DVDVR Message Board

Takeover: Orlando

HumanChessgame

1 hour ago, Kyle Casey said:

Apropos of nothing, I just realized the joke of the Authors of Pain's names: Akam and Razar, or rather, Occam's Razor. 

How did I not see that right away? 

Hah, you're not the only one.

On 3/28/2017 at 0:10 PM, J.T. said:

I am way more stoked for this card than I am for WrestleMania.

Same here, though really, I'm not that excited about either card.  If my wife wants to see a movie or go visiting or something Saturday night, I won't see any wrestling this weekend.

The Takeover card looks alright but my NXT interest is a fraction of what it was 1-2 years ago.

Edit: I got the Occam's Razor joke a while ago, but it took me a couple weeks.

• Like 1

Predictions:

Bobby Roode retains the NXT Championship against Swasuke Nakamura.

Asuka retains NXT Women's Championship versus Ember Moon.

DIY win the NXT Tag Team Titles from Authors of Pain and the Revival.

Aleister Black defeats Andrade Almas.

SAnitY beat Tye Dillinger/Roderick Strong/No Way Jose/Ruby Riot.

---

What a difference on paper between the two WrestleMania TakeOver's.

I am so not digging NXT but I feel like this card is being slept on. There may not be anything that stands out as an all time classic but I'll be surprised if each match doesn't deliver. Not even the shitty writing and character work they've done can override the talent of some of the people involved. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Why isn't Ohno on the card? Seems like a weird omission.  

Doesn't that fallow a pretty standard pattern...I mean Ohno will likely work a dark match that night or be heavy on any shows they tape on or around it. Didnt the same happen to Crews when he first came in

On 3/30/2017 at 1:46 PM, muhammedboehm said:

Doesn't that fallow a pretty standard pattern...I mean Ohno will likely work a dark match that night or be heavy on any shows they tape on or around it. Didnt the same happen to Crews when he first came in

Crews made his debut at a TakeOver (Brooklyn). He would work the following two (Respect and London). So no, not really. 

Seriously, how they could have Chris Hero locked in and not being doing anything with him is beyond me. His absence here should really be one of the bigger stories of Mania weekend. 

NXT has a history of booking matches where neither person/team involved really should be losing at the moment and that's how I see the Almas/Black match shaping up. You don't want to re-debut Tommy End with ANOTHER loss after he dropped a fall against Neville in the UK. At the same time, Almas is coming off that fantastic match with ORNEY LORCAN and is just finding his in-ring groove in NXT, despite not having an established character and the crowd largely being disconnected with him. Additionally, he lost to a new face at the last Takeover in what I guess will be very similar to this one: great in-ring action with crickets for a soundtrack.

I'm still thinking this overdelivers big time but I'm worried going off the shows from Friday that the crowd may be burnt out already if you have lots of carryover between shows and all of the events.

the nxt show in two punctuation marks: /\

can't hate on the triple tag match, it was referential as hell but that's appropriate for the crowd they're playing to, and I'm increasingly into Da PG Hit Squad. also had a good laugh at the super smarky crowd chanting "bullshit" when the faces were eliminated first

rest of the show was at best dull.

I enjoyed the Asuka/Ember match a good deal. Best Asuka has looked in a pretty damn long time. Almas looked great in his match.

That tag match was perfectly constructed, and did everything it set out to accomplish in outstanding fashion. The Revival are the best act in wrestling now, and DIY is close. 

• Like 1