DVDVR Message Board

2017-2018 NCAA BASKETBALL SEASON

RIPPA

I guess I can put this here but I am so tired of seeing all the media constantly bringing in Lavar Ball so that he can do his shtick about how he and his sons are the greatest players in the world.  At least I hope it is shtick because if not and those three kids don't turn into even solid NBA players then he is going to be broke and vengeful at his own kids for not making him rich.   The kids seem to be really grounded although with this pushy dad desperate to live off his son for his livelihood it could only be a matter of time

This goof makes Richard Williams seem centered. 

I can never decide if Crean looks more like he would have a basement full of human skulls, or will do whatever it takes to get you in this used Hyundai.

EDIT: I retract my previous statement.  He looks like Willy Loman at the end of a three day bender.

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

I guess I can put this here but I am so tired of seeing all the media constantly bringing in Lavar Ball so that he can do his shtick about how he and his sons are the greatest players in the world.  At least I hope it is shtick because if not and those three kids don't turn into even solid NBA players then he is going to be broke and vengeful at his own kids for not making him rich.   The kids seem to be really grounded although with this pushy dad desperate to live off his son for his livelihood it could only be a matter of time

This goof makes Richard Williams seem centered. 

I knew at least three dudes like Lavar growing up, but all their sons were garbage so I salute him for getting this far.

On 3/16/2017 at 1:07 PM, Zimbra said:

I can never decide if Crean looks more like he would have a basement full of human skulls, or will do whatever it takes to get you in this used Hyundai.

I'm curious why you think it would have to be one or the other.

• Like 3

JT3 is out at Georgetown

It seems like they worked out some sort of buyout so they didn't have to actually fire him

EDIT - Nevermind. Reports have been edited and he definitely was fired

• Like 1

So Pat Kelsey had agreed to leave Winthrop and become the UMASS head coach.

Two days later he was all "fuck that" and went back to Winthrop

Apparently 30 minutes before he was to be introduced, he asked to be let out of the agreement

On 3/23/2017 at 2:16 PM, RIPPA said:

JT3 is out at Georgetown

It seems like they worked out some sort of buyout so they didn't have to actually fire him

The Daily News is all-in on how they should hire Patrick Ewing. He's got the coaching experience and it would definitely light a fire in the Big East again. 

On 3/23/2017 at 2:16 PM, RIPPA said:

JT3 is out at Georgetown

Finally...and I had to find out from a Sports Pickle gag article about Patrick Ewing interviewing for the job...that useless motherfucker got way too many years out of his old man's name...

The North Carolina legislature has agreed to (sort of) repeal the anti-LGBT bill, HB2, a couple of days before the NCAA's deadline to pull all championship events until 2022.

It appears that Patrick Ewing is the leader in the clubhouse for the Georgetown job as he is interviewing in person tomorrow (after interviewing over the phone a few times already)

Of course - all their first choices didn't even want to talk to them