DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Overlord would've been more palatable if you could actually save in the Hammerhead instead of always having to do those entire segments over if the tissue paper hull gave way.

One of the underappreciated random conversations in 3 is Vega and Cortez arguing the points of the Mako and Hammerhead.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I forgot how fucked up Jacob's loyalty mission is... well more specifically how fucked up Jacob's father is

Harkin's douche-ness pales in comparison to Jacob's father.   I am surprised that there was no Paragon option where you had to convince Jacob not to execute his dad on the spot.

Played Samara's recruitment mission and somehow missed 3K credits.  I'll run through it again later on.

God the Lair of the Shadow Broker is so good.

Didn't cheat on Tali to rekindle with Liara.

Will read through the Dossiers later

Now I just need to make sure I didn't miss any small side missions before getting the Reaper IFF

(For story sake - I do Arrival post end game)

Well, hey!  I don't have to redo Samara's recruitment.  I forgot that this mission is shitty like Mordin's recruitment and you have to be a douchebag if you want to earn the maximum number of available credits.  You can't get max credits in Mordin's mission unless you allow the Batarian plague victim to die and you can't get the max amount of credits in Samara's mission unless you accept Pitne For's bribe in exchange for his shipping manifest.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Didn't you say earlier you weren't hurting for credits? 

I'm not hurting for creds, but I don't like my balance to get too low.  I'll definitely be pushing poverty once I buy these upgrades.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - now I am down to one upgrade left to buy and I don’t think there is anything left for me to do so I guess the last Shotgun upgrade is gonna have to wait till a 2nd play through 

EDIT - Okay, I forgot. If I do it properly - I can visit one of the hub planets without triggering bad things so I could grab the last upgrade prior to Legion's loyalty mission

I have to start watching the budget.   There are some weapon upgrades I want to buy, but I need to make sure I have enough petty cash to get Ordinance Packs (available at Harrot's after the Derelict Collector Ship mission) and the Asymetrical Defense Layer (at Ratch's Wares on Tuchanka) to finish my armor upgrades.

I've bought all of the star charts from Baria Frontiers, so that's four more side gigs for me to farm credits from.

Edited by J.T.

Did the Tali mission. Its fun to hear her  and her squadmate dialogue when you have Legion in your squad. 

just got raided by the collectors. May do tali and legion loyalty missions tonight.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Did the Tali mission. Its fun to hear her  and her squadmate dialogue when you have Legion in your squad. 

just got raided by the collectors. May do tali and legion loyalty missions tonight.

Clock's tickin', dude.

I knocked out Zaeed's loyalty mission before Horizon.  Just finished Miranda's and have parked the Normandy near Jacob's mission.  I'll knock that out tomorrow before I go to work if I get up early enough.  if not, I'll get Jacob squared away after dinner tomorrow and that should trigger the Derelict Collector Ship mission.

After that, it'll be farming side gigs and loyalty missions for as many credits as I can get.  I've maxed out SMG upgrades, so I am in a pretty good place to run the table on weapon and armor upgrades before going bankrupt and I should still have cash left over for my N7 armor pieces.  I'm getting the Ordnance Packs as soon as Derelict Collector Ship is done, then I'll do Kasumi's loyalty mission for the Locust and head for Tuchanka.

Edited by J.T.

The Tali loyaly mission is also fun if you bring Legion. They were not happy.

i think i have only a couple missions left: i skipped doing Whack a Pyjack earlier. I did the Citadel,forged ID mission earlier before stopping. I also had to rebuy my fish since they died once Kelly was not there to feed them, even though i checked on them after every mission. 

may do Legions mission before work. Aor at least scan some planets. 

I always take Tali to Legion's loyalty mission.  I can't remember whether or not she gets angry at you if you decide to rewrite the heretics rather than outright destroy them. 

Wrapped up my 2nd playthrough of 2, with WAY more resources than I did last time (not that it matters more than 25 GRP in 3).  Going the route of needing to do Arrival post-game then I can go to 3.  Good call on using the Cain on the Proto-Reaper.  With the ordinance packs and maxed Heavy Weapons upgrades it got 2 shots and that was more than enough.

Vanguards are so much better with Crowd control than Sentinels.

During the original playthroughs - only behind making sure I bought all the ship upgrades, my biggest panic was making sure I had all the heavy ammo upgrades to make that final fight simple.

I think I even missed one shot and still had done enough damage to land a couple of widow rounds to end it

Yeah - I am pretty sure I am not gonna get the Warp or Incinerate achievement this playthrough

Me and my squad are way too overpowered now so dudes are dying before shit can burn off.

Beat ME2.  Forgot how much I hate some of these loyalty missions (Thane, Samara) that I left till the end.

Never occurred to wonder how my hamster survived Edi venting the ship during the collector attack on the Normandy.  I guess the boring answer is Edi just sealed off Shepard's room, but I prefer to picture him as a little badass, hanging on for dear life while the collectors get sucked into the void.

Started ME3 as a Vanguard.  Having a much better time than when I tried it in ME2.  So far my strategy is have Liara use singularity to create a big ball of floating enemies, then charge em. Somehow I think I'm gonna struggle on Banshees.

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

Good call on using the Cain on the Proto-Reaper. 

No worries, dude.   I try to help people reduce as much grief as possible.

I'll be blasting the Proto-Reaper in a couple of days.   I still have a few Loyalty Missions and regular stuff to knock out and then I'll be ready.  I just bought my Ordinance Packs and am knocking out the Packages for Ish side gig before heading to the Bek to help Kasumi and get my Locust.

I also found it amusing that the whole game, the description for Incindeary Ammo says "Doesn't affect Synthetics" and I'm alright, but Inferno Ammo ate the 1/8th of the bar left on the Proto-Reaper after my Cain shots (provided I hit it in the eye).  Although I suppose that makes a bit of sense, when you really think about Reapers.

I'm still plugging away at ME2 and going through finding Archangel. I forgot how fucking good this game is. ME1 by comparison is rough, but this thing is quickly entering the realm of one of the best games I've ever played. 

Holy shit.  Just when I thought that that Dr. Hymes's audio log in Bring Down the Sky was the most depressing thing in the game, here comes the fucking video log of the female Quarian researcher trying to get a message to her family before she is evaporated by Geth pulse rifles.

I hate this fucking game sometimes.