DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is Bray Does Blackface - 3/14/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Maryse was awesome, always a big fan of her. Really enjoyed Alexa/Mickie while it lasted though the finish was kind of abrupt. Alexa's KO punch near the end ruled as does her trash talk throughout the match. Becky/Natalya was pretty good too. Glad to see Carmella back in the mix. Dug the tag with a solid finish. Shane O Mac the walking tall badass of the WWE, they've got me looking forward to Styles/Shane at Mania.

49 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Maryse was awesome, always a big fan of her. Really enjoyed Alexa/Mickie while it lasted though the finish was kind of abrupt. Alexa's KO punch near the end ruled as does her trash talk throughout the match. Becky/Natalya was pretty good too. Glad to see Carmella back in the mix. Dug the tag with a solid finish. Shane O Mac the walking tall badass of the WWE, they've got me looking forward to Styles/Shane at Mania.

Meanwhile I am constructing a longer list each week of agents I'd rather see AJ fight, right now Fit and Jamie are probably the top 2.  Arn is up there even with his neck issues.

• Like 4

Curtis Axel is actually a very good wrestler. He would benefit greatly from a Paul Jones type manager. Sadly, there are no Paul Jones type managers anymore. I would love to see Bo be acknowledged as Bray's brother just so they can play the Wyatt's as this legit insane family. If they really wanted to give it a backstory they could dip into the Flordia archives and say it all has to do with Blackjack Mulligan feuding with Kevin Sullivan. Curtis Axel becomes the new Purple Haze or something. God, this stuff isn't THAT hard.

As for Maryse, I have always loved her so I am so glad she is coming back to wrestle at least this one match. Bryan had to go and slip up and make it sound like this was an Intergender match though when he was saying both Nikki and John could punch Miz. I kinda want to see Maryse hit Cena with that snap DDT of her's.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I actually really like Curtis Axel and think he's been massively underused.

I wish he had stuck around in NXT long enough to face Dillinger.

Axel declaring that there's only one man in WWE that gets to claim being perfect would be a great upper card series and Takeover match.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Meanwhile I am constructing a longer list each week of agents I'd rather see AJ fight, right now Fit and Jamie are probably the top 2.  Arn is up there even with his neck issues.

Rips did that gag last week. The punchline was that he'd rather see Shane fight AJ than Road Dogg...

It was totally awesome that AJ knew better than to fuck with Fit Finlay.  As much as I love backstage brawls, I totally hated the bad movie physics.  Putting Shane through a car window in this day and age?  Really?

I marked for Tom Savini big time..   The backstage brawl is evidence that they could use a good SFX guy on the payroll.

Yay, a big win for the Usos and a clean finish, too! Fuck, that means that AA will probably retain at WM.

Can Baron Corbin remember anyone's name if there are no cue cards out of camera shot to read from?

I also marked big for Alexa's huge punch to the face and then went into SMH mode when she tried to use that stupid knees combo finisher that always looks ugly.  Mickie's counter into the Chick Kick for the win was pretty awesome though and Alexa sold it with the beautiful kung fu movie headspin followthrough before collapsing into a heap.  YES~!  Too bad the crowd had no idea who to cheer for.

Bray says that he's absorbed the evil of Sister Abigail's soul.  Orton says that he had to sink to new depths of sadism in order for his plan of betrayal to work.  Who is the real heel in all of this bullshit?  Why am I pulling for the grieving Satanist to beat the scheming douchebag win at WM knowing that Wyatt will probably job?  Because Fuck Randy Orton, that's why.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fallacy! said:

What's with this rollercoaster bullshit for Wrestlemania? THE ULTIMATE THRILL RIDE?

Seems like all of their commercials are built around fans going through a roller coaster of wrestlers popping up.  The Brock/Goldberg one on RAW was particular funny trying to imagine what is scarier going 60 MPH straight down:  a picture of Brock popping up, Goldberg popping up, or hearing Heyman screaming at you the entire time.

One thing I learned from AJ beating up Shane is not to expect shit from a Lyft or Uber driver when you are getting beat up in front of them.

By the way it isn't like it was Randy Orton level blood.  Just a little.  The best part would have been if Finlay would have been trying to put those latex gloves on while telling AJ to get out

58 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The problem with Bray's gimmick is that schtick alone is not convincing me that he's the greater of the two evils in this feud.

Seriously. Orton literally burned a man's home and the grave of "his sister" to the ground and triumphantly posed while doing so.  Bray has been just fighting in matches and doing basic mind games with people. 

How hard is it to have Bray do his "reborn" schtick, stare at the camera, and say "Run."  And have the cameras come up and clip the living hell out of Orton's knee and then beat him down with the fury of a thousand suns.  The man just took everything from him, and he just covers himself in dirt. GTFOH.

The most evil he's done is to his washing machine. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It means that Wrestlemania is going to make us throw up.

Considering I'm watching this at a bar that might be a possibility.  At least it doesn't have Roman-HHH.

I wish they actually fired Bo on Raw so he would have to go to Smackdown.  He'd be so despondent over the firing that Bray could easily recruit him.  Which gives me yet another reason to hate that closing Raw segment so much.  Smackdown was largely dull due to the crowd, especially for that tag match.  I get why they covered the Shane incident so much but the split screen during the tag match really infuriated me.

• Like 1

the wwe.com website with some very good but not actually accurate updates as they moved AJ to the "Alumni" section of the website

Which fits the getting fired part but doesn't work if Shane is gonna wrestle him

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Bray says that he's absorbed the evil of Sister Abigail's soul.  Orton says that he had to sink to new depths of sadism in order for his plan of betrayal to work.  

This Bray-Orton feud really does come off like a bad B horror movie at points.

I expect Samara to show up soon.