, but I have magaged to create some tandems that are crazy good against certain enemies.  Javik and Liara practically melted the Brutes and Banshees during the Sanctuary fights.  They have been my Reaper Killer team for a while now.

Edited by J.T.

My Shep was level 60 for a long time before I ever got close to the final missions. 

I really only just Jaavik when I know there will be good dialog. Otherwise, it's Garrus, Edi, Tali or Liara, depending on the enemy type. 

The Armor / Barrier damage for Dark Channel and Warp stacks so if you are facing Reapers, Liara and Javik are an ideal team. 

James and Javik / Liara are also not bad together against Reapers if you specced James's Frags to do Armor damage.  Then you just leave the Barrier smashing to Javik / Liara and whatever Shield / Barrier damaging power you have. 

I keep Disruptors on my weapons to help damage Barriers and then switch to Cryo to smash Armor.

I would say you are the only person who likes James but I also realize you aren't playing as a Soldier

This is why James and Ashley always stay on the Normandy. I don't them doubling up with my powers. Far too many people have Concussive Shot

I generally rotate through the pair of Tali/Liara/Garrus

If I know I am fighting Reapers - especially if I know Banshees are present - I always bring Tali just because I throw out a Combat Drone and that keeps Banshees still enough for me to two shot them with my beautiful beautiful Black Widow

That being said - like Mark said - Javik definitely gets used for special dialogue. (Like I know I have to bring him to Thessia to crush everything Liara has ever known)

I also bring Javik to Thessia to break Liara's will with snarky dialogue, but the Barrier / Armor damage against Banshees and Ravagers is a bonus.

And yeah, I'm not a Soldier so I only have two characters with Concussive Shot (Garrus / Ashley).  Vega is good to bring along because he can detonate his own Fire Combos with Carnage while I can detonate my own Cryo combos with Incinerate or Energy Drain. 

Vega can also detonate the Fire Combos that Ashley primes with her IGs or she can detonate her own with Concussive Shot, depending on who cools down first..

Edited by J.T.

55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

When I need Fire, I use EDI

Everyone non Biotic that isn't Garrus has some sort of Fire ability.  EDI is arguably the best because she gets the double bump (you can spec her to bump overall Power Damage and then bump her specifically for Tech Damage.)

Then I just give her an SMG and a Pistol with Ultralight Materials on them to keep her weight down and pick an appearance that buffs her Power Damage even more.  Everyone already has stupid fast cooldowns thanks to bonuses from the Intel I've collected.

Edited by J.T.

Christ. I'm nearly done with all of the loyalty missions on ME2. It's starting to feel like a chore completing these. I almost want to skip Kasumi and Thane's because that's all I have left. After that, all that's left for me is Shadow Broker and fighting the Collectors.

That lead me to think if any of the loyalty missions were good. Tali's was pretty interesting and it was one of the first times I went with the Renegade option, choosing to out what her dad did because in my mind, it would maybe lead to the Quarians retaking their home planet. That earned me 32 Renegade points. It's the most amount of Renegade points I've ever earned in one fell swoop. It still didn't move my Renegade meter thing past its first marker. 

Zaeed's was somewhat interesting. I thought it was fun racing through the fire to save people and some of the options you're given at the end looked game changing. Actually, both Zaeed's and Samara's missions looked like they could result in both of them leaving the team...in different ways. Surely one of you had to have chosen to kill Samara, which seemed like a fucked up option. If you do that, does her daughter join the team instead?

I also found some of the hidden missions JT was kinda talking about. Found two of them so far. One was taking out the Blue Suns. The other was winding up on a planet where those mother fucking Batarians had launched two missiles at two different sites. I wound up saving the residential area over the industrial area.

Fucking Batarians. They should die.

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That lead me to think if any of the loyalty missions were good. Tali's was pretty interesting and it was one of the first times I went with the Renegade option, choosing to out what her dad did because in my mind, it would maybe lead to the Quarians retaking their home planet. That earned me 32 Renegade points. It's the most amount of Renegade points I've ever earned in one fell swoop. It still didn't move my Renegade meter thing past its first marker. 

You realize that because you made this choice, Tali is not loyal to you - despite completing the "loyalty" mission. This can happen in many of the missions - Zaeed and Samara like you mentioned. I know it also can happen with Thane (I think there are others but I am spacing all the missions at the moment)

And yes - Morinth pretends to be Samara and no one notices (well Kelly kinda suspects something is up)

• Haha 1

I'm laughing at Morinth replacing Samara and no one noticing. Sounds like some wild "New Becky in Rosanne" type stuff. And now that you mention it, I don't remember getting the trophy for Tali's mission, probably because she isn't loyal to me, which bums me out. It's the most conflicted I've been. I know she wanted to protect her dad, but logically, her dad needed to be outed AND his work in introducing a virus into the Geth looked like it would lead to them getting their planet back. Tali drops that line though that Shep doesn't know how it is and one hull breach would wipe out her whole civilization was heavy. Now I feel like I should re-load that save.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Also to clarify - disloyal teammates don't leave but it is really hard to keep them alive during the suicide mission

Oh man...Tali, Garrus, and maybe Grunt are my favorites and Tali is the only one that isn't loyal. Shit.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Oh man...Tali, Garrus, and maybe Grunt are my favorites and Tali is the only one that isn't loyal. Shit.

Just to make you worry even more - Tali is the 2nd hardest person to keep alive in the suicide mission behind Mordin (since they are so squishy)

They keep bringing up how this is going to be a suicide mission and I keep thinking that, nah, it's not going to be that bad because no other mission in the game has been that bad or hard. I guess I'll find out for myself soon enough.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

You realize that because you made this choice, Tali is not loyal to you - despite completing the "loyalty" mission. This can happen in many of the missions - Zaeed and Samara like you mentioned. I know it also can happen with Thane (I think there are others but I am spacing all the missions at the moment)

And yes - Morinth pretends to be Samara and no one notices (well Kelly kinda suspects something is up)

You can fail Tali, Samara, Thane, and Zaeed.  You can lose Legion's depending on choices, and you can lose either Miranda OR Jack, depending on choices.

33 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Oh, you outed Tali's Dad's stuff in court instead of letting Xen find it on his own.  Have fun with Rannoch in 3.

I actually applaud Craig's choices.  I am wired too much towards successful completion to do things in my game that would result in worst ending imaginable.  

Edited by J.T.