DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is Bray Does Blackface - 3/14/2017

Dolfan in NYC

11 hours ago, Cameron Swift said:

And then they show Shane going through the car window... from a camera placed inside the car. It was actually a decently worked beatdown segment up to that point. It just screamed "hey, all of this shit was planned in advance"

One of the few good things I'll say about TNA. (In the early days anyway.)

When TNA made it clear the camera guys were sneaking in on the heels and their conversations backstage. They tip toe; they are quiet. They want scandal.

Then Jeff Jarrett (after he has revealed his evil plans) gets annoyed when he suddenly spots them and kicks them out.

It gives the viewer the necessary exposition. But makes it clear: No. The heels ain't OK being caught on camera discussing their evilness.  

The Bray shit reminded me of something Charlie from It's Always Sunny would do after huffing too many spray paint fumes.

And once again we're back to a cult leader without a fucking cult, so really, he's just a crazy asshole. How do they keep fucking up Bray so much? This shit should be easy! Cult leader has his cult that follows him and he directs them to attack and convert others. Easy. Done. By the way, the cult leader actually has to win and serve as a final boss. The opposite consistently happens with Bray and it's maddening.

Count me in for putting Axel with him though. Axel is so good and would probably form one hell of a tag team with Harper. Hell, just have Axel on TV again with a moderate push. If you watch the Up Up Down Down stuff, then you know Axel has a fun, cocky personality. Let that dude go out there and have a chance to shine or stick him with Bray. 

• Like 1

The sadness of Wyatt / Orton comes from the mailing in of the angle.  I expect Orton to win and I also expect Wyatt to get his cult back with some sort of major swerve going on at Mania or some other PPV.

Harper will probably return home to the family and it is kinda obvious that someone (probably Paige when her neck is 100% or maybe Rosemary when TNA finally kills her gimmick) could eventually be packaged as Sister Abigail.

5 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Rips did that gag last week. The punchline was that he'd rather see Shane fight AJ than Road Dogg...

I got him on block.  

I don't think we saw Fit last week though.

Just now, Rev Ray said:

I got him on block.  

I don't think we saw Fit last week though.

Fit and Arn weren't there last week - my ratings would have been different

Just now, RIPPA said:

Fit and Arn weren't there last week - my ratings would have been different

I still think that AJ vs. Road Dogg would be better than AJ/Shane because I think Road Dogg has enough Memphis Bullshit Shitck to pull that it would be more entertaining than Shane trying to match AJ in spots.  20 minutes of Road Dogg doing hide the object spots at Mania vs. AJ better than Shane jumps off of high things.

I made some wiseass crack in the Wrestling Photo thread this month about black don't crack / Irish don't blemish but wow, Fit looks "fit" and I believe he could still go a good sixty with AJ.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

the wwe.com website with some very good but not actually accurate updates as they moved AJ to the "Alumni" section of the website

Which fits the getting fired part but doesn't work if Shane is gonna wrestle him

The match isn't official yet. Bryan said he had to talk to Shane about it since he did fire him.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - another reminder

Break federal law (and pose while doing it)- get a Mania title match

Beat up your boss - get fired

To be fair the former is more the failure of the US Justice system than WWE. Besides this feels mostly in line with past decisions. Aren't Taker & Kane both admitted murderers?

10 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Meanwhile I am constructing a longer list each week of agents I'd rather see AJ fight, right now Fit and Jamie are probably the top 2.  Arn is up there even with his neck issues.

Man how weird and awesome would an AJ/Dean Malenko match be. And remembering (!) Rippa's post from the other thread, I don't think he had him listed...

Unfortunately, it will be Cena and Miz throwing those punches... but Nikki will be throwing elbows, so that sort of makes up for it.

I'm wondering if the SFX guys who were front row last night did the glass for the car window spot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - another reminder

Break federal law (and pose while doing it)- get a Mania title match

Beat up your boss - get fired

Don't forget the challenger for the Intercontinental championship attacking the champion with a god damn forklift and merely getting a stern talking to.

Just now, Cristobal said:

Tom Phillips was super into it then someone told him Bryan said "PUNCHING".

You know he was only saying "PUNCHING" on Smackdown, because if this was a Talking Smack exclusive, it would have been "FISTING".

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, FireThunder said:

Don't forget the challenger for the Intercontinental championship attacking the champion with a god damn forklift and merely getting a stern talking to.

Didn't he also take someone hostage for awhile and then murder them by using them as a projectile/distraction.

I'm surprised more criminals don't seek asylum in the WWE. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

The sadness of Wyatt / Orton comes from the mailing in of the angle.  I expect Orton to win and I also expect Wyatt to get his cult back with some sort of major swerve going on at Mania or some other PPV.

Harper will probably return home to the family and it is kinda obvious that someone (probably Paige when her neck is 100% or maybe Rosemary when TNA finally kills her gimmick) could eventually be packaged as Sister Abigail.

Is their any way we dvdrians can not shoe horn in Rosemary in WWE even for a character that went from this- 

urn2b.jpg915aa03c-f7dd-43dc-9647-40210f9

To this in a matter of a week-

4d43d6e3d3f824c0c590f3bef21ff814.jpg

She is officially the new Daffney. 

2 hours ago, piranesi said:

I'm surprised more criminals don't seek asylum in the WWE. 

Well, they did hire Randy Orton after he went AWOL from the Marines and spent 38 days in a military prison at Camp Pendleton.

17 hours ago, GodzillaPerez said:

Tossed through the ropes. Fine, Axel has nothing. Still was the 3rd best Social Outcast.

The biggest crime of this clip is the dubbing of Maven's entrance theme

• Like 1