DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Oh, Rippa.  You might not have been talking about your psyche profile.  You may have been thinking about your pre-service history.

I think I picked Spacer my first time out or it might've been Colonist.  I can't remember.

And it's Electronics you need to bump up so that you can unlock the storage container that is located in the shack where the colonists are hiding (the encounter after you talk to the scientists and her creepy companion).  I don't think Infiltrators get Electronics, so I will have to gimp Alenko's Biotics in order to get to that loot and then level him better later on.

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Oh, Rippa.  You might not have been talking about your psyche profile.  You may have been thinking about your pre-service history.

Yeah - that is what I was talking about

I know I did either Colonist or Spacer

I am pretty sure I did Solo Survivor because normally I don't choose things like "War Hero" or "Ruthless" 

Man, I forgot how slow Mass Effect 1 is to start. I'm also now remembering what I did the first time I played it, which was reading each and every single thing in the codex. It is funny though that I had little to no memory of the events of Mass Effect 1 and the moment I started playing it I started remembering the end of the game and some other stuff.

Still though, it feels good to be playing it again. I decided to play an Infiltrator this time around since sniper rifles actually work.

• Like 1

Weird that the physical edition comes with 2 discs but I never had to insert the second disc labelled "data installation disc"

(I am assuming maybe the 2nd disc is only for previous gen versions of the game ?‍♂️)

This is gonna be the least helpful but maybe helpful post

In the first game, you can change in your settings when you cap at "Level 30" or "Level 60". The original is basically the "30" setting where if you want to be maxed out - you have to play the game twice before moving to ME2. If you change it to "60" - they you should be able to be maxed after one playthrough

I just don't remember which menu or what the setting is called. (I am not not sure the 30/60 refers to level - I just know that is what you toggle between).

Obviously if you only want to do one playthrough - you should probably change that setting ASAP

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This is gonna be the least helpful but maybe helpful post

In the first game, you can change in your settings when you cap at "Level 30" or "Level 60". The original is basically the "30" setting where if you want to be maxed out - you have to play the game twice before moving to ME2. If you change it to "60" - they you should be able to be maxed after one playthrough

I just don't remember which menu or what the setting is called. (I am not not sure the 30/60 refers to level - I just know that is what you toggle between).

Obviously if you only want to do one playthrough - you should probably change that setting ASAP

Okay clarifying this

The option is called "Level Scaling" (It is the one right above Subtitles)

Classic Mode is how the original game went (1-60 level cap)

Legendary Mode shrinks that to 1-30 so almost assuredly you would be at max power at the end of the 1st playthrough

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Still though, it feels good to be playing it again. I decided to play an Infiltrator this time around since sniper rifles actually work.

Infiltrator Master Race. 

And yeah, weapon specialization > weapon proficiency.    It feels wonderful to be able to use all of my guns effectively and just be really good with Sniper Rifles and Pistols.  Free Aim should've been the standard all along.

I did not spend hours with my Shepard.  Maybe 30 or 40 minutes.  I have had a lot of errands to run today, so I am just getting to the Citadel before the C-Sec investigation and I probably won't get much trigger time tonight because my kid is coming in for the weekend.  I am only going to get a few more of these before she bounces to college, so I'm going to get in as much quality father / daughter time as I can.  

I think we're doing movies and Chik-Fil-A tonight and are taking my mom to see the matinee showing of Spiral on Saturday.  I'll probably stay up late tomorrow night and put a dent in this game while my kid and my sister do their usual Netflix binge watching thing.

I had forgotten that the Geth only killed the good colonist on Eden Prime and the shitty thieving ones managed to survive.  

• Like 1

Just now, J.T. said:

Infiltrator Master Race. 

And yeah, weapon specialization > weapon proficiency.    It feels wonderful to be able to use all of my guns effectively and just be really good with Sniper Rifles and Pistols.  Free Aim should've been the standard all along.

I did not spend hours with my Shepard.  Maybe 30 or 40 minutes.  I have had a lot of errands to run today, so I am just getting to the Citadel before the C-Sec investigation and I probably won't get much trigger time tonight because my kid is coming in for the weekend.  I am only going to get a few more of these before she bounces to college, so I'm going to get in as much quality father / daughter time as I can.  

I think we're doing movies and Chik-Fil-A tonight and are taking my mom to see the matinee showing of Spiral on Saturday.  I'll probably stay up late tomorrow night and put a dent in this game while my kid and my sister do their usual Netflix binge watching thing.

I had forgotten that the Geth only killed the good colonist on Eden Prime and the shitty thieving ones managed to survive.  

And the weird scientist with the death fetish. 

I am dumb.  Infiltrators and Sentinels get Electronics from jump, so I was easily able to access all of the loot boxes on Eden Prime.  

I had forgotten what a dialogue slog that the Citadel was, but the game rewards you with XP for talking to people and of course there is an achievement for unlocking a lot of Codex entries so nearly all conversations are worthwhile.

Now that the fiasco hearing is over, I can tax my elderly brain and see if I remember all the the Keeper locations in the Citadel off of the top of my head.  I'm about to roll down into the wards now that I have leads on Wrex and need to talk to the Turian General and drunk ass Harken in that bar.  I seem to recall a side mission involving some crazy AI going down sometime soon as well.

I can't remember all of this shit.  At some point, I am going to have to cheat.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

I stopped for the night right after Tali joined the crew.

i dont think ive done anything major that contradicts my Paragon status. 
i am thinking i migtht chane my romance choices when i get to them. In the old days, i always picked Liara. 

5 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Whoever said "You can't go home again", never played Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

I'm home again.

I did not realize how much I missed Refund Guy or Doran trying to goad me into playing Quasar.

For those of you hunting achievements or collecting trophys, the "Do 5 Missions With" medals include Assignments (side missions) as well as the missions in the main story line. 

I just unlocked the medal for completing missions with Kaiden (Alliance Sentinel) after giving Schells's Quasar cheating device to Doran, so the achievement counted all of the side missions I've been doing while hunting down info to implicate Saren.

Edited by J.T.