DVDVR Message Board

Takeover: Orlando

HumanChessgame

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Dude.

Hide contents

27086_800x800.jpg

27090_800x800.jpg

They rule if you're okay wearing satanist gear (hail Aleister Crowley!) and angry Tommy End poetry, then the above link is your homie. I can almost guarantee you his NXT gear won't be as good as some of the shit on there.

Oh, yeah, I already knew about his shirts when he was Tommy End. I just hope his NXT stuff is half as good as that, even though I'm expecting it won't be.

I hope Black gets a cool shirt, though if not, it just gives me an(other) excuse to wear one of my too many metal shirts to the local NXT stop and pretend. Satyricon is close enough, yeah?

Anyway, loved the tag, the women's match, and the main. I thought Asuka got across surprise in her selling really well, then switching back to "what, I won!" arrogance when it was over. The loss does more for Moon than a win would have. 

Great show, good booking and action. I've been super cynical about mania, so it was really nice to watch this with friends and enjoy myself.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Dude.

Reveal hidden contents

27086_800x800.jpg

27090_800x800.jpg

If you're okay wearing satanist gear (hail Aleister Crowley!) and angry Tommy End poetry, then the above link is your homie. I can almost guarantee you his NXT gear won't be as good as some of the shit on there.

Those Tommy End shirts are pretty great.

Roode and Nak are working great together and that tag match was fucking bonkers.

Too bad that the last March Madness is probably the last one.  Asuka / Ember Moon is a pretty good start to Asuka being relevant and talked about again. 

Moon got in a decent amount of offense and doesn't lose much heat by dropping a match to nearly invulnerable Asuka.

So yeah, beyond the coolness of seeing Ruby Riot, that tag match was the SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. I was so into that match and so many parts had that awesome "holy shit this is a fucking fight" type feel to it.

Nak vs Roode was fucking awesome too and it was the first time in awhile where I felt that Nak was getting his groove back. I'm not sure if I liked their match more than that tag match, but it's close.

And Aleister Black is amazing. Everything I hoped he'd be. That dude is going to be a star. Granted, I'm probably only saying that because he reminds me so much of Punk.

He always came across as a star every time I saw him on the UK indy scene.  He has everything they could ask for. I'm just saddened with Almas, I don't think he's going to make it.  Maybe I'm wrong, it just doesn't seem like there's a plan which is a shame because he could easily walk onto RAW or SDL and instantly be a midcard title holder.

About the tag match. According to Rovert, Ciampa is having major surgery very soon, and with Revival rumoured to be called up the result was never in doubt. Even so I really loved the match. Only downside was the flat finish.

Edit: listening to Observer Radio and Dave mentions he's heard Ciampa is hurt.

Anybody else think Sanity is fully ready for an as is call up to the main roster? Their entire presentation now is a main roster gimmick and they are ready to go.  Only thing is, would people think they're too similar to the Wyatt Family? Or maybe they get the call up as the new family members? I dunno. I with their tweaked look last night, seemed like a final piece before they go up. And with Damo in the Andre Battle Royal, perhaps now is their time 

• Like 1

The show overdelivered for sure.

Asuka/Ember was a damn fine match, probably Asuka's best in NXT. Who knew competition and actually selling would do wonders.

When DIY and The Revival cooperate, they were unstoppable, it was scary how great a team they were.

Nakamura/Roode was the battle of who could sell an injury better. Roode never fails to sells his character and does not sell out on his role no matter what, he's like the Revival of the NXT main event. And that spinbuster with followup accidental pin was glorious.

What can you say about Aleister Black's debute? Fuck the haters.

fXQc4wB.gif

• Like 3

This was my first time watching Black and I...was not feeling the gimmick. I know a lot of you guys have been pimping him for awhile, but my initial reaction was, "he's like a more physical looking Punk".  I'm not gonna shit on him because I'd like to look at some more of his work to form a real opinion, but all I got out of his presentation was a guy who "looks cool". 

I can't begin to describe how much I loved the tag match. I legit popped out of my seat when DIY and the Revival paired up to do each other's finishers. 

This was my first time watching NXT in a while and I thoroughly enjoyed it. More so than previous eras of NXT. I was under the impression that NXT was in somewhat of a downturn so I was surprised to see how good it was.

Tag match was fucking brutal. AOP give me an old school Dudley Boys circa 1997 vibe.

Nakamura and Roode was so tremendous. Can't wait to see what Nak does on Smackdown. I'd like to see him in the ring with Taker just once. 

Have AOP always been this awesome? I knew OF them but never really sat down and watched them. 

Just awesome old school bully heels. Love the look, love the names, love Ellering. What a great presentation. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Have AOP always been this awesome? I knew OF them but never really sat down and watched them. 

Just awesome old school bully heels. Love the look, love the names, love Ellering. What a great presentation. 

AOP are awesome. They were a little rough around the edges for a while, but that just resulted in them doing some old-school squashes that were super brutal looking. But they've had nothing but good matches against actual tag teams, too. Americans Alpha had a really good match with The Authors in their goodbye match.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

AOP are awesome. They were a little rough around the edges for a while, but that just resulted in them doing some old-school squashes that were super brutal looking. But they've had nothing but good matches against actual tag teams, too. Americans Alpha had a really good match with The Authors in their goodbye match.

Its funny, watching this match I was already thinking how cool it would be to call them up to smackdown eventually and start off with a feud against American Alpha. 

This whole "Black reminds me of Punk because tattoos" thing is so lame. They're nothing alike, and Black's strikes actually look good and he's fairly athletic. I didn't start this show until after the final four games so it was a little too late in the night for me to appreciate a long main event. I'll have to give it another watch latter.

The Revival have to have the best match resume in NXT history. I can't believe they had had Tye eat the fall in the opener. The booking for Asuka/Ember was well done. Hopefully Ember gets over enough as a face to make the story work. All in all it was a fun show. I hope Nak ends up on SDL.

• Like 1

Did they bring in some Full Sail interns to direct this special?  I swear there were at least 10 missed highspots throughout the night. At least the wrestling itself was great enough to minimize most of this. 

It was particularly bad in the tag match where it seemed like they were constantly playing catchup and missing the action even though it was laid out for spots to follow each other instead of hot concurrently.