DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is Bray Does Blackface - 3/14/2017

Dolfan in NYC

On 15/03/2017 at 5:33 PM, Reed said:

On the bright side, AJ's hair continues to look amazing.

How has he not been given a L'Oreal contract yet?

Nicest hair I've seen on TV since Jennifer Aniston when she had "The Rachel." 

img_4283.jpg?resize=1160,650

Credit to NikoBaltimore for finding this.

• Like 6

Thanks, @The Natural, but that's pic's been on AJ's Twitter before.  And it's AJ approved too!  Much like that awesome 450 video where goes through all of space and time.

And looking back at Bray smearing the ashes, if it took up some of the face I'd be fine with it.  But going all blackface with it in 2017?  Holy fuckballs WWE's lucky nobody really cares enough to raise a stink about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Maybe Bray spread the ashes on himself because he's looking out for Predators.

ArchPredator.jpg

Off-Topic, but this is something I absolutely love about Archer. There's been a couple of references to Predator, and they have never denied his existence. :)

• Like 1

Nobody says anything when Balor does blackface.  Wyatt should've burned down Orton's house in retaliation.  It's the one with the sledgehammer holes in the front door and the fake wife sitting on the couch.

And I'm pretty sure Undertaker eliminated Maven from that Rumble.  I think after he beat him up around ringside, he tossed him back in the ring and casually dumped Maven's carcass over the top before leaving.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BEN! said:

And I'm pretty sure Undertaker eliminated Maven from that Rumble.  I think after he beat him up around ringside, he tossed him back in the ring and casually dumped Maven's carcass over the top before leaving.

I think Taker eliminated him in 2003.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, just drew said:

I was there. You could hear those chairshots through the whole arena. Nasty.

Undertaker's chairshots are brutal, Shawn Michaels at In Your House 18: Badd Blood, the already posted one to Maven from the 2002 Royal Rumble match and this beauty:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Thanks, @The Natural, but that's pic's been on AJ's Twitter before.  And it's AJ approved too!  Much like that awesome 450 video where goes through all of space and time.

And looking back at Bray smearing the ashes, if it took up some of the face I'd be fine with it.  But going all blackface with it in 2017?  Holy fuckballs WWE's lucky nobody really cares enough to raise a stink about it.

Cheers, @NikoBaltimore!

I'm not going back through the thread to review responses (in case I'm repeating the obvious) but Becky/Nattie was really good for such a short match. Nattie's stalling and the tease of the German was inspired and I liked Becky getting the tapout. However, it's been forever since I've watched Smackdown (this is the Espanol replay) so I have no idea what the angle is with Carmella and the Goober Currently Known As James Ellsworth.

And damn the Alexa/Mickey match is good too! It's sloppy in parts but heated and the mistakes felt intentional, feels like a really good Divas match that fell through the cracks. Loved Alexa just goozling Mickey at one point. 

You gotta love Finlay's pimp-ass purple shirt under the blue suit jacket. 

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm not going back through the thread to review responses (in case I'm repeating the obvious) but Becky/Nattie was really good for such a short match. Nattie's stalling and the tease of the German was inspired and I liked Becky getting the tapout. However, it's been forever since I've watched Smackdown (this is the Espanol replay) so I have no idea what the angle is with Carmella and the Goober Currently Known As James Ellsworth.

And damn the Alexa/Mickey match is good too! It's sloppy in parts but heated and the mistakes felt intentional, feels like a really good Divas match that fell through the cracks. Loved Alexa just goozling Mickey at one point. 

You gotta love Finlay's pimp-ass purple shirt under the blue suit jacket. 

Carmella is using Hogsworth to win matches.

The only way the Carmella/Ellsworth angle makes sense is if we find out that that Carmella spilled wine on her mom's super expensive suede dress and Ellsworth told her he would use the lawn-mowing money he was saving for a telescope to buy a new one if she pretends to be his girlfriend so he can learn how to fit into the WWE roster and not have to go back to Maryland and hang out with his nerd friends.

17 minutes ago, piranesi said:

The only way the Carmella/Ellsworth angle makes sense is if we find out that that Carmella spilled wine on her mom's super expensive suede dress and Ellsworth told her he would use the lawn-mowing money he was saving for a telescope to buy a new one if she pretends to be his girlfriend so he can learn how to fit into the WWE roster and not have to go back to Maryland and hang out with his nerd friends.

Oh man, wiki tells me Amanda Peterson passed away at age 43. :(

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Oh man, wiki tells me Amanda Peterson passed away at age 43. :(

Yeah. I don't think I can even watch that movie again.  That ending, with the two of them riding off to the horizon on a lawnmower is such a "coming of age comedy" ending image that makes you feel like they're so young and there's this amazing endless future ahead of them...

nope...dead.

So many movies end that way and leave you feeling hopeful and so that one now threatens to obliterate an entire genre of feel-good film in one sad torrent of existential depression. 

Fucking Ellsworth, man.

On 18.3.2017 at 1:16 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think Taker eliminated him in 2003.

He eliminated Maven in consecutive years. I know simply because I was under the assumption he never got eliminated. Just as said, Maven got thrown through the ropes, got the tar beaten out off him, got tossed back in and then thrown over the third. Taker proceeded to kill him and threw him into popcorn machine. It was one of the greatest beatdowns in the last 20 years for me.

Wouldn't one of the Headbangers in the 1999 Rumble count? He was about to enter, got beaten up by Mabel who joined the match, cleaned house, then got jumped by the ministry and turned into Viscera.