DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Stop Hitting yourself, Mick. Are you crying? Stop Hitting yourself? Are you crying yet, babyMANDIBLE CLAW MANDIBLE CLAW IT"S 1998!!!

piranesi

2 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

It was great to see Aries back. I'm gonna miss him on commentary. 

And yeah, that tag match was fun. Even though it would've made absolutely no sense, I would've liked to have seen that six-man tag from this house show in Buffalo(?), this past weekend. 

I was kind of expecting Balor to make the save for Jericho and Sami.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was kind of expecting Balor to make the save for Jericho and Sami.

Yeah, I wonder how they're gonna shoehorn him into Mania. I hope they're not waiting until after, when the new season starts. 

6 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Yeah, I wonder how they're gonna shoehorn him into Mania. I hope they're not waiting until after, when the new season starts. 

Maybe Rollins pins Hunter at Mania, then KO and Joe come out and help HHH put the boots to Rollins when Balor (possibly in the Demon gimmick) makes the save?

7 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

If I'm HHH, I'm pushing for Brock/Balor after WM instead of Brock/Roman.

Night after WM, Heyman and Brock are in the ring, Paul E. going on about Brock conquering Goldberg, lights go out, Balor comes out to challenge for the title he didn't lose.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If I'm HHH, I'm pushing for Brock/Balor after WM instead of Brock/Roman.

Night after WM, Heyman and Brock are in the ring, Paul E. going on about Brock conquering Goldberg, lights go out, Balor comes out to challenge for the title he didn't lose.

Oh, good. I wasn't at all tired of people complaining about the prospect of comparatively undersized wrestlers squaring off against Brock.

I really wish there was a way around multi-women matches at WrestleMania. To their credit, the RAW ladies had a good triple threat match last year and the SDL ladies had a couple fun multi-women matches right after the draft but these don't feel like a big deal..   On both brands it feels like it's just being thrown together.   RAW should have just been Charlotte vs. Bayley or Sasha vs. Bayley and Smackdown could have been Alexa vs. Naomi being that it's Orlando (and if she's healthy)  and then Becky and Mickie could have did something or they could do like New Japan and just have a big tag match.

I figured/hoped Rollins coming back early from injury (or storyline re-injured after that brutal attack tonight) meant there was a logical reason for HHH to go over this time. No way should less than 100% Rollins go over at WM but he probably will.

I guess Foley getting fifteen seconds of vengeance is the best we're going to get these days.  Really wouldn't have killed them to let Foley put HHH out while looking at Steph, and he gets to leave with his head up high.  HHH can come to, be furious, demand Foley come back and Rollins comes out, and we can still get that finish, but nope.  Gotta make sure the one person who will never get their comeuppance comes off the strongest.

I missed most of the show cause I fell asleep. I got most of it sitting on the dvr so I can always watch it during the blizzard tomorrow. But that ending was just so WWE. Of course they have to take the little dignity Mick Foley has left. Of course they have to make sure Triple H stands tall after Seth got one in on him.

I think these people misunderstood when people started saying we like rooting for the bad guy. There's two kinds of bad guys. The one you can empathize with and root for and the one that's so horrible you just want to see them get what's coming to them in the most horrible way possible. Now which one do you think Stephanie comes off as?

Who ever puts down Stephanie will be the biggest star that company will have probably for the next decade.

I honestly believe that the only person Stephanie is going to have a clean loss to in the ring is whichever of her daughters is first to join the wrestling business.

Edited to add: Piranesi is part ninja for that post snuck in right before mine.

• Like 6

I mostly fast forwarded through raw save the short segments and short matches. The Foley stuff was way too obvious and didn't interest me. I just don't want to watch Enzo & Cass matches. Same with Jinder Mahal. And of course the two matches I actually wanted to see were both cut short in Sami/Y2J vs. KO/Joe & Bayley vs. Nia.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I could see them putting Charlotte over Stephanie.  Or maybe Serena Williams.

Flair's kid over Vince's kid? Not seeing that one. Has Serena shown actual interest in being in a match?

21 minutes ago, zev said:

I honestly believe that the only person Stephanie is going to have a clean loss to in the ring is whichever of her daughters is first to join the wrestling business.

Edited to add: Piranesi is part ninja for that post snuck in right before mine.

Aurora Rose is 10, so there's eight years of build up coming.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Aurora Rose is 10, so there's eight years of build up coming.

If she gets her promo skills from her dad, she can start now and be ready right on time. 

Man that show sucked. I think the high point was this exchange after Emma's video:

Graves: Are we seriously doing this again?
Saxton: Oh yeah.

• Like 2

You'd think Dana Brooke of all people getting a big pop after a pretty run-of-the-mill "standing tall" babyface moment would clue them in that maybe that same style of segment could be even more effective with someone of Seth Rollins' status...

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Oh, good. I wasn't at all tired of people complaining about the prospect of comparatively undersized wrestlers squaring off against Brock.

Don't worry, this time, you'll have lots of ammo with Brock selling for a 50-year-old man with worse cardio than 2014 Batista as his most recent program.