DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I think I was 50% done with the mail slot achievement before even leaving Mars

Why are you letting your squadmates use their own abilities?

At first, I was dumb and did not check the gameplay settings and then I old and kept forgetting and then I was lazy and just wanted to get through the mission.

I probably could've had Mail Slot done before leaving Mars if it weren't for Liara.. er the gameplay settings... er.. me being lazy...

I almost fucked up and recruited Dr. Chakwas to be the ship's doctor.  I think Dr. Michel needs to be your medical support in order to get the Turian Chocolate scene with Tali and Garrus during the Geth Dreadnaught mission.

Edited by J.T.

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I almost fucked up and recruited Dr. Chakwas to be the ship's doctor.  I think Dr. Michel needs to be your medical support in order to get the Turian Chocolate scene with Tali and Garrus during the Geth Dreadnaught mission.

Yes but one scene should not be the reason you bring stupid Dr Michel along

Chakwas would have probably preferred to be melted in a collector pod than suffer your disloyalty

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yes but one scene should not be the reason you bring stupid Dr Michel along.

Of course that is not the only reason.  Chakwas at R&D = War Assets just like agreeing to bring along dumb Diana Allers is.  If I am stupid and decide to cheat on Ashley, I may as well do it with Jessica Chobot while Ashley is at Huerta Memorial in a coma, right?

I am now wondering if I should pull an Odessa Steps Special and wait until after Ashley is better before I go to Eden Prime to recruit Javik.  I am leaning towards, "no."

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Chakwas would have probably preferred to be melted in a collector pod than suffer your disloyalty.

It's for the greater good!

Jesus, the conversation between the old lady struggling with dementia and Asari admin at the Human embassy always stabs me in the heart.  It also makes me laugh.  The old lady tells the Asari that she is a nice young woman when in reality, the Asari is probably much older than that old lady is.

Edited by J.T.

It's off to Palaven to recruit Garrus.  I'll make a decision on Eden Prime later.

3 hours ago, Robert C said:

So far the most annoying part of ME3 is that Shepard still runs like a Bushwhacker wannabe in casual clothes 

If you switch your casual outfit to Option 4, you'll be dressed in that regulation uniform only it will have the System's Alliance logo on it.  That always makes me feel official enough.  I don't mind wearing the Cerberus Officer's garb in ME2, but I don't feel right walking around in the SA Admiral's outfit in ME3.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Jesus, the conversation between the old lady struggling with dementia and Asari admin at the Human embassy always stabs me in the heart.  It also makes me laugh.  The old lady tells the Asari that she is a nice young woman when in reality, the Asari is probably much older than that old lady is.

I literally just commented to my wife about how this story thread hits WAY harder now.

I just spent 90 minutes running around the Citadel collecting all the side missions, etc...

Granted I think 10 minutes of that was listening to Blasto. Forgot we heard the sex scene....

• Haha 1

Went through Omega yesterday. Managed to not find Aria's couch for Harriot. Damn it.

Since my Paragon score is high enough to save both the Quarians and the Geth later on I allowed myself a rare Renegade moment by putting a bullet in Petrovsky's head, largely because I figured it would irritate Aria.

Think it's time to go visit the Perseus Veil.

Just left EDI's room after talking to Dr. Michel.  Was the Dr. Core android wearing slip-ons or something?

I am woefully out of practice.  I nearly forgot to hit up the conquered systems for War Assets and Intel before moving on to Palaven.  I did not forget that I should scan the outlying systems in a cluster first before scanning the one with the Mass Relay. 

That way I won't cut myself off from an escape route when the Reapers undoubtedly come to investigate my signal pulses.

RIP Batarian Hegemony.  At least there were 300,000 less Batarians to convert into Cannibals since I smashed the Alpha Relay with that planetoid.

Either I am crazy or this FENRIS Mech patrolling the Cargo Bay was DLC that I never downloaded.

I am not happy about having a second display wall to fill with model ships or having to buy new fish.   It's as if the game taunts me with money sinks.

Edited by J.T.

14 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Either I am crazy or this FENRIS Mech patrolling the Cargo Bay was DLC that I never downloaded.

Its was DLC so… yeah I guess you never got it

There are two eavesdropping conversation trains that I either miss the end or were just never finished.  First is the Quarian and the Friendzoned Turian in Eternity on Ilum in ME2, and the second is the Turian Info clerk and the human teenager waiting for her parents in the Refugee docks in 3.  I don't think either ever get finished.  The latter depresses me considering what happens to the Citadel.

3 minutes ago, Raziel said:

First is the Quarian and the Friendzoned Turian in Eternity on Ilum in ME2, 

It ends with the two of them yelling at Shepard for eavesdropping (right when she is about to fire up the nerve stim program)

Side note - if you read Tali's Shadow Broker dossier, she is constantly installing and uninstalling it

Palaven is a wrap.   Had to revert to a save because the moronic Brutes kept targeting Garrus and Vega rather than charging at me.   Finally pulled off a near point blank Eye of the Hurricane and damn near killed Vega and Garrus in the process.  Stupid Blackstar.

My dudes are melting enemies before I get a chance to get off a Tech Burst.  If they continue to be super lethal, I may have to respec them or I'll never get these achievements.

Edited by J.T.

ME3 decided to get all buggy last night.  About halfway through the fight to get to the shroud on Tuchanka, I ran into a couple Rachni, with a few smaller things surrounding them, that I could not target with biotic charge.  I ran right up to their faces, and still couldn't hit them.  Finally had to get Garrus and Edi to kill em for me. The last rachni took me out, just as my helpers killed it. Apparently it autosaved when that last rachni died, because reloaded right were I'd died.  All the enemies were dead, but I couldn't move in any direction.  

Fortunately, I had a manual save from just before the fight started, so I went back to that and stayed in cover till they were dead.  

And apparently after I looked it up, it's a bug others have seen, since I see it listed in the second bug here (whoever filed it REALLY needs to learn the difference between "bride" and "bridge"):

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition/Two-Quest-Breaking-Bugs/td-p/10382933

Edited by Robert C

Holy shit - I had my closest encounter ever with the Reapers when scanning

Went looking for one of the random items request on the Citadel

So the system I go to has only 2 things - I grab the quest item first. Then I scan the 2nd. Well in this system - two scans is enough to bring hellfire down

I got cocky and went "I am grabbing this wreckage first and then I will leave". What I forgot to do - was check where the fuck the Reapers would be coming from. Oh and there were FOUR of them.

Somehow I threaded the needle in between 3 ships went to the Mass Relay all the while forgetting how fucking fast the Reapers were. I still don't know how I got credit for escaping because those fuckers were on top of me when I hit the relay but EDI said I escaped and I got the achievement.

• Thanks 1

Did the side mission at was on Firebase Glacier

Oh the memories that came rushing back

It is really really fitting that while on that map, I got the melee achievement via a grab

I'm chillin' out in California visiting family.  Parked in orbit over Sur'Kesh.  Forgot that you can't spell Dalarass without ass.  God, how I hate her.  I'll start up again when I get back next Tuesday.

• Like 1

Well they are only in systems with a Reaper on them so you kinda know where they are going in

I too just finished Grissom Academy. Earlier today I revisited Eden Prime

Yesterday evening I did my first check in with Miranda and caught up with Kasumi. God I wish she had a larger role

I am trying to decide if I want to do one of these other DLCs or go to Sur'Kesh

You might want to wait until after doing the Tuchanka stuff before running Omega, the Adjutant's can get a little hairy early game.  Leviathan doesn't really have any hard stuff.  Save Citadel for right before the endgame.

8 minutes ago, Raziel said:

You might want to wait until after doing the Tuchanka stuff before running Omega, the Adjutant's can get a little hairy early game.  Leviathan doesn't really have any hard stuff.  Save Citadel for right before the endgame.

Oh I know about Citadel

I think - THINK - funnily enough that last time that Omega gave me no problems but for some reason the end of Leviathan did

I saved and saved and saved so I could immediately buy the Black Widow

Why?

So when the Atlas shows up to attack the pod I can have Garrus overload it and then take it down in 3 shots

I've always encouraged Stout to buy the original games since he liked Andromeda.  Then I replayed Rannoch last night.  I'd forgotten how that reaper fight goes.  Worst, for me.  Have to do 20 Mary Lous in a row to avoid the Reaper, and if you screw even one of em up, you get to start over.  I'm picturing him getting positively apoplectic over it.