DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Boy - I am taking it as not a good sign that three times between getting off Earth and Priority Mars, I had dead enemies but the game thought they were still alive so nothing would progress.

Twice I had find just the right angle to hit them with a Concussive Shot to kill them.

And that isn't even bringing up Ashley getting stuck in a corner and doing the "squadmate doesn't follow" bit

Yeah, Anderson was doing weird shit so I just got an ability up to six to get an achievement and then undid the points.   I'll tackle this later.

I'm gonna eat these shrimp I just grilled and watch people beat the shit out of each other during the UFC prelims.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

She has - she says so in ME3

But she needs Shepard's encouragement to do an actual introduction

It's been a while since I last sifted through the minutiae of these games.  I'm actually surprised by the little stuff that I've forgotten.

Yeah - when I went to the hospital, my Shepard kept randomly moonwalking and then glitching back into place

Another patch would be welcome

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

One of my few Renegade preferences is to punch our the obnoxious repoter in the Citadel. 

I only do that when I am Renegade FemShep and even then I have reservations about striking a woman.

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

if only you could do the same to the infotainment babe played by whats her name (from G4?). 

You mean Diana Allers aka Jessica Chobot?  Are you punching Diana because she is annoying or because you're punching Jessica Chobot by proxy.

I think that her current husband, Blair Herter, could take you.

Edited by J.T.

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I only do that when I am Renegade FemShep and even then I have reservations about striking a woman.

You mean Diana Allers aka Jessica Chobot?  Are you punching Diana because she is annoying or because you're punching Jessica Chobot by proxy.

I think that her current husband, Blair Herter, could take you.

Since im FemShep, no intergender violence.

i dont even remember the real woman on G4. Its the idea of embedding a ditzy reporter on the ship during a war. Wasnt there some black comedy that had that premise during the Iraq War (maybe the Gulf War) 

i got as far as the first Turian mission before stopping to watch the Copa. Prob more later. 

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Since im FemShep, no intergender violence.

I keep forgetting that nearly all of your game toons are women.  Sorry, dude.  It's been a while since we last had a quiet evening of beers and darts in GTA Online.

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

i dont even remember the real woman on G4. Its the idea of embedding a ditzy reporter on the ship during a war. Wasnt there some black comedy that had that premise during the Iraq War (maybe the Gulf War) 

I think the Diana Allers thing may have been a parody of Iraqi War reporters embedded in the Army that unwittingly aided the enemy with their comprehensive journalism. Why send spies when you can just watch CNN and figure out what the enemy is doing?

I am not a fan of Allers, but the game does not give you good reasons for booting off of the Normandy other than Because I'm the Captain, That's Why.

Diana's main crime is that she is not Emily Wong.  

Edited by J.T.

Yeah, none of the Brutes were an issue for me. Or the Marauders. 

I haven’t relearned the mail slot skill yet. Oddly, I still don’t have a shotgun yet, which was my main firearm in both games so far. 

Andromeda is $8 with the current Playstation store sale, so I grabbed it. I've just now gotten to the Nexus station, so I'm maybe an hour in. I've played this before, but where I'm at right now is about where I quit originally and just forgot the game ever existed.

Kumail Nanjiani as a Salarian is weird and I don't like it. Not a fan of how this game just ignores everything you did in the original trilogy. No cure for the Krogan genophage? I DISAGREE!

25 minutes ago, Casey said:

Kumail Nanjiani as a Salarian is weird and I don't like it. Not a fan of how this game just ignores everything you did in the original trilogy. No cure for the Krogan genophage? I DISAGREE!

I mean it starts before ME3 and takes places in another galaxy. its sort of hard to work with much of what you from the original trilogy.

• Like 1

Yeah, any Krogan that left for Andromeda would still have the genophage and they would've been in cryo during the events of ME3.   

Any transmissions from the Milky Way to Andromeda would take six hundred years to get there, so any data bursts about the genophage cure would have had to have been broadcast more or less on the same day that the arks left for Andromeda for them to receive the information by the time they arrived.

Well, it's off and up out with ME3 now.   Knock Andromeda all you want, but I felt 1000% more mobile in that game.  Mantling, vaulting, and fast climb in ME3 are quantum improvements over ME1, but being able to climb, jump, and hover in Andromeda were huge and I am not a big fan of platforming in RPGs.

It amuses me that telling Vega to shut the fuck up, stand down, and follow orders is a Paragon interrupt.

You would think that me ventilating the skulls of Cerberus Troopers from 45 meters out with a Mantis sniper rifle would convince Ashley that I am no longer working for the Illusive Man...  Her mistrust is getting on my nerves.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Fucking Liara.   While I am thankful for the Singularities that saved my ass, I am not happy about the once that cost me Mail Slot attempts.   I am two wigsplitters shy of the achievement thanks to Liara hurling Biotics willy nilly and swiping the shields away from Guardians before I can sight down on them.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Fuck do I hate the overheard conversations in the hospital 

This is not a happy game

Yeah, I just finished talking to Bailey.  This hospital is more depressing than the ones I've been to in real life.

I totally forgot about Dr. Eva Core's Aeon Flux hairdo.  The seeds of kinkbot EDI are planted.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

I think I was 50% done with the mail slot achievement before even leaving Mars

Why are you letting your squadmates use their own abilities?

2 minutes ago, Robert C said:

So far the most annoying part of ME3 is that Shepard still runs like a Bushwhacker wannabe in casual clothes 

Oh God yeah - and does that weird head tilt thing

WTF is up with that?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I think I was 50% done with the mail slot achievement before even leaving Mars

Why are you letting your squadmates use their own abilities?

At first, I was dumb and did not check the gameplay settings and then I old and kept forgetting and then I was lazy and just wanted to get through the mission.

I probably could've had Mail Slot done before leaving Mars if it weren't for Liara.. er the gameplay settings... er.. me being lazy...

I almost fucked up and recruited Dr. Chakwas to be the ship's doctor.  I think Dr. Michel needs to be your medical support in order to get the Turian Chocolate scene with Tali and Garrus during the Geth Dreadnaught mission.

Edited by J.T.

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I almost fucked up and recruited Dr. Chakwas to be the ship's doctor.  I think Dr. Michel needs to be your medical support in order to get the Turian Chocolate scene with Tali and Garrus during the Geth Dreadnaught mission.

Yes but one scene should not be the reason you bring stupid Dr Michel along

Chakwas would have probably preferred to be melted in a collector pod than suffer your disloyalty

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yes but one scene should not be the reason you bring stupid Dr Michel along.

Of course that is not the only reason.  Chakwas at R&D = War Assets just like agreeing to bring along dumb Diana Allers is.  If I am stupid and decide to cheat on Ashley, I may as well do it with Jessica Chobot while Ashley is at Huerta Memorial in a coma, right?

I am now wondering if I should pull an Odessa Steps Special and wait until after Ashley is better before I go to Eden Prime to recruit Javik.  I am leaning towards, "no."

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Chakwas would have probably preferred to be melted in a collector pod than suffer your disloyalty.

It's for the greater good!

Jesus, the conversation between the old lady struggling with dementia and Asari admin at the Human embassy always stabs me in the heart.  It also makes me laugh.  The old lady tells the Asari that she is a nice young woman when in reality, the Asari is probably much older than that old lady is.

Edited by J.T.

It's off to Palaven to recruit Garrus.  I'll make a decision on Eden Prime later.

3 hours ago, Robert C said:

So far the most annoying part of ME3 is that Shepard still runs like a Bushwhacker wannabe in casual clothes 

If you switch your casual outfit to Option 4, you'll be dressed in that regulation uniform only it will have the System's Alliance logo on it.  That always makes me feel official enough.  I don't mind wearing the Cerberus Officer's garb in ME2, but I don't feel right walking around in the SA Admiral's outfit in ME3.

Edited by J.T.